Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Now I know how King Pyrrhus of Epirus felt after defeating the Romans at the Battle of Heraclea in 280 BC and the Battle of Asculum in 279 BC.

While Biden may win still. This election was in a way for the soul of our nation. I don't think we can afford more like this.

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

Unless I'm reading these numbers wrong, this isn't a turnout issue. They actually have very good turnout (I think?) this election. They're definitely voting for a geriatric white man, just the wrong one.

So the only justification I can come up with here is that Trump actually hit on the covid economy in a tangible way. The pandemic disproportionally affected minorities. So while we all might be preaching for shut downs, masks, regulations etc., many hispanics in working class communities can't afford shut downs. Trump yelling loudly to open the country signifies to them a sense of self-preservation of their own skin. 

That's all I can think of. Any Trump support for non-Cuban hispanics isn't driven by immigration rhetoric, social values, or anything else. 

Just now, ManUtdRedDevils said:

So Hispanics want a wall to keep other  Hispanics out? 

Spider Man Reaction GIF

This is less on Hispanics and more of a noted behavior of 2nd-3rd+ generation immigrants. 

It also depends on the community itself. I grew up in both El Paso and the RGV of Texas. Those areas aren't necessarily anti-immigrant yet given how closely tied their familial structures are to border-crossing relations. 

19 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Biden performed poorly with pretty much all hispanic groups compared to Clinton though.  Quite an embarrassment. 

As I had mentioned a few weeks? months? years? back, there has been a huge rush of memes and straight disinformation specifically targeting Spanish-speaking religious folks. News about Biden wanting to close all churches or clips of Trump saying something that sounds religious, but lacks any sincerity that wouldn't be picked up when English isn't your first language. A lot of it was straight gross and would have been flagged as offensive were it in English, but gets a pass because Facebook seems to be way more lenient on Spanish-language content.

Alright, first off, I apologize for being completely unstable last night.  I should be glad I didn't do any drinking...

Anyway, let me sum up my thoughts as of now:

POSITIVES:

--As of now, if looks like mail-in and early voting will give Biden the votes he needs to pull off the win from behind.  And Trump getting booted from the WH is a much, MUCH needed victory, especially with how 2020 has gone.

--There is still a chance that the Senate would be split 50/50.  Assuming Biden wins, while this means the Dems won't get the majority like we hoped, it would at least give them the tiebreaker, so maybe they can get some shit done.

NEGATIVES:

--This was nowhere near the landslide that we were hoping for, which would have been a rebuke on Trumpism.  Which means that for the foreseeable future, the GOP is going to triple down on it.  That does not bode well for 2022 and 2024...

--If this doesn't demonstrate how big of a failure the Dem leadership is, nothing will.  Pelosi, Schumer, and the like need to step down, as their current strategy trying to cater to left-leaning centrists isn't working.  Maybe this could work around into being a positive?  But I doubt it.

--The EC is still a joke

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Alright, first off, I apologize for being completely unstable last night.  I should be glad I didn't do any drinking...

Anyway, let me sum up my thoughts as of now:

POSITIVES:

--As of now, if looks like mail-in and early voting will give Biden the votes he needs to pull off the win from behind.  And Trump getting booted from the WH is a much, MUCH needed victory, especially with how 2020 has gone.

--There is still a chance that the Senate would be split 50/50.  Assuming Biden wins, while this means the Dems won't get the majority like we hoped, it would at least give them the tiebreaker, so maybe they can get some shit done.

NEGATIVES:

--This was nowhere near the landslide that we were hoping for, which would have been a rebuke on Trumpism.  Which means that for the foreseeable future, the GOP is going to triple down on it.  That does not bode well for 2022 and 2024...

--If this doesn't demonstrate how big of a failure the Dem leadership is, nothing will.  Pelosi, Schumer, and the like need to step down, as their current strategy trying to cater to left-leaning centrists isn't working.  Maybe this could work around into being a positive?  But I doubt it.

--The EC is still a joke

Here's another negative: polling has been rendered completely obsolete. 

2 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

And one more:

Even if Trump ends up losing, he would still being in the WH for two and a half more months.  I dread to think what kind of crazy shit he'll do between then and now...

Those paintings and other priceless works of art won't steal themselves by January 20th.