Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

29 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Lincoln Project are bad people...but damn, whoever they are contracting for their ads are the best in the world:

Brilliant.

Are they broadcasting these everywhere or just in DC just so Trump can see them?

Judge says injunction applies to Trump's niece but not publisher with regard to tell-all book

Not sure where to post this but I felt it didn’t need its own thread:

A judge ruled Wednesday that Simon & Schuster (S&S), the publisher of President Trump’s niece’s memoir, is not bound by a confidentiality agreement she signed, which the president’s brother Robert has cited to block the book's publication.

Judge Alan Scheinkman of the New York Supreme Court’s appellate division upheld a restraining order against Mary Trump, which she signed as part of the settlement of the president’s father’s estate.

This book might be the only time I ever give money to a Trump.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm calling it, Biden's V.P. pick is gonna be Susan Rice. I just watched her on CNN and she pretty much auditioned for it with an impassioned attack on Trump. I'm rooting for Susan.

She was my first thought when that first short list came out. Better than copmala 

I’m willing to give a very thin benefit of the doubt to those folks that *maybe* Trump showed them the logical conclusion of conservative politics, and that they are genuinely pulling back. It’s as thin as Trump’s skin, but I’ll give it to them. 

18 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

They are like the USSR in WWII to us - a convenient ally.

If the Lincoln Project backers had Pence instead of Trump, they'd be pro-Pence.

They don't like Pence either.

They're also targeting Republicans like Joni Ernst, who is in a competitive Senate election this year.

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm calling it, Biden's V.P. pick is gonna be Susan Rice. I just watched her on CNN and she pretty much auditioned for it with an impassioned attack on Trump. I'm rooting for Susan.

Ill take anyone as long as its not Kamala “prison for you and you and you” Harris. She’s like Oprah, but with Prison instead of cars. 

I don't know if it's truly a straight-up purple state yet (though the polling has been promising), but since it's much tighter currently than the national polling, I figure it's more a, "If Biden wins Texas, he's winning in a lot of other places," swing state.

Kind of like North Carolina/Indiana in 2008. I don't yet see a scenario where he wins Texas but wouldn't also win, say, Virginia and Colorado and Michigan.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

I don't know if it's truly a straight-up purple state yet (though the polling has been promising), but since it's much tighter currently than the national polling, I figure it's more a, "If Biden wins Texas, he's winning in a lot of other places," swing state.

Kind of like North Carolina/Indiana in 2008. I don't yet see a scenario where he wins Texas but wouldn't also win, say, Virginia and Colorado and Michigan.

If he wins Texas then he didn't need Texas, basically. 

18 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I don’t buy it, but Carville seems to think Trump is dropping out if the numbers don’t improve.

While I can’t see Trump doing that, I could also see him doing the “you can’t fire me, I quit” routine.

I can see him dropping out, i can also seem him dropping a nuke, its between those 2 i can't see.

32 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I don’t buy it, but Carville seems to think Trump is dropping out if the numbers don’t improve.

While I can’t see Trump doing that, I could also see him doing the “you can’t fire me, I quit” routine.

Shut the fuck up James. Don't count your chickens

That Russian Project Lincoln ad is so dumb. 

All it's targeting is liberals that bought the "Russia influenced the election" thing hook, line, and sinker. In other words, people that were going to vote for Biden anyway. That won't sway never-Trumpers in vast amounts. 

This is West Wing Brain on full display.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

There's the bigger picture that if Biden carries Texas, that means the Texas House probably went blue for the first time in decades, giving them some limited influence over redistricting.