Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

"New: Black Lives Matter wants to defund police. Joe Biden won't even legalize pot, something backed by 2/3rds of Americans. In a unity task force formed by Biden and Bernie Sanders, Sanders appointees are pushing to change that.

Legalization has been hotly debated among members of the criminal justice task force. Some Biden appointees personally support legalizing pot and have debated putting the policy in the panel’s recommendations to Biden, according to two people familiar with its deliberations."

:pray:

In some cases yes, in some cases no; but I don't think it's crazy to see a greater potential to push the white guy president saving us from trump more than the first black president. 

The first black president was never going to legalize marijuana, for example. 

Biden seems to actually oppose legalization, while Obama was faking his opposition to gay marriage.

But on that note, Biden was the one who announced his support of it first, so I wouldn't be shocked -- though would still be ecstatic -- if he changed the dumb opposition to it.

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Biden seems to actually oppose legalization, while Obama was faking his opposition to gay marriage.

But on that note, Biden was the one who announced his support of it first, so I wouldn't be shocked -- though would still be ecstatic -- if he changed the dumb opposition to it.

Yeah Biden forced Obama's hand on gay marriage. I'm really hopeful he'll come around. 

On 6/26/2020 at 8:29 AM, SaysWho? said:

"New: Black Lives Matter wants to defund police. Joe Biden won't even legalize pot, something backed by 2/3rds of Americans. In a unity task force formed by Biden and Bernie Sanders, Sanders appointees are pushing to change that.

Legalization has been hotly debated among members of the criminal justice task force. Some Biden appointees personally support legalizing pot and have debated putting the policy in the panel’s recommendations to Biden, according to two people familiar with its deliberations."

:pray:

If you watch Fox News, defunding the police is like 50% of their coverage right now. The left wants to remove all police is all they fucking talk about. They even talk about if Biden wins, we won't have police anymore! It's a fucking farce. No mainstream democrats are calling for any of this stuff. Defund the police doesn't mean what it sounds like anyway. But screw all the nuance and subtly. If Biden wins, roving gangs of black men will assault you and there is nothing you can do. This is their current narrative.

6 minutes ago, ort said:

If you watch Fox News, defunding the police is like 50% of their coverage right now. The left wants to remove all police is all they fucking talk about. They even talk about if Biden wins, we won't have police anymore! It's a fucking farce. No mainstream democrats are calling for any of this stuff. Defund the police doesn't mean what it sounds like anyway. But screw all the nuance and subtly. If Biden wins, roving gangs of black men will assault you and there is nothing you can do. This is their current narrative.

Of course it is, but this is to be expected, any dem is a leftist commie even if its Joe fucking Biden, lol, and really should just be ignored.

12 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Of course it is, but this is to be expected, any dem is a leftist commie even if its Joe fucking Biden, lol, and really should just be ignored.

But their side won’t ignore it, and they’ll come out in force against a non-existent threat.  These are crazy people. Humanity has left them.

Trump to accept GOP nomination in Jacksonville on anniversary of KKK's "Ax Handle Saturday" attack

President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that he will accept the Republican Party's nomination this August in Florida. His address to the nation will happen in Jacksonville on the 60th anniversary of a Ku Klux Klan attack in the city known as "Ax Handle Saturday."

On Aug. 27, 1960, a KKK-led mob of hundreds of white people attacked black civil rights protesters holding sit-ins at whites-only lunch counters in the city, chasing them through the streets and beating them with bats and ax handles stashed in Hemming Park.

At the time, the city's mayor — Haydon Burns, a white man — suppressed the story, and the attack was not commemorated until 2001, when a marker was laid in the park. The New York Times characterized it as "one of the darkest days in the city's history."

Intentional, or are there just that many major racist attacks in the South's history that you can't pick a weekend in a city without running over the anniversary of one?

On 6/26/2020 at 9:34 AM, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I'm not buying the hype here until Biden is actually in. He seems personally opposed to it, politics be damned.

I would be very surprised for Biden to flip on cannabis. He wants more evidence regarding its chronic effects on human health. I think it was easier to be for same sex marriage because you didn’t have the risk of more abuse and car crashes and possible long term health issues. 

What’s odd is being for letting states set their own policy without Federal regulation. At this point, Federal legalization seems like the only reasonable option to me if you want to control and regulate the market. The patchwork of state regs is not sufficient in my view. 

2 hours ago, Massdriver said:

I would be very surprised for Biden to flip on cannabis. He wants more evidence regarding its chronic effects on human health. I think it was easier to be for same sex marriage because you didn’t have the risk of more abuse and car crashes and possible long term health issues. 

What’s odd is being for letting states set their own policy without Federal regulation. At this point, Federal legalization seems like the only reasonable option to me if you want to control and regulate the market. The patchwork of state regs is not sufficient in my view. 

I'm still pretty flabbergasted about all the weird carve-outs that get trotted out as seemingly serious policy proposals. Like letting VA doctors recommend medical marijuana if it's legal in the relevant state. The federal government's official stance would be...that it's a super serious big-time federal felony, but that SOME doctors on the federal payroll in SOME states could advise SOME patients to commit a federal felony, dependent on state laws that the feds insist don't actually carry any legal weight? How does anyone tell themselves they're a serious policy person while trotting out such flagrant nonsense?

On top of that, it's frustrating that federal decriminalization seems to be held up primarily, from what I can tell, by it being conflated with the bullshit half-measure known as local/state decriminalization. It's just bad sausage making, the feds just ACTUALLY getting out of the way to let the states do their thing would make way more sense than what we actually have.

Federal decriminalization would give the banks something better than a weird DOJ pinky promise to work with, and it would just overall turn it into a clear 21st Amendment situation where the states can do whatever they want. And I think is where anyone with a pulse sees federal marijuana policy going anyhow that direction anyhow, and literally ANYTHING seems infinitely better the weird legal no man's land that we've instead carved out for marijuana.

And just overall...even just in terms of the spirit of what all these weird policy kludges seem designed to do, it's still more effective to just deschedule it federally so that the states can do as they will on the matter.