Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

4 hours ago, CayceG said:

That Russian Project Lincoln ad is so dumb. 

All it's targeting is liberals that bought the "Russia influenced the election" thing hook, line, and sinker. In other words, people that were going to vote for Biden anyway. That won't sway never-Trumpers in vast amounts. 

This is West Wing Brain on full display.

What part of "These ads are purely designed to troll Trump" are you guys not understanding? George Conway and his cohorts are spending money to get under Trump's skin... I'd rather a bunch of Republicans spend their money using their dirty tactics on one of their own than trying to "help"  the other side. They are great at what they set out to do which is piss off Trump.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

i’m so excited for president jude jeanine pirro

Do you see how much she has to drink with just the responsibility of riling up the really easy to dupe Fox News viewership. 

The country would enter an second unintended prohibition due to all the alcohol that would need to be funneled into the White House with her added responsibilities. 

I don’t understand those who get mad at Lincoln Project ads. Even if they don’t work like some are arguing, why get bothered by them? It’s not like they are helping Trump. The ads are entertaining because Republicans are willing to get their hands dirty in a manner that Democrats are scared of doing.

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

I get what Cayce is saying though. It's just fap fodder for people that were voting for Biden anyway. They aren't trying to sway Republicans at all.

No they aren't. They are purely out to make Trump look like the buffoon he is.

2 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

I don’t understand those who get mad at Lincoln Project ads. Even if they don’t work like some are arguing, why get bothered by them? It’s not like they are helping Trump. The ads are entertaining because Republicans are willing to get their hands dirty in a manner that Democrats are scared of doing.

EXACTLY.

59 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

He's a child.

LOL

ACT FOR AMERICA

Brigitte Tudor, better known as Brigitte Gabriel, founded ACT for America in 2007 at a time when the anti-Muslim movement was beginning to take shape in the United States. While claiming an unlikely 750,000 members and more than 1,000 chapters, the group has undoubtedly grown to become the largest anti-Muslim group in America.

ACT For America

EXTREMIST GROUP INFO:

SPLC DESIGNATED HATE GROUP

Date Founded

Virginia Beach, Virginia

Ideology

Brigitte Gabriel, born Hanan Qahwaji, claims ACT was launched as a response to the 9/11 attacks and “educates citizens and elected officials to impact policy involving national security and defeating terrorism.” ACT has stayed true to its mission by working to advance anti-Muslim legislation at the local and federal level while flooding the American public with hate speech demonizing Muslims.

ACT for America is listed as an anti-Muslim hate group because it pushes wild anti-Muslim conspiracy theories, denigrates American Muslims and deliberately conflates mainstream and radical Islam.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/act-america

10 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What part of "These ads are purely designed to troll Trump" are you guys not understanding? George Conway and his cohorts are spending money to get under Trump's skin... I'd rather a bunch of Republicans spend their money using their dirty tactics on one of their own than trying to "help"  the other side. They are great at what they set out to do which is piss off Trump.

10 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

I can buy that they're designed just to get under Trump's skin, or that they're good burns. 

But it is illustrative of the point that there is no effective opposition in this country's political system. That we're having fun watching Trump get burned, or getting him riled up is just not substantial to any political ends. Spending ad money meaning to help a cause and missing the mark is one thing. Spending money to explicitly piss a specific politician off so never-Trumpers and centrist Dems can get their rocks off is, in my view, worse.

These ads are for entertainment and consumption. They are to perpetuate twitter tantrums. These being the goals and outcomes means that there is ideological rot in our political system and all we can do is dress it up in targeted insults for the superficial reaction of each side. 

The confederate flag ad isn't a burn.

The Jodi Ernst ad isn't a burn.

The Russia one definitely is, but getting under Trump's skin gives the ads earned media coverage. Some of these ads which showcase his limp COVID response, for example, get Trump riled, and the news talks about them by playing the ads and talking about their merits.

Trump earned media coverage like this in 16 and saved a ton of money doing so. This is strategic and gives an ad worth thousands the equivalent of millions in terms of exposure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some people just can’t be happy. If Republicans support Trump then they are knocked for falling in line and not standing for up something. If a Republican speaks out against Trump they are criticized for their past support of conservative ideals and accused of only being against the style of Trump and not the substance.

Look, we live in unusual times and Trump presents an existential threat unlike anything we’ve seen in this lifetime. In a situation as unique as this, the enemy of my enemy is good enough for me.

21 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So Georgia might turn blue?

It definitely appears to be more of a swing state than a red state, especially after 2018s Gov race was within 1.5%.  Dems have been doing better there over time, but Trump seems to have sped up the process by at least a few elections, lol.

30 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Alternative take: he’s a business man that has run the country *exactly* like a business. 

We're all afraid of our futures, we have our benefits cut, production is down, people are getting laid off, different departments are punching each other over Christopher Columbus, profits are sky high. Checks out.

1 hour ago, osxmatt said:

Alternative take: he’s a business man that has run the country *exactly* like a business. 

like who are these rural voters sitting around thinking “you know who really has my best interests at heart? ceo’s!” 

51 minutes ago, stepee said:

like who are these rural voters sitting around thinking “you know who really has my best interests at heart? ceo’s!” 

“I have better houses than them. I’m smarter than them. I make more money than them. I’m the elite.”

It really is one of the most effective pieces of propaganda ever that so many people have internalized the idea that "we need to run the government like a business" is a thing that makes sense and is consistent with your interests if you're an average person. And it ain't just Republicans.

3 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

It really is one of the most effective pieces of propaganda ever that so many people have internalized the idea that "we need to run the government like a business" is a thing that makes sense and is consistent with your interests if you're an average person. And it ain't just Republicans.

That and the analogy of treating the national budget like a household budget. 

Which doesn't even make sense anyway, when the people pushing that line are the same people trying to pass balanced budged amendments to make it impossible for the government to incur any debt at any time. Lol, you think households don't have any debt?