Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Fuck The Lincoln Project.f9r making dumb weight jokes instead of correcting that bullshit statement.

“I know a woman who wasn’t pregnant until she took a pregnancy test. It’s like magic!“

There’s no point to make with his statement other than to make fun of it. Everyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that if we stopped testing the coronavirus isn’t going to magically go away.

14 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

The near entirety of The Lincoln Project's argument with the Dotard is one of form rather than substance. You could be damned sure they would smartly fall into line if a more "civil" GOP president was promulgating similar policies.

To hell with The Lincoln Project.

Right now they're doing a good job of presenting things in a way that encourages Republican-leaning voters to just stay home. The fact that they're doing something good right now doesn't mean we have to love these people forever. 

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

The near entirety of The Lincoln Project's argument with the Dotard is one of form rather than substance. You could be damned sure they would smartly fall into line if a more "civil" GOP president was promulgating similar policies.

Using a lack of substance is the perfect way to argue to Trump’s base. 

If one were to give Donald a modicum of credit, one could assume he’s trying to point to a difference between an increase in raw total of Covid cases, and an increase in the percentage of positive cases. Like we’ve talked about, an increase in total cases with the same positive rate just means more testing being done. 

but he’s not that smart to make that argument. The data doesn’t support that in many states, and even his Press Sec doesn’t know to make this excuse for him, and to instead say “it was a joke”.  

He should be ridiculed in every way possible. Hopefully one or more of those makes rage into a stroke or cry into is Diet Coke. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

If one were to give Donald a modicum of credit, one could assume he’s trying to point to a difference between an increase in raw total of Covid cases, and an increase in the percentage of positive cases. Like we’ve talked about, an increase in total cases with the same positive rate just means more testing being done. 

but he’s not that smart to make that argument. The data doesn’t support that in many states, and even his Press Sec doesn’t know to make this excuse for him, and to instead say “it was a joke”.  

He should be ridiculed in every way possible. Hopefully one or more of those makes rage into a stroke or cry into is Diet Coke. 

Except that's not what's happening. We're STILL not doing enough testing to completely account for the rates of infection we're seeing being simply a matter of increased testing. (If that makes any sense)

6 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

• Thanks 1

I really appreciate how Colbert goes after the "How could you not have known?!" point, because I agree, it's incredibly infuriating how stupid these supposedly informed people were.

Also I'm really tired of "so I just won't vote for either" as if that is some useful strategy or moral high ground.

Joe Biden to accept nomination at mostly virtual Milwaukee convention

Democrats will hold an almost entirely virtual presidential nominating convention in Milwaukee using live broadcasts and online streaming, party officials said Wednesday.

Joe Biden plans to accept the presidential nomination in person during the 17-20 August convention, but it remains to be seen whether there will be a significant in-person audience there to see it. The Democratic National Committee said in a statement that official business, including the votes to nominate Biden and his yet-to-be-named running mate, will take place virtually, with delegates being asked not to travel to Milwaukee.

Carly Fiorina is voting for Biden

Fiorina is not going to keep quiet, write in another candidate, or vote third-party. “I’ve been very clear that I can’t support Donald Trump,” she told me, in an interview that can be heard in full on the latest episode of The Ticket. “And elections are binary choices.” She struggled with the decision, and whether to go public. But she said that this struggle is one Republicans need to have—including those who have rationalized supporting Trump despite their disagreements, because of some of his policies or judicial appointments.

“As citizens, our vote is more than a check on a box. You know, it’s a statement about where we want to go, and I think what we need now actually is real leadership that can unify the country,” she said. “I am encouraged that Joe Biden is a person of humility and empathy and character. I think he’s demonstrated that through his life. And I think we need humility and empathy everywhere in public life right now. And I think character counts.”

Fiorina was a Tea Party Republican and voted for Trump in 2016. So her politics sucks, but I'll take the vote.

On 6/24/2020 at 9:41 AM, legend said:

I really appreciate how Colbert goes after the "How could you not have known?!" point, because I agree, it's incredibly infuriating how stupid these supposedly informed people were.

Also I'm really tired of "so I just won't vote for either" as if that is some useful strategy or moral high ground.

Voting 3rd party seems to be gaining traction, but I doubt it actually turns out to be significantly different than past results.

8 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Voting 3rd party seems to be gaining traction, but I doubt it actually turns out to be significantly different than past results.

Has it? It certainly seems less popular than the 90s or 60s, and they still have no power nationwide. The one libertarian in Congress is only there because he was a Republican who changed parties.