Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

16 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

Speaking of founding fathers - have you all watched Hamilton on Disney Plus yet?  I never had the chance to watch it live in a theater, and I've only ever gotten to listen to the sound track.  I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.   They obviously took a lot of liberties in the story telling, but it was an interesting perspective on some of the founders. 

King George and his super-catchy 1960s Beatles-esque ditty ranting about the US like it’s a lover whose scorned him was a stroke of genius. 

9 hours ago, Jason said:

See: Max Cleland, John Kerry, Kazir Khan, Trump's comments about John McCain, the purple heart recipient who spoke at Trump's impeachment

They care about troops only if they're on their side. They praised McCain until their nominee decided to attack him. Cleland left three limbs in Vietnam. Duckworth left two in Iraq. Tucker used to wear bowties. He's the patriot somehow.

13 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I know this would fit in one of the other covid threads but I think it fits better in here. Schools start after labor day at the latest, and infections and deatha would spike (assuming they even work their way back down from now, hitting teachers, administration, and support staff far harder than students) days before the election, with many people already voting! Do these fucking people not own a goddamn calendar?! This is all assuming, of course, that all these support staff and admin and teachers don't suffer massive job cuts due to budgetary reasons and no support from the feds

Everything trump touches doesn't just die, it becomes instantly polarized, and in this case to the detriment of safe school operation

13 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I know this would fit in one of the other covid threads but I think it fits better in here. Schools start after labor day at the latest, and infections and deatha would spike (assuming they even work their way back down from now, hitting teachers, administration, and support staff far harder than students) days before the election, with many people already voting! Do these fucking people not own a goddamn calendar?! This is all assuming, of course, that all these support staff and admin and teachers don't suffer massive job cuts due to budgetary reasons and no support from the feds

It's right there. If schools don't reopen, parents won't be able to return to work to get money moving in the economy again. Trump is banking on his supporters not taking the rising death toll as serious leading up the elections as long as life looks like it's back to normal. Trump believes his best election chances is contingent on everything going back to normal in the weeks leading up to the elections. It really doesn't matter if everything goes to shit, November 4.

The Republican cycle of governing: defund important American institution. Watch the institution wilt due to lack of funding. Further defund it. Say that due to inefficiency, the institution should be privatized. Reward friendly company. Watch private company provide the same service but at 10 times the price. Enjoy retirement with a cushy sinecure at said private company. 

• Guillotine 1

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-07-08/biden-to-call-for-moderate-approach-to-reviving-u-s-economy?srnd=premium&__twitter_impression=true

With the moderate steps, Biden is betting that he’ll attract Republicans weary of the Trump administration along with independents, while retaining progressive support even without adopting some key plans.

I see that we've learned nothing. 

• Guillotine 3

On 7/7/2020 at 2:02 PM, ort said:

Tucker Carlson is basically a demon from hell put on this planet to spread hate and evil. He's the worst motherfucker imaginable. Just a squirming vile rancid husk of a man. He should go back to his mansion and shove Swanson frozen meals up his ass until he dies.

I would put Michael Savage in the same category and just hearing his voice ticks me off.

I realize that the specific case decided in Mazars didn't start at the beginning of Trump's term, but it's still kind of crazy to me that Trump was able to withhold his tax returns for his entire term, even with most courts, and now SCOTUS, ruling against him.

It seems like using the courts to delay things is Trump's one real skill.