Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Do you include Home Improvement in the group of 90s family sitcoms? Because it was amazing and your statement is shit and you should poke yourself with a fork!

Nah, it doesn't fall into the, "Obvious moral, strings play, crowd goes aww and then applauds," trap. HI is okay. "The Look" is the highlight for me.

25 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Sitcoms that have withstood the test of time: Three's Company, Seinfeld, The Office.

Sitcoms that I remember fondly but are probably actually trash in retrospect: Alf, Family Matters, That 70's show, probably a dozen others.

My man.

Frasier stands the test of time as well. NBC must have been masturbating furiously to having both Seinfeld and Frasier air on their network.

I used to love Married with Children and thought it was the best show ever because everyone cheered when a character entered the room, so that MUST mean those characters are the best. But the few episodes I've seen since seemed not that great? Maybe I'm catching all the bad episodes, or maybe it's another in a long line of things I watched back in the day that I didn't realize wasn't that great. 

I enjoyed some Office episodes but I still don't get why it's as popular as it is. Not really bothered by it, but it wasn't that funny, and then it got REALLY not funny when Michael left.

Well I would like to throw NewsRadio into the mix of great sitcoms. It took a hit after Phil died, but it is still one of my all time favs. Plus Jimmy James was/is probably my favourite boss on tv. Plus Trump took a lot of his ideas and like always, tried to pass it off as his own.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Well I would like to throw NewsRadio into the mix of great sitcoms. It took a hit after Phil died, but it is still one of my all time favs. Plus Jimmy James was/is probably my favourite boss on tv. Plus Trump took a lot of his ideas and like always, tried to pass it off as his own.

The episode where the AC is broken so they all are having weird daydreams is so good.

Though I still don't understand the ending when Jimmy is looking at that globe with presumably the whole station in there.

5 minutes ago, Chris- said:

The Office is actually really good, the only thing that sucks about it is it has the ‘Michael Bluth Problem’ (in which people actually idolize Jim rather than acknowledge that he is as dysfunctional as everyone else). 

Jim is a straight up bully.  He's one of the biggest assholes in the show. 

28 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

My man.

Frasier stands the test of time as well. NBC must have been masturbating furiously to having both Seinfeld and Frasier air on their network.

I used to love Married with Children and thought it was the best show ever because everyone cheered when a character entered the room, so that MUST mean those characters are the best. But the few episodes I've seen since seemed not that great? Maybe I'm catching all the bad episodes, or maybe it's another in a long line of things I watched back in the day that I didn't realize wasn't that great. 

I enjoyed some Office episodes but I still don't get why it's as popular as it is. Not really bothered by it, but it wasn't that funny, and then it got REALLY not funny when Michael left.

On Married with Children, I think it's probably that the dynamic between Al and Peggy is a such a dated TV stereotype about married life that it winds up dragging down the rest of the show to modern eyes. Plus some other male/female dynamics stuff in the show. You don't really get jokes along the lines of men wanting to drink beer watching TV while women just want to shops for shoes any more, or dysfunctional loveless sexless marriages, at least not nearly to the extent to which I recall Married with Children leaning on that kind of stuff as a source of humor. 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

On Married with Children, I think it's probably that the dynamic between Al and Peggy is a such a dated TV stereotype about married life that it winds up dragging down the rest of the show to modern eyes. Plus some other male/female dynamics stuff in the show. You don't really get jokes along the lines of men wanting to drink beer watching TV while women just want to shops for shoes any more, or dysfunctional loveless sexless marriages, at least not nearly to the extent to which I recall Married with Children leaning on that kind of stuff as a source of humor. 

Basically how I feel about it. I haven’t watched an episode in years, but from what I recall, I wouldn’t find it very funny today. 

I don’t really watch sitcoms, outside of The Golden Girls. I do still have a fondness for Boy Meets World. I loved Full House as a kid, but it’s just painfully corny now. 

I never understood the appeal of Friends or Seinfeld. Meh. 

And fuck the haters, I love The Office. One of the handful of shows I’ve watched twice. 

7 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Family Matters was a great show both because of and in spite of its most memorable character. 

It's like the Nicholas Cage of tv shows. 

You could make the case for this being true of The Rock, but Con-Air, Gone in 60 seconds, Raising Arizona, Adaptation, and Face Off are undeniably better films because Nic Cage is in them. Not in spite of him being in them. 

recap cage GIF