Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

2 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

So there are reports Trump will announce his 2024 run during Biden’s inauguration.

Question: do you think his appeal will last long enough to get to the primaries or will the Republicans want someone else?  I mean, he’s popular, but he also lost a winnable election...

I don't think Trump every actually wanted to win the Primary, let alone the Election. He stumbled into connecting with people and we're here now.

I think if he 'runs' again, it'll just be so he can continue to raise money, line his own pockets, pay for his legal fees, and continue to have a podium to spew garbage.

I'd be surprised if by the time votes actually start being cast, he'd still be in the race. He'll find an excuse to not be in it, as he doesn't actually want the job, and he'll never put himself in a position to lose again. Lose one time, he can claim its rigged, lose again, and it's harder to keep saying that.

26 minutes ago, Gavin King said:

I don't think Trump every actually wanted to win the Primary, let alone the Election. He stumbled into connecting with people and we're here now.

I think if he 'runs' again, it'll just be so he can continue to raise money, line his own pockets, pay for his legal fees, and continue to have a podium to spew garbage.

I'd be surprised if by the time votes actually start being cast, he'd still be in the race. He'll find an excuse to not be in it, as he doesn't actually want the job, and he'll never put himself in a position to lose again. Lose one time, he can claim its rigged, lose again, and it's harder to keep saying that.

Trump won't run for anything again, but he'll ALWAYS be campaigning for a future election that he doesn't actually enter. With even Deutsche Bank cutting ties, he needs to raise funds another way and what better way than to grift voters.

It'll be a real shame to see conservatives donating their money to his future imaginary campaigns instead of Republicans running for real offices.

41 minutes ago, Gavin King said:

That’s one read.  But another is that for a pathologically narcissistic egomaniac, there is no greater drug than power, and there are few positions more powerful than president of the United States.

So it could be that he’s like a crack addict chasing a fix, in which case he’ll pull out all the stops to get back into power, consequences be damned.  Certainly his current court escapades fit that narrative.

On the other hand, as others have said, his narcissism might make him averse to putting himself in a situation where his ego can be hurt, in which case your prediction would be more likely to play out.

2 hours ago, Gavin King said:

I agree that Trump didn't especially want to win the first time around but I don't think it'd be possible to overstate how badly he wanted to win reelection. Being generally immune to prosecution and being able to have the DOJ act as a human shield has been incredibly lucrative for him.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I agree that Trump didn't especially want to win the first time around but I don't think it'd be possible to overstate how badly he wanted to win reelection. Being generally immune to prosecution and being able to have the DOJ act as a human shield has been incredibly lucrative for him.

yeah, this has been my take too. He may not have wanted the job originally, but after seeing what he could get away with, what he’s immune to, and he still got to be on Tv and talking to big crowds. He realized it was his grifter dream job. 

I love TikTok sm.

aa7d13b08b904f719c2a35e56174a207_1606694
VM.TIKTOK.COM

#runoff #georgia #georgiasenate #georgiasenaterunoff #jonossoff #raphaelwarnock #maga #biden2020 #staceyabrams #election2020 #election #voteblue #vote