Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I guess I didn't watch that? I don't watch the whole show, just select clips after they've been uploaded.

Same for me. I don't have cable TV anymore, so it's just chips from YouTube for me. I mean, they basically put up the entire episode along with some web only sketches with a few hours of airing.

3 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

The Chappelle episode on the Saturday after the election was the first time I'd watched SNL all the way through in a long time and it was just absolute cringe the entire way through. The show is just coasting on everyone's nostalgia for whatever seasons they grew up on at this point, which is why there's like 3 former cast members in every sketch now. It's not good.

Whaaa?

That was actually a good episode, and the 2016 season was good overall. 

trump-world-fire.jpg
THEBULWARK.COM

It’s hard for Republicans to think straight these days. Stop the count, no, wait—do a recount. Elections are rigged and fraudulent. But the January 5 Georgia runoff will be legit, so GOP voters need to psyche up and turn out. It’s all so confusing. And in their confusion, Republicans seem not to have noticed the […]

19 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Alright, so the 14th is the day the election must be certified by all states, correct?  What happens after that?

I believe the short version is that electors vote on the 14th and then Congress confirms them sometime in January.

At both stages Republicans are likely to raise a stink and grandstand, but the chances that something could actually happen is even lower than with the state certifications. 

I am not sure about the exact day for each state certification but yeah, obviously they all need to do it prior to the 14th. And I am pretty sure every state that is "disputed" has already certified.

• Thanks 1

This:

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

President-elect Joe Biden named Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti as one of five co-chairs for his upcoming inauguration.

Comes one day after this:

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

Black Lives Matter Los Angeles has been organizing protests outside Mayor Eric Garcetti's residence for almost two weeks, and until Sunday had gathered without incident.

55 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

If anything this election has shown the American public just how convoluted and unnecessarily fucked the United States' electoral system is for the Presidency. 

But it'll never change unless Democrats are in complete power as we all know Republicans still like to pretend we rely upon horse-and-buggy to distribute information about our politicians running for office. 

1 minute ago, vaxick said:

But it'll never change unless Democrats are in complete power as we all know no Republicans still like to pretend we rely upon horse-and-buggy to distribute information about our politicians running for office. 

It'll never change because at this point the US is basically a cargo cult society when it comes to our current form of government.

37 minutes ago, Jason said:
FCHA7NRXNEI6XFUZADJRD4J5FU.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The outreach reflects a broadening pressure campaign by the president and his allies to try to subvert the 2020 election result.

IMO this open pressuring of officials to try and help him gain an advantage in the postelection litigation is the most fucked up part of all this.

Like, you wanna run a clown show of lawsuits through the courts, whatever, go ahead--it makes us look dumb, and it's not an efficient way to run a democracy, but at least you're using legal tools.

This is pretty much just the open subversion of the rule of law, and it's being done pretty much with impunity.  I'm glad it hasn't worked so far and at least some of our institutions seem to be holding up.

15 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I do not like that man Ted Cruz
I do not like his far-right views

I do not like his stupid chin
I do not like his smarmy grin

I do not like him with a beard
I do not like him freshly sheared

I do not like Ted Cruz at all
That man Ted Cruz can suck my balls

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Man?

Screen_Shot_2016-03-25_at_4.15.02_PM_dnp
WWW.TEDCRUZFORHUMANPRESIDENT.COM

100% Human Candidate

14 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

lmao

15 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Last Week Tonight, right?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I've said this before, maybe even on this board, but given what the Biden administration is up against, Trump has to be at least a slight favorite in 2024. And, if he's running against Kamala, he's probably a clear favorite.