PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

5 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Any 4K feeds out for trailers yet?

Check the individual youtube trailers. I watched R&C in 4k.

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I thought the disc drive looked conspicuously small on the system.

Aren't SSD's typically smaller than regular HDD's? What the hell is taking up so much space in there considering how compact they got the PS4 at launch....

Cooling system is most likely the culprit. 

14 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

The XBX is, what, like 1cm taller than the PS4 Pro on its side. No idea why that first tweet was trying to figure it out when we already know the XBX's dimensions. The PS4 is really wide. Sony is really taking advantage of the 17" they get.

On 10/10/2019 at 6:03 AM, SaysWho? said:

Already confirmed, as well as PSVR BC.

I'm going to transition to buying 4K discs for movies I want, so I'm doubly happy discs remain.

It’s almost like you prefer the ability to actually own the movie and not have it linked to a service you may or may not have in the future... what’s that Billy, you want to borrow my copy of John wick 6?sure it’s in the ps5!

17 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

It’s almost like you prefer the ability to actually own the movie and not have it linked to a service you may or may not have in the future... what’s that Billy, you want to borrow my copy of John wick 6?sure it’s in the ps5!

I mean....most streaming services come with a few profiles or you could give someone you trust access to your account. And with movies anywhere you automatically get a copy across every linked service. 

back when DVD was the rage, I amassed a ridiculous collection.  I’m lucky if i could get .25-.50 each for em now.  Never again. 

i found a message board where people sell the 4K digital codes from their physical copy. I usually pay 6-10 for a new release. YES, physical looks slightly better but not at 3x the cost. 

On one hand i really dislike the ps5 design. Looks like wit the curved sides you can’t lay it flat at all. 

On the other hand, since the series x seems to prefer vertical as well, i might be able to remove a shelf in my tv console and just stand both next to each other. 

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Is there a text list of release years for what was shown? Trying to figure out what’s going to be available during “launch window”

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - "Holiday 2020"

DEATHLOOP - "Holiday 2020"

NBA 2K21 - Autumn 2020

BugSnax - "Holiday 2020"

Jett: The Far Shore - "Holiday 2020"

Hitman 3 - January 2021

Everything else didn't provide a release date or is later in 2021 or 2022.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, atom631 said:

On one hand i really dislike the ps5 design. Looks like wit the curved sides you can’t lay it flat at all. 

On the other hand, since the series x seems to prefer vertical as well, i might be able to remove a shelf in my tv console and just stand both next to each other. 

It really is amazing how full of shit some of these Youtubers are when talking about the aesthetics of the consoles. Last month it was "Oh I really like the simplistic, low key approach of the Xbox Series X. Because let's be honest, you want to play the games right, you're not gonna sit and stare at the console all day, it's meant to blend in with your other devices."

Same Youtubers after PS5 reveal: "OMG it's so sleek and futuristic and sexy! This is a box I can show off on my entertainment center! It looks so cool! It's not like the Series X that was boring and uninspired."

Honestly I don't think I've ever given two shits what the consoles looked like, ever. I'm looking at my shelf right now of all my old consoles and they're all pretty ridiculous looking. The only thing I think when I look at that PS5 is "I'm gonna have to find a way to clean that f'ing thing."

Spider-Man: Miles Morales (weird name) didn't look that much better than the first game. I wonder if it started as a PS4 game, but then they decided to just make it a launch title for PS5. Would make sense why the first game was used to show off how quickly the PS5 load times are. If it's basically running the same game engine, this game will load super quick too.

Its rare that I want something so badly but really can't stand the look of it.  Maybe the white part of the case will remove easy enough to paint it?  Probably not worth voiding the warranty.  Need to see how their cooling system will hold up.  Imagine a red ring of death scenario happening...giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, Brick said:

Spider-Man: Miles Morales (weird name) didn't look that much better than the first game. I wonder if it started as a PS4 game, but then they decided to just make it a launch title for PS5. Would make sense why the first game was used to show off how quickly the PS5 load times are. If it's basically running the same game engine, this game will load super quick too.

Spider-Man didn’t come out that long ago lol. I think it’d be unreasonable to expect it to look that much better for a launch title. 

I couldn't watch it real time so here's my thoughts while watching it. I got a couple of mentions but disappointed no mention from @SaysWho? about the new Horizon :shameonyou:

First I called this:

On 5/27/2020 at 7:30 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

It has to match the ugliness of the controller. Expect to bleach your eyes after the event.

My thoughts:

Every game is Control or Outer Wilds now. (Looking at you bethesda game, Ratchet and Clank and Returnal)

Gran Turismo 7 - I wish that @SaysWho? could notice the gorgeous skybox in this game!

Ratchet is trans now

Finally Sackboy gets his own game!

Kena looked cool (it appears other people share this opinion as well)

Godfall more like Mehfall

Sweaty Zion, only possible on PS5

Demon Souls!

I wasn't so hyped for the new Horizon till I saw Lance Reddick was in it then I was on board.

Overall some good reveals, pretty boring show, I thought to myself, "This has to be over soon right?" and looked and only 20 minutes had passed. :|

Sometimes Sony can really get up their dick with the presentation and that's what this was.

You obviously have to go with the discless version of this because that drive really throws off the symmetry.

46 minutes ago, johnny said:

I think it’s going to be something like Uncharted The Lost Legacy

If that's the case then I'm definitely on board (I mean I'm on board anyway, but if it's like TLL where it's bigger than an expansion that will be much preferred).

Apart from Horizon, I didn't really see any games that felt like any kind of step up from what we're seeing now on the PS4 (I know, from a technical level that won't be true, but for an informed person, nothing wowed me). I'm not going to buy a PS5, probably until next August at the earliest, but the reveal didn't really change how I felt about that and it seems my next purchase, when they're back in stock at a reasonable cost, will still be a Switch 

1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

Apart from Horizon, I didn't really see any games that felt like any kind of step up from what we're seeing now on the PS4 (I know, from a technical level that won't be true, but for an informed person, nothing wowed me). I'm not going to buy a PS5, probably until next August at the earliest, but the reveal didn't really change how I felt about that and it seems my next purchase, when they're back in stock at a reasonable cost, will still be a Switch 

I'm not into the Ratchet & Clank series but how were you not impressed by that trailer?

I REALLY like the look of the digital edition console but I'm super disappointed that none of these games were noted as playable on PSVR... feels like a Vita situation all over again </3

5 hours ago, Brick said:

If that's the case then I'm definitely on board (I mean I'm on board anyway, but if it's like TLL where it's bigger than an expansion that will be much preferred).

Lost Legacy was really its own game, around the length of the PS3 ones, and arguably with the best action set piece of any of the games.

1 hour ago, DPCyric said:

I'm not into the Ratchet & Clank series but how were you not impressed by that trailer?

I REALLY like the look of the digital edition console but I'm super disappointed that none of these games were noted as playable on PSVR... feels like a Vita situation all over again </3

Yo, Vita was gone after a year. PSVR's been going strong for nearly four years with a huge Iron Man game slated for release soon after Blood & Truth earlier this year.

That too, my mistake. 

Astro Boy is more than likely PSVR