PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

4 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I love how every new console generation people forget that there are never very many games in the first 6 months. Yet they still manage to get themselves all riled every time lol. 

I love the look of the console. I’m over the generic black boxes just designed to look like your cable box. Give me something new and interesting to look at. Plus I’m a sucker for accent lights. 

Same I like the look. It's different and unique.

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

Not sure how much more people expected Sony to show? They only have so many first party studios to make exclusives. 

psh they that TLoU 4, UC 8, Bloodborne 3, etc.  should be like moves and annouce shit 8 years in advance no matter which console its on :p 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Not sure how many more games people expected Sony to show? They only have so many first party studios to make exclusives. Their exclusives line-up is pretty solid.

Apparently rumors started to swirl that Sony was going to money hat a bunch of 3rd party 1 year exclusives including a possible FF16 tease. 

We did get GT7, some new Spider Man, Rachet, Demons Souls, and HZD2 so we got everything you could have reasonably expected, but not a lot more. 

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

So, some parts of LBP looked like 2.5D and some looked full 3D. I wonder if it'll have fully buildable 3D worlds.

Since they didn't call it LBP, I'm wondering if it will have creation stuff at all, or if it's just a straight-up platformer. 

5 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Apparently rumors started to swirl that Sony was going to money hat a bunch of 3rd party 1 year exclusives including a possible FF16 tease. 

We did get GT7, some new Spider Man, Rachet, Demons Souls, and HZD2 so we got everything you could have reasonably expected, but not a lot more. 

Timed exclusives don't mean a lot since I can wait until a game comes to PC if it's just timed. Doesn't entice me to buy a PS5 more - the only reason to buy one would be to play games I can't play on PC, true exclusives. Otherwise, at this point if you're a big gamer it just makes more sense to invest in an expensive PC tower and hook it up to your TV than to keep buying console upgrades every 5 years since you can get almost any game these days, whether it's on PS4, Switch, and Xbox One on PC, but not as much the other way around. 

So I'm only in it for true exclusives, and if Sony continues to do a Sony Game Pass-type thing and moves their first party games to PC as well, then even less reason to have a PS5. 

25 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I'll 7.9'd this show. Before the Demons Souls remake I was thinking about how this was doing nothing to convince me to pre order it. GT7 and Ratchet are nice, but nothing mind blowing. HZ2 is cool and I enjoyed the first one, but it's also massively overrated at this point but I have no doubt the second will be a solid good time. Re8 just looked too weird for me. 

Digital edition saves me $50 so it's only $449 for me suckas if I get it day one. It's also Fugly AF and then is white to standout with it's ugliness. Just give me an ugly black box that will blend it with all the other black boxes in my black entertainment center. 

If Ratchet and Demons Souls are launch titles then I'lll be there day 1. If those are next year I'm not so sure.

I disagree with all of your opinions and thus have judged you as a bad person

I think people are being too harsh with the look. Like I said before, I think the digital version looks fine.....

hv7xAYATXmA4tmQjXvNyBb.png

Actually has a bit of a 360 look to it.

My problems with the design is that I would prefer it be all one color, and trying to get too fancy with the design means it's probably only really going to look good from the one angle. We've already seen some very unflattering side shots.

• Guillotine 1

50 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

My guesses from before the show about PS5 exclusives was pretty on point; bolded ones were ones that did not end up being announced but are very likely happening.

-Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital)

-God of War 2 (Santa Monica Studio)

-MLB The Show 21 (San Diego Studio)

-Horizon Zero Dawn 2 (Guerilla Games)

-Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (Insomniac Games)

-Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Insomniac Games)

-Everybody's Golf 2 (Clap Hanz)

-Japan Studio - Demon's Souls remaster/remake with Bluepoint Games. I couldn't tell if they are helping with any of the other games announced

-Bend Studio - ?????

-London Studio - ?????

-Pixelopus - ?????

-Housemarque - I knew they would announce something, turned out to be Recturnal

And I believe Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, and Media Molecule did not announce anything as expected. I'm definitely in for this lineup of exclusives. 

MLB The Show isn't exclusive to PS anymore.

First let me preface this with the fact that I am definitely buying a PS5 (and likely not a Series X because the exclusives will likely be on PC)... 

For all the flack MS got for showing off games that look just like current gen, Sony basically should be getting the same criticism here. A couple of games are must gets for me (Horizon and Spider Man). Athia looked like it had the best graphics. Still none of them came close to the Unreal Engine 5 demo. I think we'll be mid-cycle before we get games like that.

2 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I think people are being too harsh with the look. Like I said before, I think the digital version looks fine.....

My problems with the design is that I would prefer it be all one color, and trying to get too fancy with the design means it's probably only really going to look good from the one angle. We've already seen some very unflattering side shots.

It looks like a Storm Trooper modem. 

That said, when I buy one, it will be locked away in my TV stand, and I'll never have to see it.

I like the way it looks. That’s way better than another boring black box. And after a couple weeks of having a console, does anybody really ever even think about how it looks? It also can go horizontal so it doesn’t have to be vertical. 

there wasn’t a lot of 2020 releases because 2020 for the ps5 is going to be like 2 months max and they’re not going to drop a ton of games all at once. 

saw some dope ass games and some others that look interesting. Only one that was really weird to me was that dinosaurs high school one. 

4 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

My problem is this

EaQ2W7iU4AA0Ym4?format=jpg&name=medium

The damn thing cant even sit horizontal without a stand, its just not a good design.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dexterryu said:

First let me preface this with the fact that I am definitely buying a PS5 (and likely not a Series X because the exclusives will likely be on PC)... 

For all the flack MS got for showing off games that look just like current gen, Sony basically should be getting the same criticism here. A couple of games are must gets for me (Horizon and Spider Man). Athia looked like it had the best graphics. Still none of them came close to the Unreal Engine 5 demo. I think we'll be mid-cycle before we get games like that.

Given the amount of compression on my stream, it was hard for me to judge.  I'll agree with you on Athia.

However, if you want to show off your next-gen console, you need, IMHO to have a lot of AAA 3rd party games.  And those were notably absent.  Nothing from Activision, EA or Ubi.