PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

My guesses from before the show about PS5 exclusives was pretty on point; bolded ones were ones that did not end up being announced but are very likely happening.

-Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital)

-God of War 2 (Santa Monica Studio)

-MLB The Show 21 (San Diego Studio)

-Horizon Forbidden West (Guerilla Games)

-Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games)

-Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Insomniac Games)

-Sackboy: A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital)

-Everybody's Golf 2 (Clap Hanz)

-Japan Studio - Demon's Souls remaster/remake with Bluepoint Games. I couldn't tell if they are helping with any of the other games announced

-Bend Studio - ?????

-London Studio - ?????

-Pixelopus - ?????

-Housemarque - I knew they would announce something, turned out to be Recturnal

And I believe Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, and Media Molecule did not announce anything as expected. I'm definitely in for this lineup of exclusives. 

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Except for no pricing or release date :p 

Oh, i don't expect to see pricing until the end of the Summer, I'm just happy they showed the damn thing! Hell, I don't even like the look, but hey, it what I'm buying, price be damned! 

1 minute ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I came in at the Ratchet & Clank reveal... what came before that?

GTAV

Spiderman Miles Morales -2020

Gran Turismo 7

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Project Athia

Stray – 2021

Returnal

Sackboy: A big adventure

Destruction Allstars

Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Goodbye Volcano High – 2021

Oddworld: Soulstorm

Ghostwire: Tokyo

The Far Shore – 2020

Godfall

Solar Ash

Htiman III - Jan 2021

Astro’s Playroom

Little Devil Inside

NBA 2k21 – Fall 2020

Bugsnax – Holiday 2020

Demon’s Souls

Deathloop

Resident Evil 8: Village

Pragmata -2022

Horizon 2: Forbidden West

Too many platformers announced

Very few third party reveals was a disappointment

Console looks ugly

Too many dystopian games about humans being dead/earth dying, etc...

A lot of games looked very independent/pedestrian - like Sony hired a bunch of small studios to create $20 games that will be released as major titles

Odd game choicess being re-released that Sony revealed here (GTA, Demon's Souls)

Odd IP choices being dug up for new releases (Oddworld, Ratchet, etc)

Did I mention the ugly console?

IGN analysis nutting all over the conference makes me hate this console more, lol

I love how every new console generation people forget that there are never very many games in the first 6 months. Yet they still manage to get themselves all riled every time lol. 

I love the look of the console. I’m over the generic black boxes just designed to look like your cable box. Give me something new and interesting to look at. Plus I’m a sucker for accent lights. 

• Like 1

I liked what I saw, but I guess I am looking at it with different expectations than some. The second they confirmed it wouldn't have universal backwards compatibility it became more of a year 2 or 3 purchase for me rather than anywhere near launch. 

So it's more of a "oh that will be cool to play some day" for me rather than "oh, that's worth paying 400-500 dollars to play!"

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Yes.

An option to consider....

Spoiler

206723.gif

I'll 7.9'd this show. Before the Demons Souls remake I was thinking about how this was doing nothing to convince me to pre order it. GT7 and Ratchet are nice, but nothing mind blowing. HZ2 is cool and I enjoyed the first one, but it's also massively overrated at this point but I have no doubt the second will be a solid good time. Re8 just looked too weird for me. 

Digital edition saves me $50 so it's only $449 for me suckas if I get it day one. It's also Fugly AF and then is white to standout with it's ugliness. Just give me an ugly black box that will blend it with all the other black boxes in my black entertainment center. 

If Ratchet and Demons Souls are launch titles then I'lll be there day 1. If those are next year I'm not so sure.