What are you playing today?

I've mentioned that I've been having some carpal tunnel issues, so I've barely picked up a controller in months. I can peck at an iPad alright though, so I've been playing a ton of Hearthstone, and I started Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition. I've always been intrigued by this subgenre of RPG, but I usually bounce off of them pretty quickly. I'm digging this one so far, and it seems like a good fit for iPad. I tried the Bauldur's Gate EE a while ago, but it felt kinda clunky by comparison. 

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I ALWAYS thought Uncharted 2 was overhyped especially considering how lukewarm folks were to the first game. I enjoy the series and have played them all except for Lost Legacy and just finished The fourth game this month but I have generally felt that the series is pretty overrated. The Tomb Raider reboot games does everything this series does better. Also while Uncharted 2 may be fairly polished, the jank returns in the third and fourth games with the third being the jankiest of the bunch. 

Good to know.  I'll probably finish out 2 and take a small break.

One thing I will say, it's very nice comfort food to have during all the paranoia today.  They literally give you hints if you aren't looking in the right direction.  And I get a Time Crisis feel from some of the gunplay now in 2.  Just point and shoot, bob in and out of cover, follow the path, enjoy the ride.

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

yesterday I finally installed and tried Days Gone..only played a few minutes...motorcycle controls SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Initially, yes.  Once you get a feel for the handling and get a few upgrades, it feels a lot better.

One of the biggest problems with Days Gone is that they set you back too far in the beginning.  But it's made up somewhat by the skill tree being really smartly designed.  Skill points are always exciting to get.

7 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Initially, yes.  Once you get a feel for the handling and get a few upgrades, it feels a lot better.

One of the biggest problems with Days Gone is that they set you back too far in the beginning.  But it's made up somewhat by the skill tree being really smartly designed.  Skill points are always exciting to get.

that is good to hear

Still tinkering around with Breath of the Wild now and then. I haven't gone in to Hyrule Castle pretty much at all... I'm still just having too much fun exploring, and I heard that once you beat Ganon you're not allowed to explore anymore so I've been putting off that final boss battle.

I'm well over 100 hours into my first play through and finally finished all of the shrines, but have probably hundreds of korok seeds to go. :daydream: 

Animal Crossing—

Day One: The Nook Miles system is enough to drag u to try and meet the next milestone.. the way the content and island seem to be opening up seems to promise fresh “significant” milestones at a healthy pace

I honestly just want to make pro dedigns so i can remake my soccer jerseys.,

streetpass from New Leaf will be missed

biggest disappointment so far is Shari is a neighbor AGAIN!!

Continuing my RE2 updates. By the looks of things, I'm close to the end of Leon's campaign and will try and finish it off tomorrow. It's been fun getting back into playing some games after not really touching anything for a few months. Hopefully then at least I can write about something a bit more diverse. 

UPDATE: On the very final boss and I died a good 5 times. So I'm going for my usual tactic of leaving it for the night, trying tomorrow and expecting to do it first time. I did actually play some Metroid Prime today just to see where I was (literally outside of the room with the Ice Beam) so I may see how that goes. I'm quite tempted to have a look at the games that I have a few hours left in and use a guide and polish them off...although Dark Souls comes into that list and I don't know if I have the patience...but you never know. 

4 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I was talking to a guy at work about games and he asked me if I heard about The Witcher. I told him I hadn't played it much but I have it on my Steam account. He kept arguing that it isn't available on Steam but i remember having both 1&2 on Steam? @SFLUFAN am I remembering wrong?

Not only is it available on Steam, but they're all on sale today :p

Finished RE2. I'm aware there's another ending, but by the looks of the sneak-peak it's the actual ending from the original, so I'm not overly fussed about it right now. That said, great game and if it wasn't for Mr X, would be my favourite RE game. 

I think I'm going to play What Remains of Edith Finch next as I've heard great things, enjoy strong stories (I was a massive fan of Everybody's Gone to the Rapture) and then we'll see...

So I started What Remains of Edith Finch at 6:30 this morning and finished it (after breakfast) at 10am. What a wonderful game. 

UPDATE: So, in order to have 'something' on the go at any time and the fact that I wanted something to play when my wife is playing Two Point Hospital (which has now taken over her life) I've started to play Final Fantasy 4 on the DS. I'm not exactly confident that I will stick with it, but it gives me a handheld option. I'll also start up a new AC:WW game to give me something that I can just play without really thinking. 

Console-wise, I tried Watch Dogs 2 and didn't love the tutorial so I may put that on hold and start Death Stranding. It seems like the kind of game that I can play early in the morning (about 5:30am after I've been running) and play before anyone is up in my house, rather than do extended playthroughs. 

I do really want to see off all the big games from 2019 at some point though (Sekiro -possibly, The Outer Worlds, The Outer Wilds, Fallen Order, Control, possibly Crash Team Racing for some co-op) along with some slightly older games (Spiderman, Tetris Effect, Celeste, Undertale, Crash 'N-sane trilogy, and Spyro)....it's just a shame they all cost money, take time and need commitment. All things I'm putting towards teacher training rather than gaming..

UPDATE 2: So, I've decided on Death Stranding and so far I'm a fan of the Kojima weirdness and unnecessary everything that's going on. .My wife also decided to buy Crash Team Racing and I've been playing that on and off (the idea being we will play against some friends of our online). 

I do have to say, after being pretty good at Mario Kart 7 and 8, it's a step back being shite at this. 

Just to boop this up a bit. So far, I've enjoyed Death Stranding and will take on the advice to power through as quickly as possible until Chapter 4. It definitely satisfied that Kojima itch. I'm also improving at CTR after changing some of the settings, although I need to get better at drifting. I'll keep plugging away at both and see how I go. 

UPDATE: I'm still enjoying Dead Stranding after playing about 6 hours so far. I do appreciate that it's not the perfect game but one thing that is amazing is the audio. I used my headphones whilst my wife was working at home the other day and it sounds phenomenal. Wife has decided to buy Uncharted: Lost Legacy to play through so I'll see when I can get more time in...(although I read more about games, she definitely plays the most out of the two of us).

5 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

I played most of DOOM 2016 but quit because it's just a bunch of boring arena kill rooms. Now I'm playing through Wolfenstein The New Order and it's so much more interesting. 

I really enjoyed playing Doom 2016 in bursts (30 minutes a day) which made the structure of the game really work for me. 

On the subject of shooters, I spent two hours with Titanfall 2 (PS4) last night since I forgot it was a freebie with PS+ and it seems like a great game if you can get the hang of it but it left me feeling really frustrated.

I don't really play modern FPS anymore I think, so many elements are really foreign to me and I think that's just old man yelling at cloud type stuff. For example, I feel like I'm constantly fighting the fact you can't sprint sideways and/or backwards but I think that's just a modern FPS thing? I'll sprint and try to strafe left or ride while doing so and he suddenly stops running and feels like I'm wading through sludge and I get crushed by gunfire.

The weapons all look indistinguishably "modern FPS" to me so I keep spending too much time trying to figure out what's what when picking up a new weapon and the game's focus on speed seems to punish that in hectic gun fights. These games feel like they demand a lot in terms of quick reactions paired with precision aiming and apparently I fucking suck at this, especially on a controller I guess? It took me six or seven runs in the tutorial stage to get anywhere near fluid with the movement and even hit the majority of targets while doing so. Especially once I realized I also had to learn the mech's new weaponry and set of movements, I kind of tapped out in frustration after a few more segments.

The campaign does seem really cool and the focus on parkour seems a lot fun if you can master it. The one thing I will say is that after Doom 2016, the sound design in this is especially good. The guns actually sound like guns and not BB guns under two pillows.

Got a free trial at GameFly so I didn't have to pay money to play Resi 3 Remake and Doom Eternal. Unfortunately they sent out Doom Eternal first because I was too stupid to move RE3 in front of it so I'm stuck with the one I'm quite confident I will hate over the weekend. I'm a dummy.

But, first things first, The Last Door Season 2 will be tonight and I can't wait to start playing. I didn't know the game continued after what I had assumed were the only four episodes. I loved it so I was incredibly happy to find out there's a second part technically.

Another Death Stranding update. 

I'm still genuinely enjoying the game, by the looks of it, about 1/3 of the way through Chapter 3. I've found that a podcast whilst playing the game is a really pleasant experience and the loop still satisfied. I also know it's a cliche of some gaming news sites, but the game is a very good counterpart to the world climate at the moment and the message behind the game is very suiting. It will remain to be seen whether I become bored, but after an hour this evening (and that only stopped because we went to walk the dog), I could easily settle in for a five hour session. That's something that hasn't really happened since I played game like GTA5 or Mass Effect 2, though I do appreciate from a gameplay perspective Death Stranding is not at that level. 

I think I'll need a good change of pace after this and What Remains of Edith Finch so I may try Nioh out, or pick up Spiderman.

EDIT: Actually, as a question to anyone reading (and has played both), which would be the better purchase, Spiderman or Jedi: Fallen Order.