What are you playing today?

Breath of the Wild... past the threshold of where link has become overpowered to all enemies on the map.. kinda loses some of the fun but the environment is still a joy to play through.. might finish the trials of the sword..

Fifa 20... putting in time on the highest difficulty (first time ventured at this level)... i have yet to win more than a couple of matches..  plus the AI still ventures into moments where u know its decided it will score perfect goals no matter what u do

Decided to revisit MegaMan 11 this past weekend. I guess I was in a weird place, maybe burned out when I originally tried it because for whatever reason, I abandoned it. But man, what a gem of little game. After beating most of the main bosses, it's up there with MegaMan 2 for my favorite games of the series.

19 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Damn the last boss in Hollow Knight is tough.  I'm too impatient, haha.

Actually it wasn't too bad.  I just needed a day off, beat them first try today. Referring to the Radiance, of course.

Overall, it's a fantastic game, possibly the best Metroidvania out there.  I can't wait for Silksong now!

I might still return for it at some point to do the Grimm Troupe free DLC.

• 2 weeks later...

After a few weeks of being busy with school, played about 10 minutes of RE2 yesterday. I managed to get the big gun, find more ammo, (yet again) check what I'm supposed to be doing, avoided Mr X and then was killed by a Licker. I blame my wife as she asked me to turn the television down...

So long as I get my lesson planning for tomorrow sorted, I'll give it another go today. 

1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

After a few weeks of being busy with school, played about 10 minutes of RE2 yesterday. I managed to get the big gun, find more ammo, (yet again) check what I'm supposed to be doing, avoided Mr X and then was killed by a Licker. I blame my wife as she asked me to turn the television down...

So long as I get my lesson planning for tomorrow sorted, I'll give it another go today. 

headset would help with that. I use them when I'm playing late at night on my nights off or early in the morning. 

Still playing COD: MW19. Grinding some gold skins in the CQC playlist. I pretty much dislike core and ground war is just awful. I’ve Recently leveled my ax-50 sniper to be fun in CQC. 

i also finally linked my PC to the steam link app on my Apple  TV. I then linked my steam controller to the Apple TV. And I’m now about 1 1/2hrs into The Witcher 1! :dancing:

also - went back to BFV after they reverted the TTK and realized it’s still just BFV and just not that fun to play anymore. I’m really hoping the make some big changes to the next one. 

11 hours ago, Nokt said:

How did you like it? Its one of the better metroidvanias imo (though far from the best). 

I really liked it, definitely not the best but with all the Metroidvanias available these days I have no regrets picking this one to play. Some Metroidvanias drag out too long but it had a good length. It would have been nice if the map used different colors for different areas and either area completion or markers like in the Metroid games so I wouldn't have had to consult online maps to find the rest of the ivory bugs. I'm still not sure if I want to take a chance on Minoria (same developer) but most of the reviews are positive so I'll probably get it in a future sale.

On 6/21/2018 at 4:49 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

God Of War.  Really taken aback by how good the game is and how much I am enjoying it even though I hate Kratos as a character. 

Yea I agree.

That's the game I was playing when the camp fire struck us Nov. 8th thus losing the disc and console etc. I keep thinking that its gonna be a playstation plus game, thus making me not buy it again! I miss it and hopefully will own it yet again!

That said, I'm trucking through Zelda: Breath of the Wild and it's fantastic. The switch was the only piece of electric equipment I didnt lose in that fire. Well the console, lost the base! It's just so great, and unique, and cant stop playing it. I play at least 1 hour a day, and that's alot for me...

11 hours ago, dualhunter said:

I really liked it, definitely not the best but with all the Metroidvanias available these days I have no regrets picking this one to play. Some Metroidvanias drag out too long but it had a good length. It would have been nice if the map used different colors for different areas and either area completion or markers like in the Metroid games so I wouldn't have had to consult online maps to find the rest of the ivory bugs. I'm still not sure if I want to take a chance on Minoria (same developer) but most of the reviews are positive so I'll probably get it in a future sale.

Yeah I've had Minoria in my wishlist for awhile. Just doesn't look quite good enough to pull the trigger on.

After dying an embarassing amount of times, I've finally escaped the police station in RE2 (most deaths came from trying to find all the last bits in the police station and not being careful enough about being trapped by Mr X or the Lickers). It's also been a really nice feeling to sit down with a game for a decent stretch of time (I think I've actually put an hour in today).

Update: A bit more time, I've come to the conclusion that whilst I really like RE2, I'm not very good at it and spend most of my life at caution with a handful of bullets. That said, I've just got past a mini-section with Mr X which is a relief as I just don't enjoy them that much. It does add pressure, but not fun for me. All that said, when I complete it, I'll play another game then complete Claire's scenario and be just as happy/annoyed. 

I'm finally playing Final Fantasy XIII. It was the main reason I got a PS3 but then I ended up not getting the game. I got the Steam version during the last holiday sale. I installed FFXIII fix, turned off cloud saves and disabled the Steam overlay and so far everything is good at 4K60 with no crashes or performance issues. I have to use alt + F4 and then enter to exit the game. Square Enix should have to pay for FFXIII fix before being sent to the :guillotine:but at least game is looking good and running well.

More RE2. I'm 2 items away from getting out of the sewer which will involve going to the very bottom...so I'm sure that will be horrific. I'm really enjoying the game, but it does seem to make design choices that extend the game/difficulty rather than increase the level of fun. 

4 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

More RE2. I'm 2 items away from getting out of the sewer which will involve going to the very bottom...so I'm sure that will be horrific. I'm really enjoying the game, but it does seem to make design choices that extend the game/difficulty rather than increase the level of fun. 

Yeah that's classic RE... NONE of the puzzle elements make much sense :p I'm playing it as well along with Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

Few hours into Uncharted 2 in the collection.  The game holds up as a visual spectacle in the current gen.  But having just come off Uncharted 1... it's more similar than I thought it'd be, given the general negative impressions of the first game.

A lot of the jank is cleaned up.  There's more variety in the environments.  It feels much more directed.  The shooting is slightly better.  But I can't say I'm having a whole lot more fun with it.  Maybe because the rhythm of combat feels largely the same, with a few bells and whistles here and there.  

I have a much higher opinion of Tomb Raider 2013 at the moment.

I ALWAYS thought Uncharted 2 was overhyped especially considering how lukewarm folks were to the first game. I enjoy the series and have played them all except for Lost Legacy and just finished The fourth game this month but I have generally felt that the series is pretty overrated. The Tomb Raider reboot games does everything this series does better. Also while Uncharted 2 may be fairly polished, the jank returns in the third and fourth games with the third being the jankiest of the bunch.