~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

19 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

If this is gonna turn into "Shit Joe Rogan has said" there will be an endless supply of it. This isn't some super secret dirt they are pulling up lol

The noteworthy part is that Spotify seemingly just didn't vet him. 

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

You don't need a company like Spotify to create podcast, right?  You can "self publish" these types of things.  Even if Spotify were to fire Rogan, he would still have the capability of posting his podcasts online for all to listen to. 

He was making millions posting his podcasts on YouTube (the video feed) plus the audio being self published everywhere. However, Spotify lagged behind many of its audio competitors in the podcasting game so they went to their warchest to drop $100m on the biggest name. If they drop him both parties will be fine. Unfortunately Rogan will be incredibly resistant to any forms of cancelling. 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

I wonder if UFC will drop him as a commentator first. 

White stumped for Trump, so I wouldn't count on it.

And I think Rogan has already greatly reduced his UFC appearances by his own choice.

Not sure, at one time I thought he said he was quitting the company entirely, but it seems like he still shows up occasionally.

Don't watch much UFC anymore. Ever since it became almost impossible to keep up with the events if you don't catch it on, like, a dozen different channels.

2 hours ago, Comet said:

He was making millions posting his podcasts on YouTube (the video feed) plus the audio being self published everywhere. However, Spotify lagged behind many of its audio competitors in the podcasting game so they went to their warchest to drop $100m on the biggest name. If they drop him both parties will be fine. Unfortunately Rogan will be incredibly resistant to any forms of cancelling. 

Exactly this, as vile of a human as Rogan is, he isn't going anywhere.  The best you can really hope for is the bigger names guests will no longer agree to do his show anymore knowing what they know now.

On 2/4/2022 at 6:13 PM, Jason said:
newFile-2.jpg?quality=75&width=1200&auto
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, and more have removed their catalogues from the streaming platform

Jon Stewart has been a "bOtH sIdEs" guy for fucking ever and will happily simp for any entertainer saying anything because of some misguided notion that if comedians are called out for something, the sky simply must be falling.

On 2/5/2022 at 2:24 AM, Jason said:

uh...

12jonstewart-facebookJumbo.jpg?year=2019
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

“You should be ashamed of yourselves,” the former “Daily Show” host told lawmakers on Capitol Hill for not funding health care for emergency personnel.

I wonder if Stewart considers this activism, as he clearly feels his position on 9/11 first responders is an apolitical one; he cannot comprehend why anyone would deny them care / compensation (he's right about this, of course).

EDIT - to be clear, this is obviously activism. I should have said I wonder whether he considers this political activism specifically, as I suspect he thinks the issue is or ought to be separate from partisanship.

On 2/5/2022 at 2:24 AM, Jason said:

uh...

12jonstewart-facebookJumbo.jpg?year=2019
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

“You should be ashamed of yourselves,” the former “Daily Show” host told lawmakers on Capitol Hill for not funding health care for emergency personnel.

I mean he's a comedian primarily before he's an activist, so therefore he talks and acts like a comedian would. I think a comedian can participate in activism without being a full blown activist. A real activist doesn't resort to both sides nonsense and avoids saying anything too controversial that would lose fans.

My province just announced that all mandates (mask, etc) will end Feb 28, and that the vaccine passport system will end this Monday (Feb 14). We've already stopped allowing PCR testing and no longer report anything. I'd say we're the Alabama of Canada...but I think even Alabama still allows testing.

EDIT - Oh also, no more isolation requirement if you catch it. Back to work!

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

My province just announced that all mandates (mask, etc) will end Feb 28, and that the vaccine passport system will end this Monday (Feb 14). We've already stopped allowing PCR testing and no longer report anything. I'd say we're the Alabama of Canada...but I think even Alabama still allows testing.

EDIT - Oh also, no more isolation requirement if you catch it. Back to work!

Jesus.

I remember when people were protesting Chic-Fil-A for giving money to anti-gay causes and Stewart basically shrugged on his own show and said he doesn’t understand why there’s protesting.

I also like to reflect upon the time he held a rally in DC with basically no point other than to be against political extremism on both sides. That’s basically his shallow activism in a nutshell.

16 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Jesus.

Our cases and hospitalization appear to have peaked, but we're still at record levels in hospital, and our system is teetering. Staff are quitting, etc. But our fearless premier says it's time to stop "segregating" the unvaccinated. Yes, he used that word...in Black History Month.