~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Teacher friend has covid and is still very symptomatic, coughing nonstop. But it’s been five days and is being forced back to work. 

Who could have possibly foreseen that the modified CDC guidance would be intentionally misinterpreted like this. 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Who could have possibly foreseen that the modified CDC guidance would be intentionally misinterpreted like this. 

Oh and her district just recently pulled back it’s mask mandate for schools despite actual law from the GA because of the executive order of governor blumpkin

All hail mRNA!

220131141753-01-moderna-mrna-hiv-vaccine
WWW.CNN.COM

The first participants have been vaccinated in a Phase 1 clinical trial of an experimental HIV vaccine that utilizes Moderna's mRNA technology, the company announced last week.

The first participants have been vaccinated in a Phase 1 clinical trial of an experimental HIV vaccine that utilizes Moderna's mRNA technology, the company announced last week.

The trial, titled IAVI G002, is being conducted in partnership with IAVI, a nonprofit scientific research organization. It is testing a vaccine that delivers HIV-specific antigens to the body with the goal of inducing an immune response. These antigens were initially developed by researchers at IAVI and Scripps Research, led by Dr. William Schief.

In a "proof-of-concept" trial last year, the research team found the HIV antigens produced the desired immune response in 97% of participants. The current trial builds on the previous one by testing the primary version of the vaccine and also a booster version, and by employing Moderna's mRNA technology, which was previously used to create a successful Covid-19 vaccine.

• Like 5

masked_people.jpg?U5q7xCKzNK8cWBcCrpGPYl
WWW.TVO.ORG

OPINION: Some with low personal risk from the virus feel a high degree of fear — raising questions about how we assess threat.

Interesting POV on some of the different psychologies in the COVID culture war -- the anti-vaxxers and those that are still consumed by fear.

There’s still delusional people who think that we could do zero covid and just lol these people are complete morons. We had three chances to get close to there and passed solidly on them. And given that there are multiple animal species where the virus can transmit back and forth to and from humans we can rest assured that there’s no way out other than vaccination and antivirals. 

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There’s still delusional people who think that we could do zero covid and just lol these people are complete morons. We had three chances to get close to there and passed solidly on them. And given that there are multiple animal species where the virus can transmit back and forth to and from humans we can rest assured that there’s no way out other than vaccination and antivirals. 

Yeah there's a big difference between the "we don't need to do anything to stop COVID" vs the people who are too cautious about it. One is at least rooted in science but has let their own risk assessment/management go askew.

Also...fuck the anti-vaxxers. I don't care if they are 10% of the public or 15%, they should be rightly ignored for the good of society. They can get a free ride while the rest of society chugs along and advances, but they aren't going to hold us back.

13 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

There is lots of evidence that significantly more than 10-15% won't get the booster in Canada.

Right but that's not being anti-vax, that's them deciding that based on the virulence of Omicron and the protection that two doses provide against severe illness, there is little reason for them to get it. It's like agreeing with seatbelts but not putting one on when you pull your car out of the driveway and onto the street. It's dumb, imo, considering the benefits the booster provide (even if initial risk of severe illness is low with two doses), but it's not the same as being anti-vax at all. Heck, look at @sblfilms even here—he's got his kids their shots, but might not get them boosters if there's not enough evidence that it would make a big difference right now for them. Maybe he will change his mind if Omicron boosters come out (or the virus changes, etc), but his current stance doesn't make him anything close to being an anti-vaxxer.

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This fucking guy... it's like stay in your lane dude. You're a weed head frat boy who tells an occasional funny joke not a goddamned epidemiologist. Shut the fuck up.

I always thought he was one of the worst stand-up acts I have ever seen. Like the try hard "edginess" of Sagat without even having the hook of it being contrary to something else he had done in his career.

And I enjoyed him as a UFC commentator, so I was primed to like him, but he was fucking awful.

There is also the issue that initially when boosters were available, in canada, it was a shit show so people gave up early and now just feel like waiting it out.

I personally haven't done my booster yet but that was from me waiting for it to be less of of a mess to get it like it is now (and I will probably go do it soon once I can sort something out with the wife since I probably will end up feeling like shit and that will affect me taking care of my little baby).

-edit-

I also wish the Omicron booster was out sooner so I could just wait to get that and not have to repeat this in 6 months.

27 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You have sent @Kal-El814into a fit of rage by linking to Ben Shapiro’s website. He may never forgive you, and he definitely will never forget 

Oh I will absolutely forget.

13 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The rock is definitely dumb enough to be a swing voter. Was at the 2000(?) GOP convention after all

The Rock's politics are the equivalent of a distressed wood decoration that says Eat, Pray, Love. It's meant to look nice, but you know it's a red flag.

• Haha 4

I rebooked my booster for today because of this multi day snow storm coming. So where I went, ages 30+ got Moderna and everyone under gets Pfizer. Last one stung like a MF but thankfully this was ok with just heaviness and soreness in spot of injection. I took an Advil and Aleve before my shot and 2 bowls from the bong when I got home. Hoping this stays mild for me but I feel a little nausea coming on but I have had it everyday for weeks now.

As for Joe and The Rock defending him. I think Trevor Noah did a great job on why he too sort of is in Joe’s corner. I’m hoping my Canadian link works but if it doesn’t please look up your Comedy Central video

2 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I rebooked my booster for today because of this multi day snow storm coming. So where I went, ages 30+ got Moderna and everyone under gets Pfizer. Last one stung like a MF but thankfully this was ok with just heaviness and soreness in spot of injection. I took an Advil and Aleve before my shot and 2 bowls from the bong when I got home. Hoping this stays mild for me but I feel a little nausea coming on but I have had it everyday for weeks now.

As for Joe and The Rock defending him. I think Trevor Noah did a great job on why he too sort of is in Joe’s corner. I’m hoping my Canadian link works but if it doesn’t please look up your Comedy Central video

You took an Advil and Aleeve at the same time? Never heard of that before, interesting!

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

You took an Advil and Aleeve at the same time? Never heard of that before, interesting!

My understanding is that Naproxen and Ibuprofen shouldn't be taken together. When I need extra relief, the go-to combo is Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen (which actually better in combination than alone).

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

My understanding is that Naproxen and Ibuprofen shouldn't be taken together. When I need extra relief, the go-to combo is Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen (which actually better in combination than alone).

Cycle these two in 4 hour cycles for smoothing out the peaks and valleys of relief

tylenol at 12, ibuprofen at 4, Tylenol again at 8, ibuprofen at 12 etc

27 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

This is the combo my wife got while she was recovering from her C section.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

This is the combo my wife got while she was recovering from her C section.

Poor gal. Juanita had c-sections with all three! Hope she is recovering well ❤️