The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

5 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I can assure you that someone whose life experience consists of an urban environment would have no bloody idea about the significant size difference between a grizzly bear and a black bear :p

I'd attempt to make friends if it's friendly.

7 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

You likely would not get within 200 yards if you saw one up close. They are the only truly terrifying land mammal in America. Even a big mountain lion doesn’t elicit the kind of fear and respect brown bear do.  

24 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I can assure you that someone whose life experience consists of an urban environment would have no bloody idea about the significant size difference between a grizzly bear and a black bear :p

They may have played RDR2. :p

• Guillotine 1

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

So America’s not racist, because the grizzly was killed off before the Black bear. Black lives have mattered. Time to move on to “all lives” now. 

The black bear may as well be the white man of bears. Even over the actually white polar bear. People just leave them alone.

8 minutes ago, mrbiggsly said:

I always thought black bears were more aggressive, but some quick research says grizzly and polar bears are more aggressive.

There might be a lesson here :thinking:

If you run into a Black bear on a trail, you are better off to yell and wave your arms while moving towards it (assuming no cubs) than to run. Black bears are the most cowardly of the North American bears, and will run from you almost all of the time.

15 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

If you run into a Black bear on a trail, you are better off to yell and wave your arms while moving towards it (assuming no cubs) than to run. Black bears are the most cowardly of the North American bears, and will run from you almost all of the time.

I think you're supposed to do this with every bear, because you're not outrunning them, the difference between them was that with a black bear attack you better fight cause it will eat you while a grizzly will just toss your ass aside when you're dead so pretending to be dead is best option.

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

And it's confounded by some grizzlies being black.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

I said there was no grizzly, and asked if there were Black Bear. The bear on the flag is supposed to be a Grizzly.

I read your post as saying there was no bears left in Cali period which is what I was responding to. I never mentioned anything about Grizzlies either way.

How in the hell this topic turned into folks bragging about their fuckin bear knowledge is beyond m... wait. Nevermind I forgot where I was posting. Jesus...

4 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

It's obvious Miller is the one coming up with these relatively obtuse Nazi references (hard to imagine Trump paying attention long enough to pick up on something like running that Nazi Facebook ad 88 times), but it's also obvious Trump approves of said references.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's obvious Miller is the one coming up with these relatively obtuse Nazi references (hard to imagine Trump paying attention long enough to pick up on something like running that Nazi Facebook ad 88 times), but it's also obvious Trump approves of said references.

Yeah, one of the only consistent things about Trump's ideology is his racism, but I do think he is too dumb do know all the Nazi shit. That's Miller's job.

6 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I said there was no grizzly, and asked if there were Black Bear. The bear on the flag is supposed to be a Grizzly.

Your post was formatted in a way that made it unclear what you were saying.

7 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I don’t even think Cali has any bear left. I know there’s no Grizzly.

Somehow @Emperor Diocletian II deciphered it and thought everyone in California is an idiot!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

5 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

You're definitely a city dweller, ain't ya?

5 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

You likely would not get within 200 yards if you saw one up close. They are the only truly terrifying land mammal in America. Even a big mountain lion doesn’t elicit the kind of fear and respect brown bear do.  

CA9-E382-C-3-D47-4058-A2-AB-EE5-F91-EC2-

• Haha 7

9 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I don’t even think Cali has any bear left. I know there’s no Grizzly. As a Native

-of America, not California-  , that upsets me. So much loss of biodiversity is one of America’s greatest sin, right after slavery and genocide. Greed was always a powerful force, but when technology caught up with it, we were all screwed. 

ok, this topic is too serious to let veer off course. We should probably work at getting it back on track.

He was talking about fucking bears, @Keyser_Sozeis the hero of biodiversity we don't even deserve

• Thanks 3

Braxton Bragg was a loser and massive fuck-up of a general. If the Cleveland Browns were a general, they would be Bragg. Bragg looks at the Detroit Lions 0-16 season and says "Damn. Only 16 defeats???? How'd they manage that?" He is to winning battles what Walter Mondale is to winning presidential elections. Trump has not cheated on his wife more often than Bragg has victories. The only reason to keep those names is to prop up white supremacy. Fuck the Confederacy and fuck the baby boys who look up to it.

• Thanks 2

One last thing about bears because i don't even give a shit about whatever this topic is supposed to be about anymore... I grew up in Jersey. Bears were like stray dogs in my state... like this fellow here

This was yesterday... downtown Hawthorne NJ. Hope nobody comes across that dude's mama.

Meanwhile back to our regularly scheduled programming...

In this episode, a Williamston, N.C., Hampton Inn employee has been fired for being yet another Karen on patrol and policing Black people while they try their absolute hardest to mind their own business and, in this case, enjoy themselves in the hotel’s swimming pool area. USA Today reports that a white hotel employee called the police on a Black family who were guests at the hotel and was filmed questioning one of the family members and demanding she prove she and her children were staying at the hotel and allowed to use the pool.

In the Facebook Live video posted by the Black woman, identified as Anita Williams-Wright, the Hampton Inn employee can be seen accompanied by two police officers demanding Williams-Wright prove she belongs there. The questioning continued even after she showed them her room key. 

Williams-Wright refused to give the police her information because she “didn’t commit a crime” and therefore wasn’t required to give them shit. She did, however, explain to the officers that there were “two [Caucasian] people” at the pool who were not questioned and that the employee, “said to me, ‘Oh because it’s always people like you using the pool unauthorized.’ Who is people like me?”

At one point, Williams-Wright turned the camera to show the officers running her license plate after she declined to share her information with them.

“Once I prove that I have a room, that was for you to walk away,” Williams-Wright told one of the officers. “I didn’t commit a crime. You are degrading me like this in front of my kids. They are trying to enjoy themselves in the pool.”

She also posted the video to her Instagram account under the caption, “I can’t believe this happened to me and my kids.”

On Monday, Shruti Gandhi Buckley, the Global Head of Hampton by Hilton, wrote in a statement, “Hampton by Hilton has zero tolerance for racism or discrimination of any kind. On Saturday, we were alerted to an online video of a guest incident at one of our franchise properties. We moved quickly to identify the hotel and the guest so that we could make contact and review the matter.”

Buckley said she contacted “the Williamston property on Sunday” and “learned that the team member is no longer employed at the hotel.”