Former Clinton advisor: Hillary will run in 2020

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/12/clinton-aide-2020-run-983684

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-will-run-again-1541963599?mod=searchresults&page=1&pos=5

From the Politico piece:

Two-time Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton will mount a third bid for the White House, longtime Clinton adviser Mark Penn wrote in an op-ed published Sunday by The Wall Street Journal, predicting that the former first lady and secretary of state is readying a "Hillary 4.0" campaign for 2020.

In the Journal op-ed, Penn, an adviser and pollster to the Clintons from 1995-2008, and former New York City politician Andrew Stein wrote that in a 2020 run, Clinton would reinvent herself “as a liberal firebrand." The twice-failed presidential candidate would not “let a little thing like two stunning defeats stand in the way of her claim to the White House," they wrote.

News that Clinton might try to take on President Donald Trump again elicited cheers from the White House. Counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway on Sunday retweeted reporting on Penn and Stein's assertion, adding: “Dear God, please, yes.”

May God have mercy on us all. She has not announced, obviously. But the talk around it is making me nervous.

I can't imagine her deciding to run again. I was very bullish on Hillary last go around, but I don't think she'd get through the primary in 2020. Part of me wants her to run just so we can see the Democrats consciously move on, but really I think we need to be done with her.

Then again, Democrats are really good at screwing up, so maybe she will run, win the primary, and lose again. That seems like exactly the kind of timeline we're in.

This is an op-ed piece written in the WSJ by a former adviser which means that it should be taken with a mountain of salt.

However, I will ONCE AGAIN quote Oliver Cromwell in his speech to the Rump Parliament:

"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!”

If you can't beat Donald fucking Trump, you can't beat anyone... let alone Donald Trump again...

Just no. I would have to think she wouldn't make it out of the primary. Democrats are pretty stupid, but they aren't that stupid.

I think. (hope)

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/12/clinton-aide-2020-run-983684

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-will-run-again-1541963599?mod=searchresults&page=1&pos=5

From the Politico piece:

May God have mercy on us all. She has not announced, obviously. But the talk around it is making me nervous.

Consider the source...

29 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Please....she could barely even walk in 2016...

IgnorantZestyGecko-max-1mb.gif

In all seriousness, the conspiracy theories that started forming around that were pretty dumb, but acting like it was ridiculous to be concerned about that wasn't exactly the best way to handle it either.

6 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Even if she did, does anyone think she would win the nomination?  lol.

Do you think her winning the nomination is any crazier than Trump winning the GOP nomination in '16, much less the election?

Crazy shit can happen in a primary. Hillary running may be the best chance Trump has of being reelected.

Just now, Chairslinger said:

Do you think her winning the nomination is any crazier than Trump winning the GOP nomination in '16, much less the election?

Crazy shit can happen in a primary. Hillary running may be the best chance Trump has of being reelected.

Yes because the party has soured on her big time.

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

And even if she didn't win she'd inevitably wind up doing a ton of unnecessary damage to whomever did.

I'd like to actually say that the entire culture of Americans rejecting "losers" in politics is a bad one. In almost all other western democracies a party will run a leader two or even three times before choosing another. I guess it's because in other democracies it's typically a battle of ideas when choosing your local rep (who then determines the leader) whereas the vote for President in the US is almost entirely based on a cult of personality and the idea that each one will be a saviour.