One-Fifth of U.S. Beef Capacity Wiped Out by JBS Cyberattack

So the hackers are vegans then right?

Seriously though, I just got a smoker this year and now I'll pretty much only be able to do chickens & pork as brisket is about to skyrocket! Furthermore, I feel awful for steak houses that are about to charge an egregious amount while they're all beginning to open back up.

Dammit GIF by memecandy

9 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Seriously though, I just got a smoker this year and now I'll pretty much only be able to do chickens & pork as brisket is about to skyrocket! Furthermore, I feel awful for steak houses that are about to charge an egregious amount while they're all beginning to open back up.

Dammit GIF by memecandy

Pork is the better tasting meat, so no loss there. I don't care what anyone says, pork shoulder is a tastiest cut of meat. Fight me.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I am really not much of a pork fan. I'll fix pork chops once in a while, but not often.

Anecdotally I find there is a pork gap between Boomers and Millennials, with the latter not really being that interested, outside of bacon. Personally, I have no desire to eat ham or porkchops. I don't mind pork ribs and bacon, however.

37 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Dammit GIF by memecandy

Pork butt bbq, baby. Put that smoker to work. Make some good-ass bbq. 

Also, smoked beer can chicken is incredible. 

You can do just fine without beef.

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Anecdotally I find there is a pork gap between Boomers and Millennials, with the latter not really being that interested, outside of bacon. Personally, I have no desire to eat ham or porkchops. I don't mind pork ribs and bacon, however.

I do like bacon, but I don't eat it regularly. Pork ribs are good, but I never fix them. We're going to Memphis this weekend, so I'll definitely be having some great BBQ. But yeah, pork chops, ham, stuff like that I'm not really crazy about.

Chicken is fine and all and I eat it a fair bit, but it's not something I usually get excited about.

I just love beef. Nothing better to me than a good ribeye.

22 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I haven't eaten pork in years.

Once I learned how intelligent pigs are, I decided that if I wasn't going to eat a dog, then I couldn't eat a pig.

I've managed to reduce my meat consumption to one meal per week, and that usually consists of lamb.

Man I miss Korean Chinese-style lamb skewers:

2476817+2016-04-22T163359Z_1_MTZSPDEC4M1

I haven't had that in so long, what with the pandemic and having a baby.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Pork is the better tasting meat, so no loss there. I don't care what anyone says, pork shoulder is a tastiest cut of meat. Fight me.

Pernil is undeniably delicious, but I try to reduce my consumption for the same reasons Wade avoids it. 

32 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Another reason why I avoid pork is because of the utterly disastrous environmental conditions caused by the waste runoff from large-scale pig farms.

I’m like a 10 minute walk from a pig slaughterhouse, and I can confirm this for sure. For a few summers we noticed just the most putrid smell coming some basement drain, and it was because the slaughterhouse wasn’t disposing the waste properly and allowed it too seep into our sewer system. They were fined and the smell has been missing ever since the scandal broke. Some weird stuff has happened with weekly protests, some marches with signs (and I swear on my life this sign/phrase was front and centre) like “Eat Pussy, Not Pork” We has a truck overturn and some pigs escaped, re-caught and killed. Turns out they are no longer valuable meat when they escape like that, and so they just kill them. Then we had a protester once arrested for animal cruelty for giving the pigs water when stopped at a red light, and was killed by one of these pig trucks just over a year ago while it was turning into the building. I believe the driver was found not at fault for her death, but more protests happened and they somehow had Joaquin Phoenix join them. 

spacer.png

I do love a good pork tenderloin though. Preferred meat I think would go to beef as well, and I have to stay away from it because Covid gave me high iron (my family doctors word, not internet shit) Chicken would be my #2 but not by much at all

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

The majority of my meat consumption is chicken, followed by beef (mostly eating out) and then pork rather rarely (pretty much only when I’m eating Taiwanese or cured meats). 

A roast beef fan, huh? 

11 hours ago, Joe said:

Echoing what Ghost said though, pork shoulder is insanely versatile. Carnitas, pulled pork, pernil, and char siu all from the same cut.

Pork is definitely more versatile than beef. There's no doubt about that. Beef is more delicious in its freshly cut form, but pork can be made into so many different, amazing recipes.

18 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I haven't eaten pork in years.

Once I learned how intelligent pigs are, I decided that if I wasn't going to eat a dog, then I couldn't eat a pig.

I've managed to reduce my meat consumption to one meal per week, and that usually consists of lamb.

Somebody has to eat pork, or the pig died for nothing. I can’t be a part of that. So to honor the pig, I eat pork. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1