~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

20 minutes ago, Chris- said:

They fucking knew.

merlin_208127919_a272624d-2a86-42f7-aaea
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

More than a dozen students remained alive for over an hour before officers entered their classrooms. The commander feared a risk to officers’ lives, new documents show.

Was there any doubt? You had kids calling into 911... of COURSE the cops knew.

• True 2

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Was there any doubt? You had kids calling into 911... of COURSE the cops knew.

Obviously it is easy to put two and two together, but I don't believe it was formally confirmed until now (there was still a dubious possibility the information never got relayed to the chief).

5 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Great news everyone, shootings will never happen in Uvalde again because:

ROBBELEMENTARY.jpg?w=1280
WGNTV.COM

UVALDE, Texas (AP) — The superintendent of the Texas school district where 19 students and two teachers were fatally shot said Thursday that the district will hire more police officers in…

Shocking that team horse paste cannot identify the disease let alone the cure. 

Give teachers gun training and allow them to carry. I think this would make a positive difference imo. It wouldn't fully eliminate shootings but kids would maybe think twice? I don't know. Such a difficult subject because you're dealing with mentally ill children behind these shootings. 

• Guillotine 4

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Give teachers gun training and allow them to carry. I think this would make a positive difference imo. It wouldn't fully eliminate shootings but kids would maybe think twice? I don't know. Such a difficult subject because you're dealing with mentally ill children behind these shootings. 

Jfc 

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You can't be serious. 

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

People who walk in from off campus know to target the teacher first. Very positive difference.

31 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Move to ohio

ap22153620452532_wide-42209c11d40c5cb67d
WWW.NPR.ORG

Experts say such an approach isn't a good idea. The strategy's opponents also include teachers groups and the Fraternal Order of Police of Ohio.

😍😍😍only 24 hours of training 🤩🤩🤩

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I'm going to chalk this episode up to a lapse in judgement and not thinking it through then you actually believing this stupid idea.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

Most likely scenario is one or more students overpowering a teacher and taking his or her gun, most likely to use on teacher and others immediately following. I used to see this in the Army all the time as the stronger soldiers would basically just walk up to another soldier who is holding a loaded rifle and take it away from him, often bashing him in the head for daring to raise the weapon in the first place. This was usually the result of an argument between the two soldiers, where the weaker one thought having a weapon in his hands gave him some sort of protection.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

He's referring to the fact that the police union thinks its a shitty idea as well!

I know. I was agreeing with him... and the unions by extension. It's a terrible idea on its face and once again reinforces the juevnile belief a lot of people have about guns and the "good guy with a gun" myth. The only thing that will happen if teachers start getting armed is more children getting shot.

• True 1
  • Halal 1