~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

17 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I actually agree with 2A stans’ interpretation of the 2A. All it says is that preserving a free nation will require an armed populace. Therefore people should be able to have all the guns they want. Which is why it needs to go.

Why shouldn't I be able to own heavy artilery? After all a gun isn't much use against a tank which is what would be used against this "free nation".

• Halal 1

8 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Why shouldn't I be able to own heavy artilery? After all a gun isn't much use against a tank which is what would be used against this "free nation".

That's been my argument for a long time. There already is an established loose interpretation of what "arms" means. You can't go buy a howitzer or a fighter jet

14 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

There’s nothing in the text as written that should prevent that. But plenty of perfectly constitutional (IMO) limitations and laws afterward do.

10 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

There’s nothing in the text as written that should prevent that. But plenty of perfectly constitutional (IMO) limitations and laws afterward do.

Which is just having a result you want and then using some bs to justify it. If the second amendment is to defend against a rogue government then we should legally be able to own the weapons needed to do to that. We've seen in Ukraine how important stingers and javelins are. They would have been rolled without them. 

To me its people who want their toys but don't want others to actually challenge authority so they twist themselves into knots to justify themselves. 

IMO the only way to change anything is to have the justices rule that an arm means ANY weapon, which would at least force the states and federal government to write an amendment to clarify what people can and can't own. 

4 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

To me its people who want their toys but don't want others to actually challenge authority so they twist themselves into knots to justify themselves. 

Personal gun ownership has become associated with white supremacy. It's still often treated like toys, yes, but toys only for white boys.

• Halal 1

6 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I don’t know I feel like if my entire personality revolves around one sentence I could at least take the effort to memorize it.

Oh you know better than this! How many Christians do we all know who have never read the bible? I know many people who think that the bible is literally the word of god but couldn't be fussed to read the thing, I approach Spider-Man comics drawn by Mark Bagley with more enthusiasm than they do for what they say are the actual words their god said.

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

(it doesn’t mean regulations)

Not with that attitude.

You combine that with the fact that apparently the entire Uvalde city hall is just saying "uh, we're closed" any time a reporter shows up to try and ask questions during normal business hours, and you have to wonder exactly how awful the details that they're still trying to cover up are.

5 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Oh you know better than this! How many Christians do we all know who have never read the bible? I know many people who think that the bible is literally the word of god but couldn't be fussed to read the thing, I approach Spider-Man comics drawn by Mark Bagley with more enthusiasm than they do for what they say are the actual words their god said.

The Bible is really long though.

• True 1

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Three fatalities, 11 wounded - a cop did engage one of the terrorists:

afiwlfafja.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&resi
WWW.NBCPHILADELPHIA.COM

At least 14 people were shot, three of them killed, when gunmen opened fire into a crowd on South Street in Philadelphia late Saturday night.

There was also this horrible event in Texas last week - a convicted murderer with ties to a Mexican cartel escaped from a prison bus three weeks ago and murdered five members of a family before dying in a shootout with the police:

527.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=85
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Mark Collins took his four grandsons to his ranch for some shooting, boating and fishing but within hours they fell victim to an escaped prisoner

Shockingly an escaped murderer found guns in a Texas home, lol.  Also imagine this shit happening and still saying this fucking stupid.

Bezner, the Collins family pastor, said the victims’ loved ones remain pious. “None of us can understand why, but [we] continue to trust that God is good and he is with us under these circumstances,” Bezner said.

Just now, chakoo said:

Can you guys stop murdering each other long enough so canada can pass some gun laws without being called out for taking advantage of daily american tragedies. :rolleyes:

No Way Meme GIF

17 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Can you guys stop murdering each other long enough so canada can pass some gun laws without being called out for taking advantage of daily american tragedies. :rolleyes:

We need a pious Canada to tell us to “do better” or otherwise what’s the point of your confederation

1 minute ago, Littleronin said:

I am really getting that feeling that the city of Uvalde and their police department is about to lawsuit from the victims' families unlike anything we have ever seen before.

At the very least, the initial groundwork for a lawsuit against the gunmaker has been laid:

ap17090515418740_wide-e352f153e223fc9149
WWW.NPR.ORG

The parents of one the children killed at Robb Elementary and a speech pathology clerk are exploring a lawsuit against Daniel Defense, which made the AR-15-style rifle used in the mass shooting.

The parents of one of the 19 children killed during the mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, and a Robb Elementary School staffer who fled from the gunman and hid in the school have taken the first steps toward suing the gunmaker that produced the AR-15-style rifle used in the massacre.

"My purpose for being now is to honor Amerie Jo's memory," said Alfred Garza III, father of a 10-year-old who called 911 from inside her classroom before being shot. "She would want me to do everything I can so this will never happen again to any other child. I have to fight her fight."

Through attorneys, Garza sent a letter to Daniel Defense stating his intention to investigate claims against the gunmaker and issuing a notice to preserve all potentially relevant documents. Attorneys for Kimberly Garcia, the girl's mother, sent a similar letter to the company.

In court documents filed Thursday in the Texas 38th Judicial District, Robb Elementary speech pathology clerk Emilia "Amy" Marin, petitioned the court to force company officials to sit for a deposition and to produce materials related to the gunmaker's website, profits, lobbying, sales and marketing of AR-15-style rifles like the one used in the shooting.

700.png
APNEWS.COM

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) — A shooting near a Tennessee nightclub early Sunday led to three deaths and 14 people suffering gunshot wounds and other injuries, police said. Fourteen people were hit by gunfire and three were hit by vehicles while trying to flee the scene, Chattanooga Police Chief Celeste Murphy said during a press conference.

A  shooting near a Tennessee nightclub early Sunday led to three deaths and 14 people suffering gunshot wounds and other injuries, police said.

Fourteen people were hit by gunfire and three were hit by vehicles while trying to flee the scene, Chattanooga Police Chief Celeste Murphy said during a press conference. Two people died from gunshot wounds and one person died after being hit by a vehicle, Murphy said. Sixteen of the victims were adults and one was a juvenile and several remained in critical condition, she said.

Officers responded to a report of a shooting at 2:42 a.m. on McCallie Avenue near a nightclub and found multiple victims upon arrival. She said officers immediately began rendering aid and securing the scene.

There were multiple shooters and Murphy asked anyone in the community with information about the shooting to come forward. She said police believe it was an isolated incident and authorities don’t believe there’s an ongoing public safety threat.

29 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Didn't see this in this thread... Police call in Bikers to keep out the press.

uvalde-police-bikers-funerals-mass-schoo
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

Members of biker groups reportedly demanded that journalists "stay on the sidewalk" as mourners paid their respects to 10-year-old Eliahana Torres on Thursday.

Did they let some of their buddies out of jail as a bribe? Sounds like something they would do.

14 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Did they let some of their buddies out of jail as a bribe? Sounds like something they would do.

Probably not.. The ties between Law Enforcement and Gangs is pretty well known.

3HGHQJ77WVI4RPH55KCN7MA22A.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Poor, mostly minority communities around the country have complained for decades that some local law enforcement agencies often behave more like racist criminal street gangs than sworn peace officers, unlawfully terrorizing Black and Latino communities.

Pretty sure this isn't just an LA problem. I've said it before and I'll say it again... Law Enforcement in this country is pretty fucked. More than I think most people realize.

ghost_final_wide_actual-size.jpg?w=1024
WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

A dangerous affinity has formed between police, far-right extremists, and white supremacists. How can law enforcement regain public trust?

My point is that the Police Departments in Uvalde probably didn't have to bribe anyone. They just had to pick up a phone.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:
2500.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

Taser developer Axon said this week it is working to build drones armed with the electric stunning weapons that could fly in schools and “help prevent the next Uvalde, Sandy Hook, or Columbine.”...

It's impossible to shoot a drone so these will work fo sho.

55 minutes ago, Jason said:
2500.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

Taser developer Axon said this week it is working to build drones armed with the electric stunning weapons that could fly in schools and “help prevent the next Uvalde, Sandy Hook, or Columbine.”...

Such a terrible idea. It would be better to just outfit a bomb disposal robot with a taser if we can't get cops to actually go in after a shooter.

4 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Such a terrible idea. It would be better to just outfit a bomb disposal robot with a taser if we can't get cops to actually go in after a shooter.

Only silver lining is the implication that an RC taser protects people better than cops, so think of the savings we'd get by just trolling the Star Wars Squadrons leaderboards to keep us safe.