~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Hooo boy...

I can't imagine living in constant fear like that. Like, I live in constant fear for my autistic daughter, but that's because she 4, as big as an 7yo, but with the mentality of a 1yo. If she sees an open door, she's running and has zero ability to understand how to get back or tell people who she is. Know what I do? Lock my doors and set an alarm. He's afraid of people ringing his doorbell at night. He can afford all these guns, but not a video doorbell? It's 2022. I can check who's knocking on my door while taking a shit on an airplane. This guy doesn't even believe he can protect his own family with his guns, so he's arming his 9yo and shouting from the hallways because he's scared she might shoot him.

There is something very seriously wrong with these people.

• Halal 4

53 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I can't imagine living in constant fear like that. Like, I live in constant fear for my autistic daughter, but that's because she 4, as big as an 7yo, but with the mentality of a 1yo. If she sees an open door, she's running and has zero ability to understand how to get back or tell people who she is. Know what I do? Lock my doors and set an alarm. He's afraid of people ringing his doorbell at night. He can afford all these guns, but not a video doorbell? It's 2022. I can check who's knocking on my door while taking a shit on an airplane. This guy doesn't even believe he can protect his own family with his guns, so he's arming his 9yo and shouting from the hallways because he's scared she might shoot him.

There is something very seriously wrong with these people.

I can imagine bro... my ex' son is autistic and is similar to your daughter. He's a teenager now with the mentality of a toddler and she is CONSTANTLY worried about him. Her whole life revolves around making sure he's cared for. The world these people live in is INSANE. Like seriously insane.

I had a friend who told me that she never truly felt safe in a home unless there was a gun in it. My guy, you've exclusively gone to public schools your entire life and live in a small town that averages like half a murder a year. That's not real fear, that's a self-induced mental malfunction.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

11 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

They killed one of the kids.

There is no other reason why they would be this secretive.

It is likely..but even then why wait the hour? If they shot one of the victims though rightfully tragic its still in service of saving the many.. if one of the cops insisted they had to go in was it command and control failure or fear? (one can be used to excuse the other)

I guess my minor question is now it implies that the Cops went in… has the off duty Border patrol agent killing the shooter narrative changed

2 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

It is likely..but even then why wait the hour? If they shot one of the victims though rightfully tragic its still in service of saving the many.. if one of the cops insisted they had to go in was it command and control failure or fear? (one can be used to excuse the other)

If they shot one, then wait for the guy to kill everyone else and then it's a coverup for their own mistake.

What this episode highlights is how poorly trained police in general and in small jurisdictions specifically actually are. The on site commander is clearly a politician and had no idea how to handle this situation. Also if the cops actually shot one of the kids, then it really tears apart the notion of arming teachers in schools.

6 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

I had a friend who told me that she never truly felt safe in a home unless there was a gun in it. My guy, you've exclusively gone to public schools your entire life and live in a small town that averages like half a murder a year. That's not real fear, that's a self-induced mental malfunction.

My dad sleeps with a pistol under his pillow(not chambered, at least) and a pistol next to the bed. The last murder I'm aware of in that town was nearly a decade ago when a stepfather killed his daughter, then himself.

I don't fucking get it.

Meanwhile, the FIRST time I had a gun pointed at me I was 15 years old... brother and grandmother both shot and killed, my mother was carjacked in our driveway at gunpoint and to be honest, I don't think I know anyone from the neighborhood I grew up in that HASN'T been touched by gun violence. After all that I STILL don't feel the need to own a gun. To be honest, if I owned a gun growing up, the likelyhood of me shooting someone was VERY high. I never felt like owning a gun would make me safer :shrug:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I remember my sister babysitting a cat for some friends at school like 30 years ago. So I went with one day to help and I still remember in the basement 2 hunting rifles on a mantle just above the basement couch. Back then I really didn’t know and remember touching it, but only years later I came to realize what they actually were. Besides store displays and police, that is my lone encounter with a gun

3 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

My dad sleeps with a pistol under his pillow(not chambered, at least) and a pistol next to the bed. The last murder I'm aware of in that town was nearly a decade ago when a stepfather killed his daughter, then himself.

I don't fucking get it.

Clever. A burglar will grab the gun on the nighstand thinking they've gotten the upper hand, but then bam, pops can shoot the unsuspecting burglar from under his pillow!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Uaarkson said:

My best friend’s dad had some kind of Magnum that he left on top of the washer/dryer in the breezeway lol. We used to go buy our own ammunition and shoot it at trees while he was gone, and he never knew the difference 

Or maybe he did know but wanted extra sets of fingerprints on the gun while maintaining plausible deniability about how the extra sets of fingerprints got there. :mthinking:

13 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Fucking hell....

Gotta love the mentality of these people, when their motto is “The only way to stop a bad person with a gun, is a good person with a gun” When the good guy actually DOES show up with a gun “Nope! Nope! Nope!” 

6 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Even the cops aren't safe from cops

190730-100th-precinct-queens.jpg?quality
NYPOST.COM

An NYPD officer is suing the city and several fellow cops, claiming she was the target of repeated sexual harassment and even an attempted sex assault — but that higher-ups and her union refuse to...
?m=02&d=20141223&t=2&i=1004428647&r=LYNX
WWW.REUTERS.COM

From the dingy donut shops of Manhattan to the cloistered police watering holes in Brooklyn, a number of black NYPD officers say they have experienced the same racial profiling that cost Eric Garner his life.
NYC_Gun_Violence_86198.jpg-2ec92.jpg&w=1
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

During role call before one shift, a supervisor joked that she should try not to “detonate on patrol,” the lawsuit says.

4928.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Louis Sojo claims that his captain racially harassed him and said he was ‘not a real cop’ after he paid for an alleged shoplifter’s food

There's also one where they harassed a fellow cop into committing suicide (not sure if it was NYPD).

He grabbed by for the throat by telling him to calm the fuck down and not unnecessarily escalate with a guy they'd stopped:

220114-sunrise-police-incident-se-1238p-
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The Sunrise police chief said he stripped the unidentified sergeant of his supervisory responsibilities after hearing about the Nov. 19 incident, which was caught on camera.