~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Personal gun ownership for self / home defense is as a huge mistake. 

The most puzzling thing, to me, is the people that live in the middle of nowhere seem to be the ones that worry the most about needing to defend their property. Sorry Jasper, nobody wants your 100 year old farmhouse that is in disrepair. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 2

52 minutes ago, Ominous said:

The most puzzling thing, to me, is the people that live in the middle of nowhere seem to be the ones that worry the most about needing to defend their property. Sorry Jasper, nobody wants your 100 year old farmhouse that is in disrepair. 

Isolation makes people paranoid. It's not an accident that cities are pretty much always more liberal.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Isolation makes people paranoid. It's not an accident that cities are pretty much always more liberal.

Post-9/11, I remember that small towns in my province were worried that terrorists would fly planes into their grain elevators. Rural folk are the most paranoid people around.

• Haha 2
  • True 1

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Isolation and / or only being around people that look / think like you. The reason college is a liberal indoctrination station is they meet people their communities talked shit about and realize they are basically the same as them with different skin color or different fake religion. 

• True 3

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Post-9/11, I remember that small towns in my province were worried that terrorists would fly planes into their grain elevators. Rural folk are the most paranoid people around.

To be fair grain elevators are extremely dangerous explosive devices

but newish ones should be significantly safer than you expect

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Civ III came out like a month after 9/11 and I wanted my mom to drive me to the mall to pick up my preorder. She didn't want to take me because she was paranoid that our random suburban mall was a terrorist target. :lol: I eventually convinced her how stupid that was and she took me.

• Haha 1

Does this qualify as making fun of flyover state people? Cause I’ve been told that’s why they want to burn down the country.

Anyway, Im in favor of gun ownership as an abstract concept  but not in the way our shithole nation does it, our populace can’t be trusted with the responsibility of firearm ownership. I’ve known gun owners who haven’t cleaned their guns in years as a just a basic example. 

I full throttle believe guns aren’t the issue, gun culture and our society as a whole is the issue.

On 4/16/2024 at 9:06 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

This is fucked up on so many levels. 

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

William Brock told investigators he shot Loletha Hall because he thought she was working with a man who called and threatened him and his family. Hall didn't...

I guess there was a follow up on this a week ago