~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

7 minutes ago, CayceG said:

A cursory glance on anything he put on the internet reveals that he was nowhere CLOSE to being a leftist. The dude was a 4chan Nazi.

As far as I’m concerned, the people who allowed 4chan to grow and prosper into what it is now have blood on their hands. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Like I said on the Discord, the "vote harder" angle would be a much more effective pitch if they had Biden do as much as humanly possible via executive orders, and then go to the voters with "if you like what Joe did with these EOs and want to make them permanent/go farther than he could with EOs, vote more Democrats into Congress". Instead he's worried it'll look too Trumpy to do EOs.

• Halal 2

5 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

I guess they've figured out that "thoughts and prayers" wasn't gonna fly anymore, so they've moved on to simply, "I don't actually care if you die"

Guarantee he doesn't realize we're not a country without France getting involved in the Revolutionary War. 

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Guarantee he doesn't realize we're not a country without France getting involved in the Revolutionary War. 

Just gotta win enough schoolboard elections till you can purge inconvenient facts like that out of history textbooks

• True 2

18 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

I guess they've figured out that "thoughts and prayers" wasn't gonna fly anymore, so they've moved on to simply, "I don't actually care if you die"

That's pretty much the modern gunowner's creed: "I don't actually care if you die, I want my hobby."

• True 2
  • Halal 1

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It’s just a subtle jab at the UK calling them European despite their best efforts to not be associated with that lot

That seems like giving way to much credit to the cleverness of a random GOP House candidate. 

What the fuck is it going to take? 

Honestly I don't want to risk stepping foot in America right now because I don't want to be the next tragic story you hear of someone visiting on vacation, or a work opportunity, and getting killed at what should be a peaceful, and celebratory event. 

• True 1

6 minutes ago, Brick said:

Honestly I don't want to risk stepping foot in America right now because I don't want to be the next tragic story you hear of someone visiting on vacation, or a work opportunity, and getting killed at what should be a peaceful, and celebratory event. 

Somebody losing a ton of money due to folks skipping large gatherings or Zoomers coming into power and remembering how much shooting drills in elementary school sucked. Whichever comes first. For example, people refusing to attend college sports events because a state made it illegal for public universities to stop folks carrying weapons and someone went on to create mayhem at like a football game. Even in my example, politicians would just carve out an exception to allow college sports to become gun free zones and nothing else would change.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Somebody losing a ton of money due to folks skipping large gatherings or Zoomers coming into power and remembering how much shooting drills in elementary school sucked. Whichever comes first. For example, people refusing to attend college sports events because a state made it illegal for public universities to stop folks carrying weapons and someone went on to create mayhem at like a football game. Even in my example, politicians would just carve out an exception to allow college sports to become gun free zones and nothing else would change.

Watch the chud Zoomers insist on keeping guns because nostalgia and "simpler times" attached to the school shooter drills. 

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Watch the chud Zoomers insist on keeping guns because nostalgia and "simpler times" attached to the school shooter drills. 

They will.  I remember thinking the millennials, the current generation in their 30s-40 would bring about more tolerance and whatnot.  It moved slow, gay acceptance got a bit better, I feel like conversations about single payer healthcare are happening a bit more now than before.  But at the same time you get chunks of this generation and the zoomers getting radicalized into bigotry and whatnot thanks to 4chan/8kun and other places.

• Halal 1

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

I hear you, but I don't know/I'm being uncharacteristically optimistic that they just don't exist in large enough numbers to tip the scales when whites become a minority twenty years from now. More violent? Probably, but that increase in violence may just contribute to an increased disdain for guns.

2 hours ago, Brick said:

The same thing that changed it the last time this country experienced an epidemic of gun violence...during the post civil war frontier west. When these towns and fledgling cities were trying to establish themselves and become economic hubs, gun violence was bad for business. SO what did they do? They started banning guns in town and passing all kinds of gun control ordinances. This was in the wild fucking west and we managed to do it, but only because it was hurting business and industry. Until that starts to happen again, we won't see any dramatic change.

• True 1