~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

23 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Moreover, the local police lied: the door was not propped open by a teacher when the gunman entered.

I believe she had shut the door but probably didn't realize it had been unlocked previously, maybe from a janitor or something. A door with a pushbar on the inside can be set to an unlock position and you would never know by looking at it. I've seen a ton of ridiculous comments online about the door in question, from people that have no understanding of a commercial door. 

44 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I believe she had shut the door but probably didn't realize it had been unlocked previously, maybe from a janitor or something. A door with a pushbar on the inside can be set to an unlock position and you would never know by looking at it. I've seen a ton of ridiculous comments online about the door in question, from people that have no understanding of a commercial door. 

Correct , if someone dogs a crashbar, people will exit through door or walk by and never notice it. At least 5 or 6 times a year I take calls for this issue.

"My access control is broke and people can just walk right in" and ill show up and show them its been dogged open or its the door closure is out adjustment and the door closes 99.9% of the way but the latch gets hung up.

I also really hope if this is was the case that what ever poor soul didnt check the door or dogged it open doesnt take it as their fault because lord know the arm chair commandos of the world will.

• Halal 1

a02afa0d4c9ec5cb8127da7378a7f71f.jpg
WWW.THEONION.COM

UVALDE, TX—Once again shifting the official timeline of how authorities reacted to a mass shooting at Robb Elementary School, Uvalde school police chief Pedro Arredondo released new details during a press conference Wednesday, stating that Uvalde, TX had never existed. “After several days of exhaustive investigations…

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:
t_0ed253b010414f41a3a3589b79f41305_name_
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The president will ask Congress to pass “commonsense laws," the White House said.

Biden to do nothing

I mean making the Republicans vote against it is better politics than the Democrats normally engage in, but the press will probably pin it solely on Manchin.

13 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:
t_0ed253b010414f41a3a3589b79f41305_name_
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The president will ask Congress to pass “commonsense laws," the White House said.

Biden to do nothing

I listened to the hearing a bit this morning. It's an absolute joke (as are all hearings).

Republicans talking about secure single entry schools, arming teachers, and staffing retired police officers at schools, like there wasn't a mass shooting at a grocery store and hospital in the past 2 weeks.

It drives me insane to think about hardening schools and hospitals as if that’s going to stop mass shootings. Let’s forget the fact that we’ve seen time and time again that multiple “good guys with guns” who are paid to protect schools flee when they’re fired upon. Let’s forget that in situations like Uvalde and Pulse, cops will wait outside while shooters execute hostages and civilians, and in both cases some amount of lives were saved by non-police taking action.

The Las Vegas shooting was less than 5 years ago. One fucking dude shot almost 500 people. Almost. Five. Hundred. People. You cannot secure every area. You cannot harden every target. You cannot prevent guns from getting into every building. Guns must be confiscated and bought back, the right to own and purchase them must be abolished. Everything else is fucking bullshit. 

• True 2

3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

UVALDE, Texas (AP) — The commander at the scene of a shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas , was not informed of panicked 911 calls coming from students trapped inside the building as the massacre unfolded, a Texas state senator said Thursday.

The commander at the scene of a shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, was not informed of panicked 911 calls coming from students trapped inside the building as the massacre unfolded, a Texas state senator said Thursday.

Sen. Roland Gutierrez said the pleas for help from people inside Robb Elementary Schoo l on May 24 did not make their way to school district police Chief Pete Arredondo. The Democratic senator called it a “system failure” that calls were going to the city police but were not communicated to Arredondo.

“I want to know specifically who was receiving the 911 calls,” Gutierrez said during a news conference, adding that no single person or entity was fully to blame for the massacre.

However, he said, Gov. Greg Abbot should accept much of the responsibility for the failures in the police response.

“There was error at every level, including the legislative level. Greg Abbott has plenty of blame in all of this,” Gutierrez said.

11 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

When people are upset at the things we've done is not an appropriate time to look into the things we've done

I don't know how ANYONE can deny that we have a crisis of policing in this country. Do police prevent crimes? No. Do they solve crimes? No. Do they offer any sort of usefulness at all? Absolutely not. Are they a drain on resources? Yes. Do they prevent us from actually using our resources to benefit cities and people? Yes. The only thing you can count on the police to reliably do is to shot unarmed and innocent people.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

3 hours ago, SoberChef said:

So NYS, among the many measures passed, opted to include a ban on BODY ARMOR! What in the actual fuck is THAT about?

Recently all these shooters are reported to have some body armour on them, while committing these horrendous crimes. From what I heard last night is that you will need proof to show you need it for work purposes only, like security guard service. I’m for it I guess 

In certain industries there is justification for middle-men (though it's usually shrinking due to the internet), particularly where choices aren't easily understandable by consumers, and where the middle-men have some kind of legal fiduciary duty to the consumer. But...that's like 5% of middle-men cases, and dealers definitely don't fall under that.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

In certain industries there is justification for middle-men (though it's usually shrinking due to the internet), particularly where choices aren't easily understandable by consumers, and where the middle-men have some kind of legal fiduciary duty to the consumer. But...that's like 5% of middle-men cases, and dealers definitely don't fall under that.

So where you buying your guns from? :sickos:

The defeatist attitudes of this board are often perplexing to me. I get the annoyance at the pre-negotiating down aspect of Biden’s comments, but an increase to age 21 nationally is still a better position than where we sit today 

This reminds me of those on the most extreme anti-abortion side, the self titled “abortion abolitionists”, who hate the “pro life” people because they are practicing incrementalism. Turns out the pro lifers won with this approach.

In any scenario where the odds are against you, taking small wins here and there is the sensible path until the fundamentals of the situation change in your favor.