Official "Look How Insane and Shitty ALL GOP Officials Are" Thread

5 minutes ago, chakoo said:
steven-crowder-no-fault-divorce.jpg?w=16
WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

Steven Crowder is part of a growing right-wing chorus calling for an end to modern divorce laws.

Like we needed more proof that the the far right hates women.

The employees were men. 

5bbd89b13dc0d04039a27b84b3e83f383b-steve
NYMAG.COM

After a video emerged showing Crowder berating his pregnant wife, a report alleges that the conservative YouTube star harassed his employees.

• Guillotine 2

5 hours ago, chakoo said:
steven-crowder-no-fault-divorce.jpg?w=16
WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

Steven Crowder is part of a growing right-wing chorus calling for an end to modern divorce laws.

Like we needed more proof that the the far right hates women.

It’s never been in doubt. The right has been full of incels since before it was a term. They can’t be desired by women so they attempt to coerce it into existence via culture, laws etc. it’s always been this way.

• True 3

I honestly cant decide whom I hate the most between Gaetz, Margarine, Hawley, Gaetz, McConnell etc…. just hate the fact that they seem to be multiplying

Lauren-Boebert-050123-da55c29bf6ab41a98b
PEOPLE.COM

Colorado Rep. Lauren Boebert is being criticized after sharing photos taken at a gun range just hours after five people, including a 9-year-old child, were fatally shot in Texas by a suspect with an...

Republicans in Texas are whining about voter suppression, when Houston Chronicle did a study that showed the paper shortage didn't affect the elections in Harris County.

That says more about Republicans than it does about Harris County. There was a paper shortage, and they STILL lost.

• Halal 1

Going after "no cause" divorce is weird. Like, there's already "irreconcilable differences" which is a catch-all.

Marriage is such an antiquated concept. The very idea that a relationship needs a contract feels so... Saudi Arabian.

• True 2

24 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Do you think Steven Crowder's beliefs differ from that of your average Saudi Sheikh?

Yes, he at just likes to pretend he wants people to prove him wrong. The house of Saud has no such hang ups.

Seriously though, the way he said she was wrong for disagreeing that they wanted a divorce...

2 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Well the Sheikh's God is brown, and probably smells funny.  Therefore it's totally different.

*Checks notes*

... Turns out you're right, it's in the rule book. Their only difference tends to be... *Checks notes*... Their opinion on.... Israel?

Apparently that's really the only distinction between Christian fundamentals and Islamic fundamentalists.

3000.webp
APNEWS.COM

Indiana’s governor has signed a bill that would require schools to notify a parent if a student requests a name or pronoun change at school. The bill is one of the final bills approved in a legislative session that had targeted LGBTQ+ people, especially students. Republican Gov. Eric Holcomb’s approval of the legislation on Thursday comes in a year when Republican-led legislatures around the country are seeking to...

At this point, EVERY red state is tied for the worst state.

• True 2

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's really not that much of a difference as both desire the destruction of Israel - only the reasons are different.

And a difference of when. Now versus during Armageddon...which they also want to be happening now. I guess the timing isn't all that different either.

16 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Apparently that's really the only distinction between Christian fundamentals and Islamic fundamentalists.

There are really no distinctions between the two in practice except for the fact that Islamic fundamentalists get to let their fundamentalist freak flag fly high out in the open given they typically live in regressive and oppressive countries whereas Christian fundamentalists have to contend with things like: "rights for others" and shit in the West (like restraining orders, etc.) hence coming after even things like divorce since fundamentalists have no problem trapping their partner into a lifelong relationship they may no longer want to be in because women are property and men have a right to be married and have kids, I guess, because their silly religions said so.

• Halal 1

hippity hoppity, women are property

I tried to fit "the gays must die" in there but it didn't fit the scheme.

I've actually been curious about why religious people hate gay people so much. Surely, there must have been a twisted logic behind it at some point, even if it's totally lost now. My theory is that gay/queer people don't play by the rules of the established power structure, therefore they must be squashed/silenced/killed/ostracized. Essentially "because your existence doesn't revolve around reproduction, you're an unknown quantity in terms of your priorities and we need to keep people shackled to reproduction." In other words, "we can predict the behavior of people who have children, we can't predict the behavior of people who don't."

I love how these asshats pick and choose the parts of the bible/quran that conveniently fit around their power structure. You could make an argument that the Old Testament says women shouldn't wear jewelry. The Old Testament kind of also condemns all disabled people to hell by saying no man with disfigurements or whatever shall approach God (the meaning of that verse reaaaalllly depends on which translation was used for that one, I'm pretty sure it's been sanitized over time)

• Halal 1

It actually just occured to me that, in the most literal translation, Greg Abbott is going to hell and there's nothing he can do about it. The bible does state (more or less depending on which version you read) that disabled people shall not appear before God or whatever.

Dan Crenshaw also fits the bill. In as much of a literal interpretation of the Bible as you can get, both of them are excluded from heaven.

It just goes to show how people use religion when it's convenient for their purposes and ignore it when it isn't.

That's why I tend to trust people more who aren't religious. There's no smokescreen. 

• Halal 1

On 5/6/2023 at 8:12 PM, CastletonSnob said:
GettyImages-1223659575-scaled-804x536.jp
TALKINGPOINTSMEMO.COM

Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves (R) announced this week he will seek a...

that is one cheesy clip, but the message is direct and to the point…

honestly he should watch the original Django, it has a scene where the bad guy basically releases mexicans from a pen and shoots them as they desperately run away.. if ever there was a visual for the dream GOP border policy  that would be it

He might as well be a Republican at this point.

John_Amos-power-plant-e1665216399357.jpg
WVMETRONEWS.COM

Manchin: 'I will oppose all EPA nominees until they halt their government overreach.'

“This Administration is determined to advance its radical climate agenda and has made it clear they are hellbent on doing everything in their power to regulate coal and gas-fueled power plants out of existence, no matter the cost to energy security and reliability,” stated Manchin, a Democrat who chairs the U.S. Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee.

Manchin said in response, “I will oppose all EPA nominees until they halt their government overreach.”

In a briefing with West Virginia reporters on Wednesday, Manchin had more to say.

“They’re crazy. Totally insane. I can’t clean this up any better than that,” the senator said, elaborating that a reliable electric grid still requires coal production.

“Why can’t this administration understand ‘no means no.’ You’ve got to have it reliable. Coal is basically dispatchable; it runs 24-7. OK, we have renewables. I’m for everything. I’m just not for taking off what I’ve got to have just because you want something you want to have that doesn’t do the job.”

• Guillotine 3