Stop demonizing Trump supporters.

On 11/10/2020 at 9:44 AM, osxmatt said:

I know I'm a broken record, and if you follow me on Twitter, I'm basically a record on fire, but I cannot overstate how big a role Fox News and conservative talk-radio plays in this dichotomy.

It's truly an alternate reality, and with messaging the past few days about voter fraud and election integrity, it's radicalizing their viewers and listeners. I know Republicans have basically co-opted the word "radical" to describe Democrats, but it really is the most accurate word to describe what's going on.

It really is that bad, and its compounded with the fact that they speak with conviction and confidence - which when reiterated often is enough to massively sway a person's opinion.

Now, ironically, when I try to listen to that programming, it very much sounds like the satirical radio stations from a GTA game - even right down to the musical beats and style of inflections in their voices - which I'm sure is a game the majority of these MAGAs love.

15 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

It really is that bad, and its compounded with the fact that they speak with conviction and confidence - which when reiterated often is enough to massively sway a person's opinion.

Now, ironically, when I try to listen to that programming, it very much sounds like the satirical radio stations from a GTA game - even right down to the musical beats and style of inflections in their voices - which I'm sure is a game the majority of these MAGAs love.

except for the parts where they have to play as a black guy. 

Parler is going to turn into a complete and total shitshow. A social network where anything is allowed and is being populated with pissed off right wingers with beef against Facebook and Twitter?

It's going to be a nonstop online white power rally in a matter of weeks.

2 hours ago, ort said:

Parler is going to turn into a complete and total shitshow. A social network where anything is allowed and is being populated with pissed off right wingers with beef against Facebook and Twitter?

It's going to be a nonstop online white power rally in a matter of weeks.

Every "free speech" upstart social media deal always fills up with Nazis and pedophiles.  Everyone else who joins will  have an "Are we the baddies?" moment and silently leave

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I think the only other period in American history that comes CLOSE to the lunacy of the Trump era and Trumpism is McCarthyism... hopefully Trumpism will be regarded in the same light by history.

The fact that people are still unironically calling them "Trump supporters" instead of Trump Fanatics or Zealots is amazing to me. There is nothing normal about this kind of submission of your entire self and your way of life to whatever a politician says. It's really disturbing. No one should treat any other human being on Earth like these people treat Trump, let alone someone as completely fucking useless as Trump himself.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

The fact that people are still unironically calling them "Trump supporters" instead of Trump Fanatics of Zealots is amazing to me. There is nothing normal about this kind of submission of your entire self and your way of life to whatever a politician says. It's really disturbing. No one should treat any other human being on Earth like these people treat Trump, let alone someone as completely fucking useless as Trump himself.

I'm basically considering them Muslim extremists that just have a different God.

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

They’re Christian extremists, and Trump is their emissary from God. 

Nope, I know plenty of them that aren't religious... Trump is their God now. If Trump was moderately more competent he could be the Antichrist. His political defeat could be his mortal wound that he comes back from :devil: