What are you playing today?

Played Rime and some more of The Witness recently.

Having a pretty good time with both.  The Witness in particular is a game that’s grown on me more the further I get.  I’m playing it the ‘wrong’ way, returning to it sporadically every few months, but enjoying it nonetheless.

Rime is good fun.  Very simple but enjoyable ride. There’s just enough interactivity and puzzle challenges there to not make it feel too automated.

God of War ... finally.

Made it to dwarf weapons guy.  Wow!  It’s even better of a game than I was expecting.  Combat feels great, though it’s hard to get a handle on whether to use the axe or hands at the start.

I’m dying a lot.  Probably because I’m stubborn enough not to use rage.  But I took down that higher level tank guy pretty easily after learning how good axe throwing is.

20 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

God of War ... finally.

Made it to dwarf weapons guy.  Wow!  It’s even better of a game than I was expecting.  Combat feels great, though it’s hard to get a handle on whether to use the axe or hands at the start.

I’m dying a lot.  Probably because I’m stubborn enough not to use rage.  But I took down that higher level tank guy pretty easily after learning how good axe throwing is.

hmmm.  I basically never used fists and rarely threw the axe!

Still playing AC: Odyssey.

I am about 40 hours in, ~ level 41.  This game is LONG -- I really think it would be a much better game if they reduced the content by about half.  The story/writing is SOO much better than Origins, so I do want to get through it, but its getting a little bit repetitive.  And I'm guessing I still have 20-30 hours to go (before the DLC).

On 4/2/2019 at 5:19 PM, crispy4000 said:

God of War ... finally.

I know your post is a few days old but:

Hands are a great way to deal stamina damage (or whatever that bar is called in GoW again) which opens enemies up for a critical attack/finisher. This will become apparent later in the game when you do challenges that require taken on tons of enemies at once, stamina damage for finisher is the way to go there as it breaks way quicker than damage sponge-y life bars. 

The game is really good at putting you into scenarios that kind of subtly teach you the value of most moves, or at least for me it was, so you'll get the hang of everything sooner or later. 

Throwing the ax can freeze/stun certain enemies like those burrowing assholes who can otherwise escape, enable you to unlock combo moves with ax recall damage and so on. I think the combat in general is very well thought-out in terms of how each facet works in tandem, you'll see. It was also way better than I expected.

I went through my PS+ games and my library in general and remembered I have so many games unfinished or unplayed (at least by myself).  So I think I may delete Modern Warfare remastered as I keep finding myself playing a game I played too much 12 years ago.  

8 hours ago, atom631 said:

Division 2. 

Also I plan on firing up Borderlands 2 since I never played it. It was only $15 bux on xbox store and with the X1X update I am intrigued. If any Xbox players want to run co-op LMK. 

Hit me up if you want, GT RNGesus37

I'll be playing the remaster of the first game but I can jump into the 2nd if you want to co op. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

Hit me up if you want, GT RNGesus37

I'll be playing the remaster of the first game but I can jump into the 2nd if you want to co op. 

Awesome. I’ll add you. Playing the D2 content tonight so maybe tomorrow!