What are you playing today?

Still working through Shadow of the Tomb Raider.  Definitely different than the previous two games.  Kinda slow-paced.  I realize people wanted more puzzles, less combat, but. .I dunno, it's just been OK so far.   I honestly would like a few more combat encounters, maybe not Nathan Drake level stuff, but a few more.  I'm just walking around a jungle talking to Jonah over the radio(wish he wasn't so prominent in the game honestly).

I'm gonna say this will be my least fav of the three. 

Gorgeous game though.

Red Dead Redemption 2.  I’m on Chapter 6 so doing my best to see of the main game this weekend. I do feel I won’t get the most out of it, like most open games, I play for the story and aim to finish all the main missions, but games like this need the kind of commitment I only had when I was in my early/mid teens and could commit weeks to 100% competing things like Wind Walker.

Just now, mikechorney said:

Assassin's Creed:Odyssey -- I haven't had much time to play games over the last few weeks.  But, I'm now over 80 hours and STILL NOT FINISHED the main game.

OMG.  I have untouched copies of Origins and Odyssey, If I start now, maybe I'd have those done by year's end, lol.

Decided d to restart God of War because sometimes it just feels good to rip shit apart. Hopefully I actually finish it this time. Also finally started Disgaea 1 complete. Haven’t shown my ps4 any love in a long time, now that I got my little gaming man cave set up I figured it’s time to show it some love.

We had a friend of mine over today for some games. We played through Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(original), Turtles in Time, and Battletoads, all on the arcade boards, then finished with a few rounds of Mario Kart 8 and Smash Ultimate. Good times. 

Husband and I are probably gonna play more Shining Force in a bit.

I'm at the very least going to play more Days Gone tonight after he goes to bed.

15 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

We had a friend of mine over today for some games. We played through Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(original)

Isn't that the crappy one with the overworld thing and then you go into the sewers and sucks compared to the arcade game? :p

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Isn't that the crappy one with the overworld thing and then you go into the sewers and sucks compared to the arcade game? :p

17 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

We had a friend of mine over today for some games. We played through Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(original), Turtles in Time, and Battletoads, all on the arcade boards, then finished with a few rounds of Mario Kart 8 and Smash Ultimate. Good times. 

Husband and I are probably gonna play more Shining Force in a bit.

I'm at the very least going to play more Days Gone tonight after he goes to bed.

Reading helps. :p 

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Eh, I was just reading the titles of the games and (original)  was very specific.

Yeah, I specified the original to make sure it was separate from Turtles in Time. I clearly said all three games were the arcade versions. Hell, they'd all have to be to have 3 people playing them.

Don't blame me for you failing to read properly.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited - I picked up the trilogy recently during a sale. I had held off for a while because I felt like returning to these games as an "adult" would be a letdown, as they might be too simplistic to be fun. Well, this first game is pretty simplistic. Getting through a level is nearly 0 challenge. It only gets tough when you try to collect 100% of everything, and even then, there's only a few levels where that's a real challenge. Still, I enjoyed my time revisiting this one. Sometimes you just want to chill with a game, and Spyro provides that.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:32 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Just for future clarity, TMNT 2 on NES is a port of TMNT original for the arcade. Hence why it's full title is "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game"  :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_(arcade_game)