What are you playing today?

Gonna play Shining Force: Final Conflict on GameGear with the husband. We've been meaning to get back to the SF series for a while and it's finally happening. Tried to last night, but ran into some technical difficulties, but I think we've got it fixed now. 

I'll also play some Days Gone later tonight and maybe get a battle in with Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation. 

5 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

finished Crackdown 3 yesterday and today fired up AC: Odyssey...rather than going back to Origins which I was halfway through, lol. Were the shoulder buttons used for attacking in Origins? It's been so long I can't remember, it just feels odd in Odyssey 

Yes they were... right shoulder was light attack,  right trigger was strong attack.

34 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yes they were... right shoulder was light attack,  right trigger was strong attack.

guess that shows me just how long it's been since I played Origins.

I have to say I am enjoying Odyssey quite a bit so far. 

Spoiler

Kassandra shoving the cyclop's eye in the goats ass :lol: 

49 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

Played through Double Dragon II on my NES Classic yesterday.  Still love that game.

I always loved the variety in this game. Lots of cool moves, platforming segments and everything all wrapped into a cool brawler. 

I think I might start Ocarina Of Time this weekend actually...in the mood for some classic shit that won't kick my head in like the last two or three games I've played. 

Also want to start AM2R, the Metroid 2 Remake. I beat it once already and it's really great.

Im still playing FF VI on my iphone. Currently in the magitek factory. Im having an absolute blast with it. Im only hoping that I dont hit some sort of wall and required to grind for 15hrs to level up. 

Im also finally deep into The Witcher 3 after playing for about 15hrs at launch then getting sucked into something else. finally came back and the hooks have sunk. Ive got 27hrs on the clock and just got to Novigrad.

While I am hooked on the game, I have overall mixed feeling on certain things. 

The good: 

• Fully fleshed out world with tons of secrets and cool shit to discover
  • Combat is so much tighter and more fluid than the witcher 2. Feels like a Souls-lite game. I really enjoy concocting potions and bombs before a fight.
  • Having Played RDR2 and then coming back to this game really makes me appreciate how much depth, detail and fidelity they added to this game that is now 4 yrs old. 
  • Movement and freedom over witcher 2 is so much better.
  • Story so far is great and much easier to follow than the witcher 2
  • The color palette is outstanding. From White Orchard to Velen and now Novigrad it really keeps the visual fresh and different. 

The bad: 

• The amount of side-content and "?" are completely overwhelming. Its torture for someone with OCD/Completionist syndrome. I know it can be turned off, but its still insane. 
  • The game suffers from the same issues as most RPGs - Im on an urgent quest! Must save the damsel in distress before the evil ruler gets her.. BUT FIRST!!!! Let me investigate where your peasant husband disappeared to! 
  • Leveling takes too long. At 27hrs in Im only level 12. It makes the overall pacing of the game feel incredibly slow. Also seems mandatory as the jump from the last Velen mission I think was level 6 and the first Novigrad mission is level 10. It required completing a lot contracts and side-quests. 
  • Sidequest mission structure is repetitive - Talk to this person, go to this clearly outlined circle and use your witcher senses to investigate. follow the scent. fight something.

Indifferent: 

• Finding a lot of craftable gear, a lot of it is 10+ level higher than I am at. Id rather continuously find a bunch of cool loot with an occasional craftable item that is badass. However, I am starting to really find a bunch of cool relic items and gear now. Early on it was few and far between

EDIT - and something I forgot - the armor aesthetics in this game are terrible. I look like a fucking court jester more than a badass monster-slayer!!!! 

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Im still playing FF VI on my iphone. Currently in the magitek factory. Im having an absolute blast with it. Im only hoping that I dont hit some sort of wall and required to grind for 15hrs to level up. 

You should be fine, there are all sorts of ways to do a lot of damage so if you do get stuck you there are places where you can quickly grind without needing to spend hours. Further in the game than where you are now there's a spot that speed runners use to gain levels with just a few fights. So at worst you should only need to look up some techniques and good grinding spots.

The real worry is if you're playing the Android version because recent reviewers are complaining about the game crashing after the escape from the magitek factory.

• Like 1