~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

11 hours ago, Boyle5150 said:

Yeah, I read this earlier, and have known this to be the case, but what I was getting at is that there are a lot of people who look at it in terms of being tough.  The thought that they will be fine, or are not worried if they get it, yet have trouble thinking about the fact that even if they are tough and not worried, then they should at least be caring enough for others to understand that it's not about themselves. 

My favorite conversation was with someone who got angry that they should wear a mask and stated something to the effect of “oh, right! And should we wear masks when we have the flu or a cold too???”’(sarcastically) and didn’t know how to respond when I replied “yes, absolutely. People in Asian countries like Japan have done that for over a decade now and it’s reduced deaths from influenza. It’s about protecting those around you.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

My favorite conversation was with someone who got angry that they should wear a mask and stated something to the effect of “oh, right! And should we wear masks when we have the flu or a cold too???”’(sarcastically) and didn’t know how to respond when I replied “yes, absolutely. People in Asian countries like Japan have done that for over a decade now and it’s reduced deaths from influenza. It’s about protecting those around you.”

I have to admit, between wearing a mask in public and my daughter not going to school, I haven't gotten sick with anything this year.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

I do implore everyone here to be a model of courage and refuse to attend your family's Thanksgiving plans.

My entire extended family is hardcore liberal on both sides, and they’re giving us shit for taking a road trip to Michigan’s upper peninsula. To a camp site. With no one around.

I’m a little surprised that my mom’s side of the family voted to not have the big family Thanksgiving. Normally a good 50+ people descend on my cousin’s house in rural Kansas for 2-3 days. I wouldn’t go even in non-pandemic times, since I can’t really get away from work during the holidays. 

Yeah, we had already had a 10pm curfew on bars since June. It didn't really do anything. Now we're probably completely closed again until the end of the year.

The only difference between this lockdown and the last one is that grocery stores actually seem to be staying open their normal hours. Last lockdown, all the grocery stores were open like 9-6. I was like, so you're forcing everyone to shop at the same time during a pandemic, brilliant.

15 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Yeah, we had already had a 10pm curfew on bars since June. It didn't really do anything. Now we're probably completely closed again until the end of the year.

The only difference between this lockdown and the last one is that grocery stores actually seem to be staying open their normal hours. Last lockdown, all the grocery stores were open like 9-6. I was like, so you're forcing everyone to shop at the same time during a pandemic, brilliant.

They were closing at 6 because they were running out of stuff so fast. Some by me are still closing an hour early to allow extra time for cleaning, shelf stocking, etc. 

I think I'm going to take this weekend and really keep an eye on the numbers and consider whether or not I'm going to have thanksgiving with my family or not. 

It would be me, my brother, my mom, and my 94 year old grandfather Thursday, then me, my brother, my dad, and my dad's girlfriend the next. But my dad will be attending one on Thursday I have no information on. I'd be staying at my mom's house both nights. I don't know if I'll be exposed between now and then to bring it home. I don't know if my brother or mom will be exposed. 

The gravity of the decision is finally hitting me, I think. I'll be able to make a better decision come Monday.

The new restrictions should be interesting for when it comes for me travelling to these areas for work. Wonder if my stores will get busier or quieter, but my traffic should be lighter at least. Already seeing panic buying on store shelves and parking lots like Costco are filled to the brim. It gets busy like that, but usually only on the weekend when they use police to help direct traffic. I wonder how long my area of Halton will stay in the Red Zone before they initiate lockdown again. At least I have my PS5 to get me through this. . . . and a ton of weed. 

12 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

:feelsrona: 
I was worried we would be stuck waiting till after christmas for this. We need it now! Sadly it's not all regions but is the ones who need it the most (Toronto & Peel). Hopefully this will help get us back in order again because the half ass measures before did squat. 

3 minutes ago, silentbob said:

The new restrictions should be interesting for when it comes for me travelling to these areas for work. Wonder if my stores will get busier or quieter, but my traffic should be lighter at least. Already seeing panic buying on store shelves and parking lots like Costco are filled to the brim. It gets busy like that, but usually only on the weekend when they use police to help direct traffic. I wonder how long my area of Halton will stay in the Red Zone before they initiate lockdown again. At least I have my PS5 to get me through this. . . . and a ton of weed. 

See told you to keep the PS5. :p 

jUsT sTaY hOmE iF yOuR'e ScArEd

201120070641-02-kentucky-student-dies-co
WWW.CNN.COM

Alexa Rose Veit was born with Down syndrome, was diagnosed with leukemia in July 2019 and just weeks later, went into remission. But Halloween week, Alexa began feeling sick. She was diagnosed with Covid-19 in the following days.

• Sad 3