~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

I know it’s a fools errand, but I’m trying to fathom who or what would pay doctors for claiming someone died of covid. The media? China? Librulz? Well... all of those would make perfect sense to a Trump supporter so I just wasted 30 seconds of my time.

9 minutes ago, Comet said:

I know it’s a fools errand, but I’m trying to fathom who or what would pay doctors for claiming someone died of covid. The media? China? Librulz? Well... all of those would make perfect sense to a Trump supporter so I just wasted 30 seconds of my time.

Hospitals do get a check for each Covid treatment (from insurance companies?). Diagnosis is ~$13k, respirator is ~$39k. I remember it was some big conspiracy nonsense and part of that “plandemic” BS, because the conspiracy theorists were too stupid to realize the check amount they get per patient is what it costs to treat the friggen patient.

15 minutes ago, Comet said:

Both my parents and both my younger brothers are doctors. I only mention this because while of course most doctors are opportunistic, many (most) do feel bound by the Hippocratic oath that they swear. To suggest any noteworthy amount of doctors are "getting checks" to inflate Covid case numbers because it somehow benefits them in some tangible way is hilarious.

I have noticed, generally speaking, only people who don't understand something think that something is screwing them over. Because ignorance loves deflection. Immigrants, healthcare, Muslims, doctors, Covid. Doesn't matter.

My brother has decided to go with a friend to Ottawa to meet another friend for the weekend... This is not a smart idea! I swear to God if he brings the virus home and infects any of us, who then pass it on to someone else, COVID-19 will be the least of his worries! :angry:

• Guillotine 1

I've seen people claim that covid is some conspiracy by the liberals to undermine the election, and I'm just like "so you're saying that GERMANY AND ITALY just shut down again for OUR election?!"

My girlfriend has a penchant for picking up conspiracy theories (don't spend too much time on facebook, kids). I feel like it's my job to be like "honey, who is paying for this conspiracy, why are they doing it, and what are they gaining from it? .... Nothing? Just a vague "them?" Bill Gates? Why should he give a shit, he's richer than God."

My girlfriend doesn't actually believe that, I was just using her as a strawman. Just saying. Asking "who, how, and why?" will often dismantle most conspiracy theories. Like, there are people who still think that 9/11 was an inside job. What is more likely: A) the government covered up a domestic terrorist attack that required thousands upon thousands of people to be in on it, and after almost 20 years NO ONE has talked, or B) it was some religious fanatics that hijacked some planes. And they did talk about it. Immediately.

The thing about conspiracies is that, from my experience, most people aren't very good at keeping secrets.

After several weeks of the UK government saying that we will not enter a second lockdown and that our strategy of using a tiered, locally targeted lockdown system was working...there’s been a reporter leak that the UK will enter a second lockdown on Wednesday to last until December the 1st. Honestly, after this many u-turns by the conservative government you’d think Johnson, Gove and Hancock would have whiplash.

48 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

After several weeks of the UK government saying that we will not enter a second lockdown and that our strategy of using a tiered, locally targeted lockdown system was working...there’s been a reporter leak that the UK will enter a second lockdown on Wednesday to last until December the 1st. Honestly, after this many u-turns by the conservative government you’d think Johnson, Gove and Hancock would have whiplash.

Don't think of it as being locked in your house. Just think of it as your yard Brexiting the rest of the country.

Ohio has told the counties to form their own COVID defense teams and a while back they started a color rating system for counties from yellow to purple.  DeWine has said there won't be any new orders from the state if a county reaches purple, the mask mandate we're under is unenforceable and I've seen more and more people at the store lately not even bother.  This state closed businesses and told people to stay in if they weren't getting supplies when the cases were 300 a day, we had 3800 more today so...

13 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I'm expecting us to lock down at any day. El Paso is the first US city to lock down again.

The problem is there is no stimulus package coming (and I'm only assuming that if Republicans lose the election, they'll just take their ball and go home until February), and a lot of people I know already hit their limit on unemployment benefits. If we shut down again without a stimulus bill, we are well. and. truly. fucked. And the Republicans (if they lose) are probably going to actively try to destroy shit as much as possible before losing their majority.

4 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'm expecting us to lock down at any day. El Paso is the first US city to lock down again.

The problem is there is no stimulus package coming (and I'm only assuming that if Republicans lose the election, they'll just take their ball and go home until February), and a lot of people I know already hit their limit on unemployment benefits. If we shut down again without a stimulus bill, we are well. and. truly. fucked. And the Republicans (if they lose) are probably going to actively try to destroy shit as much as possible before losing their majority.

Yup, this is exactly the issue. Shutdowns are fine when the government is there to undergird the economy. But neither Mitch nor Pelosi have given a damn about getting this done with ample amounts of time. It’s going to be a very rough going for many people this holiday season - deaths and layoffs. Here we go. 

59 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

The lame duck GOP will look at the massive surge in cases, a faltering economy, more job losses, and still say "This is the fault of President-elect Joe Biden and the new Senator-elect Democrats! Why won’t they do anything to help the people?".

FTFY

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 2:25 PM, Jason said:

I hate this line of thinking. So you're saying that all of the hospitals, all over the country, EVERYWHERE are faking huge amounts of these COVID deaths to make extra money? That would be like the biggest fucking conspiracy scandal in the last 50 years or whatever. Is that really your position? great, show me some fucking data or verification or anything at all backing this ridiculous shit up or SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT.

SPREADING INFO LIKE THIS IS FUCKING KILLING PEOPLE. WHEN PEOPLE SPREAD THIS INFO IT IS LEADING TO MORE AND MORE PEOPLE DYING. It's fucking dangerous and these idiots need to shut their fucking face holes.

How is Trump spreading this too? What a god damned disgrace. The man is a legit murderer who is probably directly responsible for at least 100,000 of the deaths in our country.

I consider everyone who supports him to have that blood on their hands too, and they will all be met with instant and powerful condemnation.

I DON'T WANT TO HEAR A FUCKING WORD FROM THIS MURDER SQUAD. THEY ARE ALL DRIPPING WITH THE BLOOD OF OUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES AND FUCK THEM ALL.