~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

15 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I don’t want to live in a country where police forces try to prevent mothers going to the grocery store to feed their children. 

It's bad...but it's also one community and a local issue. Needs to be investigated...but there are worse things going on in every country (including Canada). It's not a giant problem or widespread.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:
c882c973b6254c1a80e4edf6fa6a6a92.jpg?w=1
KDVR.COM

Natural immunity was six times stronger during the delta wave than vaccination, according to a new report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Get ready for a bunch of BS from people who didn’t bother actually reading this.

Correct me if I'm reading this wrong, but what it really seems to mean is: natural immunity from a recent bout of COVID was stronger than vaccine immunity from two doses received more than six months ago using the American dosing method (three weeks apart). And that is for symptomatic infection, not for preventing severe outcome?

15 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Correct me if I'm reading this wrong, but what it really seems to mean is: natural immunity from a recent bout of COVID was stronger than vaccine immunity from two doses received more than six months ago using the American dosing method (three weeks apart). And that is for symptomatic infection, not for preventing severe outcome?

Mostly. Key caveat: “This could be due in large part to the fact that vaccines began wearing off around the time delta spread, according to the study.”… sooooo…. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Mostly. Key caveat: “This could be due in large part to the fact that vaccines began wearing off around the time delta spread, according to the study.”… sooooo…. 

The point that always gets ignored by chuds is also that you need to catch and go through the disease first, in this method. Imagine if you caught some protection from being hit by a car, but first you had to get hit by a car. Okay...

• True 1

26 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The point that always gets ignored by chuds is also that you need to catch and go through the disease first, in this method. Imagine if you caught some protection from being hit by a car, but first you had to get hit by a car. Okay...

So their mentality is whatever doesn’t kill me, can only makes me stronger!?! Wonder what their “winning” percentage is, or how many RBI’s they have (Republicans Born Idiots) 

My husband's great aunt died today. She had been a pretty healthy 80-something, but had to have heart surgery a couple weeks ago. Seemed to be recovering well from that, but suddenly developed what sounds like a severe GI bleed. She was in the hospital in their small town, but they didn't have a surgeon to do the procedure down there. Kept losing blood. They were ready to flight her to wherever yesterday, but all the regional hospitals are desperately full and they had nowhere to send her. So she fucking died.

Fuck the unvaccinated. Fuck these people to hell and back.

• Sad 7

7 hours ago, Firewithin said:

so john stockton is a dumbfuck

fu88t07s5xjzrnkvcpq8.jpg
BLEACHERREPORT.COM

Former Gonzaga and Utah Jazz star John Stockton had his season tickets to Bulldogs games suspended after he failed to comply with the school's mask mandates,...

Also, goddammit, I've been a Stockton fan since childhood. I loved Stockton and Malone. Then I grew up and realized what a dirtbag Malone was and now Stockton.

Your heroes always disappoint you.

23 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Also, goddammit, I've been a Stockton fan since childhood. I loved Stockton and Malone. Then I grew up and realized what a dirtbag Malone was and now Stockton.

Your heroes always disappoint you.

Being an anti mask idiot is one thing but trying to spout that 100s of peak athletes have died from the Vax is looney territory 

image?q=85&c=sc&rect=0%2C0%2C1500%2C750&
PEOPLE.COM

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. suggested that his wife Cheryl Hines was responsible for the invitations to the holiday party, which asked guests to be vaccinated against...

Apparently the two don’t see eye to eye on vaccines. If I had a partner who vocally came out as anti-vac during this pandemic that may be a deal breaker for me.

7 minutes ago, Komusha said:
image?q=85&c=sc&rect=0%2C0%2C1500%2C750&
PEOPLE.COM

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. suggested that his wife Cheryl Hines was responsible for the invitations to the holiday party, which asked guests to be vaccinated against...

Apparently the two don’t see eye to eye on vaccines. If I had a partner who came out vocally as anti-vac during this pandemic that may be a deal breaker for me.

I wonder how many times she plays/hears the shows theme song play in her head after she has a conversation with him (and friends)

• Haha 1