~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

dj.jpg?w=1024
BOSTON.CBSLOCAL.COM

DJ Ferguson was set to receive a heart transplant, but because he is not vaccinated against COVID-19 he is no longer eligible, according to hospital policy.

tl;dr: he's still refusing to be vaccinated, even after being told he'll be denied the transplant

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:
dj.jpg?w=1024
BOSTON.CBSLOCAL.COM

DJ Ferguson was set to receive a heart transplant, but because he is not vaccinated against COVID-19 he is no longer eligible, according to hospital policy.

tl;dr: he's still refusing to be vaccinated, even after being told he'll be denied the transplant

The heart would be better spent elsewhere. Someone might live due to his sacrifice. 

2 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

The heart would be better spent elsewhere. Someone might live due to his sacrifice. 

All these chuds acting like it's not longstanding policy that alcoholics who refuse to commit to giving up drinking don't get liver transplants.

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

All these chuds acting like it's not longstanding policy that alcoholics who refuse to commit to giving up drinking don't get liver transplants.

Getting an organ transplant is a privilege and someone receving one can be denied for all kinds of reasons. If this chud thinks the probablility of living is higher not getting a transplant and not getting a vaccine than the opposite then so be it. Life is full of decisions that involve risk analysis. You can explain something to someone but in the end his life is in his hands.

tl;dr Dying to own the libs :shrug:

Also I should note that the post I made earlier about BA.2 was for informational purposes (in terms of the rise of spread). The actual twitter author is an alarmist. So while BA.2 is spreading and taking over from BA.1 (OG Omicron), there is no indication yet that this will have any worse results for severe illness, etc. It does show how variants will likely be more common now, however, with far more people being infected.

Ugh. So first my top boss says everyone has to return to work at least 40% in-office due to political pressure, but we can get exemptions based on personal circumstance. Then my supervisor/direct boss talked with me, and he agreed to let me continue working from home for at least a few more weeks based on my wife's medical issues. Now, my top boss is saying that is not the case, and if anyone wants to work from home they need to get direct approval from HR (so I had to email them an outline of the situation). My top boss said that if anyone feels uncomfortable working in the office because people are closer than 6 feet without masks (masking only required when moving between cubicles, not while sitting down), the department can get plexiglass sheeting for our desks. Uh...we know that basing Omicron preventing on the fucking 6-foot droplet rule is useless. So dumb.

So I hope HR rules with me. If not, I will likely come in for 40% of each individual day and wear an N95 the whole time, never removing it for drinking or eating or talking. That way I can eat lunch at home, etc. I will be far less productive, but fuck them. There's a reason people in tech are leaving for 50%+ raises at companies that allow 100% WFH. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Ugh. So first my top boss says everyone has to return to work at least 40% in-office due to political pressure, but we can get exemptions based on personal circumstance. Then my supervisor/direct boss talked with me, and he agreed to let me continue working from home for at least a few more weeks based on my wife's medical issues. Now, my top boss is saying that is not the case, and if anyone wants to work from home they need to get direct approval from HR (so I had to email them an outline of the situation). My top boss said that if anyone feels uncomfortable working in the office because people are closer than 6 feet without masks (masking only required when moving between cubicles, not while sitting down), the department can get plexiglass sheeting for our desks. Uh...we know that basing Omicron preventing on the fucking 6-foot droplet rule is useless. So dumb.

So I hope HR rules with me. If not, I will likely come in for 40% of each individual day and wear an N95 the whole time, never removing it for drinking or eating or talking. That way I can eat lunch at home, etc. I will be far less productive, but fuck them. There's a reason people in tech are leaving for 50%+ raises at companies that allow 100% WFH. 

Boomers man

• True 2

Just did a tally of all our masks, since a bunch just arrived that I ordered 3-4 months ago.

• 90 ECAN95 with backloops (my favourite, and the only kind that fit me perfectly)
  • 20 ECAN95 with earloops
  • 60 KF94
  • 70 KN95

The only ones that still haven't arrived are 40 NIOSH N95s from the US. Who knows when that will happen. At this point I am comfortable re-using the ECAN95s multiple times and airing them out, so I think I am good for a long time.

If all you use a mask for in a given day is, say, running into a store for a few minutes, I'm not totally convinced you even need to rotate masks. I open up a fresh mask for doing something high risk like getting on a flight but otherwise don't really worry about it too much, and have been fine. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

If all you use a mask for in a given day is, say, running into a store for a few minutes, I'm not totally convinced you even need to rotate masks. I open up a fresh mask for doing something high risk like getting on a flight but otherwise don't really worry about it too much, and have been fine. 

This is my take on things. I do not spend and significant amount of time in a given place or around people. Just in and out.