~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Actual users this time, not just in a lab.

My weed I swear kept me a-symptomatic with my initial Covid in Late March/Early April 2020. I smoked the most in the household (gram or 2 a day back then) and everyone else suffered severe symptoms. I find it funny and now a little interesting that my long hauler Covid has always been worse then my initial battle, and my weed doesn’t work nearly as well on me. I don’t have the usually THC rush I normally get, or it only lasts 1/3 it’s usually time on me. This lasts a week or 2 after a LC week, but eventually seems to get back to normal before I have my next bout. Can’t wait for my booste, because the vaccine seems to clear my cannabinol receptors. Each day of my 2 shots, my weed was making me feel good once again and flying high. My cousin who hasn’t had any shots, smokes pot and has severe long hauler Covid too. For months now she has been complaining that she isn’t getting the same weed body reaction like she use too. 

I would love to see more studies into this, and what they will find

45 minutes ago, silentbob said:

My weed I swear kept me a-symptomatic with my initial Covid in Late March/Early April 2020. I smoked the most in the household (gram or 2 a day back then) and everyone else suffered severe symptoms. I find it funny and now a little interesting that my long hauler Covid has always been worse then my initial battle, and my weed doesn’t work nearly as well on me. I don’t have the usually THC rush I normally get, or it only lasts 1/3 it’s usually time on me. This lasts a week or 2 after a LC week, but eventually seems to get back to normal before I have my next bout. Can’t wait for my booste, because the vaccine seems to clear my cannabinol receptors. Each day of my 2 shots, my weed was making me feel good once again and flying high. My cousin who hasn’t had any shots, smokes pot and has severe long hauler Covid too. For months now she has been complaining that she isn’t getting the same weed body reaction like she use too. 

I would love to see more studies into this, and what they will find

How long have you been smoking regularly? You can build up pretty strong tolerances as a heavy user, as I'm sure you probably know... it may have nothing to do with COVID.

5 minutes ago, ort said:

How long have you been smoking regularly? You can build up pretty strong tolerances as a heavy user, as I'm sure you probably know... it may have nothing to do with COVID.

With my old job I only smoke maybe 1g a day but didn’t start until March ‘18. On my days off I smoke 1-2g. Most days I say I’m still around the 1-2g, but closer to probably 3-4g on days off/feeling crappy. Probably say I’m I upped my amount daily about 2 years ago after my wrist surgery. Bought myself some Slurricane (Dosidos x Purple Punch) at 29.8% THC and takes longer to hit me then I would expect. Again I’m still on the downslope of my Omicron/LC battle, and could seem stronger when out of it. Although I have grown Dosidos and that shit hit me hard and fast, but again, before I started battling any form of Covid.

Recently, I had a large craving for cola. Haven't more more than a few sips since covid turned it into something quite nasty. That craving had me seeking cola and I got some some from good ol' micky d's. And I am pleased to say it tastes very much normal now. Sometimes it can still have a covid taste when it's flavor mixed with other flavors which are still on my tongue. I had pizza yesterday with a coke on the side and the lingering flavors of the pizza seemed to being out that unpleasant taste on the first sip. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

What about, I don't know, fucking arresting her beforehand?

It unfortunately is not a threat under the law even though the implications are clear.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It unfortunately is not a threat under the law even though the implications are clear.

Don’t they (police/fbi/school board) say that a lot AFTER a school shooting has happened. They might of said/written that but we didn’t think they’d actually follow through with it. 

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

Don’t they (police/fbi/school board) say that a lot AFTER a school shooting has happened. They might of said/written that but we didn’t think they’d actually follow through with it. 

I am sure such things are said, because implicit threats are common but not illegal. Note that she only ever says she will “bring every gun, loaded, and ready” but doesn’t say where or what intends to do with them. If she has a concealed carry permit, she isn’t even breaking the law by coming their strapped.

If she had said she would shoot anybody that put a mask on her kids, that would be against the law.

Just now, sblfilms said:

I am sure such things are said, because implicit threats are common but not illegal. Note that she only ever says she will “bring every gun, loaded, and ready” but doesn’t say where or what intends to do with them. If she has a concealed carry permit, she isn’t even breaking the law by coming their strapped.

If she had said she would shoot anybody that out a mask on her kids, that would be against the law.

yeah but it’s exactly what she said that sounds threatening. Why else would she say “LOADED AND READY” For me at least, that sounds pretty damn threatening and intimidating for anyone arriving/dropping kids off at school Monday. The meeting is about school/mask policy. So, who else would she be making those threats/“remarks” too. That’s how it comes off for me, and I would hazard to guess the same for some other board users here as well. 

4 minutes ago, silentbob said:

yeah but it’s exactly what she said that sounds threatening. Why else would she say “LOADED AND READY” For me at least, that sounds pretty damn threatening and intimidating for anyone arriving/dropping kids off at school Monday. The meeting is about school/mask policy. So, who else would she be making those threats/“remarks” too. That’s how it comes off for me, and I would hazard to guess the same for some other board users here as well. 

Think of it this way, if you were at a bar and got into a confrontation with a person and said to them either

1) I’ll see you outside

or 

2) I’m going to <harm you> outside

1 is an implicit threat of violence, 2 is an explicit threat of violence. 1 isn’t unlawful, 2 is certainly unlawful. If they school board hadn’t cut her off, she very well may have said an explicit threat like “I will shoot anybody that tries to put a mask on my child”.

The closest thing you’ll find in statute and court history will be things like cross burning’s being illegal. But even that, the bar to show that the intent of the cross burning was to be threatening is pretty high even though I think we all know that cross burnings are obviously meant as threats.

Well I think the laws are a little behind and should be updated to at least investigate the person. When guns and stuff are mention, maybe a warrant to investigate their homes/places of work are needed. Who knows what stuff they have shared/written/made at home that could of been legal. Sounds a little like paranoia, probably is,  and I’m not saying we should go all Minority Report either. Im just saying people have fucking lost their shit. Sadly it just takes the smallest of sparks now to send someone off the deep end and nothing seems to be cooling that flame anytime soon.

43 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Think of it this way, if you were at a bar and got into a confrontation with a person and said to them either

1) I’ll see you outside

or 

2) I’m going to <harm you> outside

1 is an implicit threat of violence, 2 is an explicit threat of violence. 1 isn’t unlawful, 2 is certainly unlawful. If they school board hadn’t cut her off, she very well may have said an explicit threat like “I will shoot anybody that tries to put a mask on my child”.

The closest thing you’ll find in statute and court history will be things like cross burning’s being illegal. But even that, the bar to show that the intent of the cross burning was to be threatening is pretty high even though I think we all know that cross burnings are obviously meant as threats.

Implicit threats are certainly illegal if the intent is to cause fear and a resonable person believes the threat is real and imminent. 

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

What about, I don't know, fucking arresting her beforehand?

EDIT - Ah, never mind, we simply perceived in a way which was not intended! The threat to shoot up staff and students was merely rhetorical, and should be ignored.

So how soon until she gets fired from her job, but lands a spot on Fox News?

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The media has been fluffing up Rodgers for so long, gushing over how smart he is, how cerebral and thoughtful. But really, he is just another dumb podcast-bro who thinks he is smarter than he is. And America already has too much of that. I hope the 49ers crush him and he cry-retires to start a crypto-cast. 

• True 2

3 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

The media has been fluffing up Rodgers for so long, gushing over how smart he is, how cerebral and thoughtful. But really, he is just another dumb podcast-bro who thinks he is smarter than he is. And America already has too much of that. I hope the 49ers crush him and he cry-retires to start a crypto-cast. 

As a fellow Seahawks fan it hurts to say it but... I hope the 49ers crush them too.

...Probably not gonna happen though :/