~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 hours ago, Massdriver said:

Nadal beat his body up a lot quicker than Fed, so I didn't really consider Nadal in is prime when Djokovic finally learned how to serve. 

Djokovic started to dominate in 2011 when he won 3 GS and after that Nadal still managed to win 10 GS. Nadal’s career has been weird because he started so young and his playing style has completely destroyed his body.

• True 1

26 minutes ago, Joe said:

Djokovic started to dominate in 2011 when he won 3 GS and after that Nadal still managed to win 10 GS. Nadal’s career has been weird because he started so young and his playing style has completely destroyed his body.

Plus steroids can make your body stronger than your joints and tendons can handle. 

11 minutes ago, sblfilms said:
WWW.WBUR.ORG

Researchers say the number of COVID-19 orphans likely tops 200,000.

This is indeed something society will be dealing with for a generation of children who have experienced an abundance of loss. Easy to forget this when just looking at raw numbers.

The private prison system: :money:

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

The private prison system: :money:

Speaking of prisons...

gettyimages-1235006607.jpg
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

"They said they were vitamins, steroids and antibiotics," one of the plaintiffs told CBS News. "...It was not consensual. They used us as an experiment — like we're livestock."

• Guillotine 2

Always important to mention whenever it comes up: Private prisons are just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the prison industrial complex. Less than 10% of prisons in America are privately run, and that number is going down. And a lot of them are concentrated in a small number of states.

It's more about all the companies that manufacture everything for prisons. The companies that build the steel toilet/sinks, the bunks, the doors, the companies that make all of the commisary items, and that kind of shit that lobby the government to keep prisons chugging. Privately owned prisons are a very small fraction of the prison industrial complex that gets smaller every year since about 2010 or so.

3 minutes ago, johnny said:

@JoeNadal looked pretty good in his opening round match. If he can stay healthy he's going to be the favorite at the FO and could even sneak out a win at the AO. Getting that two major lead on Djokovic would be pretty good. 

It’s what I’m hoping for!

My buttfuck province sucks worse than almost anywhere else in Canada but this might be the one thing we've done well. You can get free RATs through any of the following:

• After getting your booster (get 10)
  • After getting a PCR test (get 5 or 10)
  • Go to the nearest library branch (get 5)
  • Go to the nearest co-op gas station (get 5)
  • Go to the nearest Chamber of Commerce (get 5)

Right now my wife and I have about 15 in our house, but I'll need to go pickup a few more boxes next week.

So of course, now that you can submit to insurance for reimbursement, https://ihealthlabs.com/ has raised their price for a pack of 2 tests from $14+tax+shipping to $20+tax with free shipping. Shipping for 5 2-packs was $8.

So we continue to get gouged because there are a bunch of tests in use in Europe that the FDA just doesn't feel like approved.

3 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

I got 5 tests for $48 from Costco plus free shipping. Pretty good deal. Submitting an insurance claim was easy too!

That's basically the same deal as the site I linked to. Costco has a box of 5 tests, ihealthlabs has boxes of 2 tests and lets you order 5 boxes at a time = 10 tests total. In Europe you can get a box of 20 tests for about $4.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's basically the same deal as the site I linked to. Costco has a box of 5 tests, ihealthlabs has boxes of 2 tests and lets you order 5 boxes at a time = 10 tests total. In Europe you can get a box of 20 tests for about $4.

Fair point but with insurance covering tests, price increases were bound to happen.