~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

WWW.PFIZER.COM

First participants enrolled in clinical trial received Omicron-based vaccine candidate as a two-dose primary series and as a booster dose Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE (Nasdaq: BNTX) today announced the initiation of a clinical study to evaluate the safety, tolerability and immunogenicity of an Omicron-based vaccine candidate in healthy adults 18 through 55 years of age. The study will have three cohorts examining different regimens of the current...

Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE (Nasdaq: BNTX) today announced the initiation of a clinical study to evaluate the safety, tolerability and immunogenicity of an Omicron-based vaccine candidate in healthy adults 18 through 55 years of age. The study will have three cohorts examining different regimens of the current Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine or an Omicron-based vaccine. The study will draw upon some participants from the companies’ Phase 3 COVID-19 booster study and is part of their ongoing efforts to address Omicron and determine the potential need for variant-based vaccines.

There's a cross-country trucker convoy headed to Ottawa to protest the vaccine mandate for truckers crossing into Canada. Over 90% of truckers are vaccinated, but this convoy is not only calling for an end to the vaccine mandate for truckers, but an end to all pandemic mandates (masks, etc). Of course, those are all provincial, but I don't expect these idiots to understand things like jurisdiction. Oh, and some are also now calling for the convoy to become a "Jan 6" for Canada:

Only the best people!

EDIT - Also, the trucker mandate is only for truckers crossing into Canada from the US. And...the US also has a mandate for truckers going the other way.

EDIT 2 - Also, much of the convoy is just jacked-up F150s flying confederate flags and other trash, following a few semis on the #1 highway. 

Looks like a grifter related to the convoy has been caught:

She is a political aspirant, a member of the Maverick Party, which is a pro-separatist party for...Saskatchewan. She claimed to be raising money for the truckers to then pay them for lost wages as a result of the convoy, but it was clearly a scam.

• Like 1

2400.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Low levels of certain antibodies found to be more common in those who go on to develop long Covid

Doctors have discovered an “antibody signature” that can help identify patients most at risk of developing long Covid, a condition where debilitating symptoms of the disease can persist for many months.

Researchers at University hospital Zurich analysed blood from Covid patients and found that low levels of certain antibodies were more common in those who developed long Covid than in patients who swiftly recovered.

When combined with the patient’s age, details of their Covid symptoms and whether or not they had asthma, the antibody signature allowed doctors to predict whether people had a moderate, high or very high risk of developing long-term illness.

“Overall, we think that our findings and identification of an immunoglobulin signature will help early identification of patients that are at increased risk of developing long Covid, which in turn will facilitate research, understanding and ultimately targeted treatments for long Covid,” said Onur Boyman, a professor of immunology who led the research.

• Like 1

The FDA pulled the approval for Regeneron because it doesn't do anything against Omicron.

46SLIKYMBRAC7GYPM46LJ2QE7M.jpg?_a=ATABlc
WWW.NEWS4JAX.COM

Gov. Ron DeSantis, who heavily promoted the use of Regeneron’s monoclonal antibody treatment as a part of his administration’s COVID-19 response, sharply criticized the Biden administration on Tuesday after the Food and Drug Administration announced it had revoked the treatment’s emergency use authorization.

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

The FDA pulled the approval for Regeneron because it doesn't do anything against Omicron.

WWW.NEWS4JAX.COM

Gov. Ron DeSantis, who heavily promoted the use of Regeneron’s monoclonal antibody treatment as a part of his administration’s COVID-19 response, sharply criticized the Biden administration on Tuesday after the Food and Drug Administration announced it had revoked the treatment’s emergency use authorization.

Fuckin rekt. The only reason why he was so gung ho about that particular treatment is because it benefited him and his friends personally. 

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

WWW.NEWS4JAX.COM

Gov. Ron DeSantis, who heavily promoted the use of Regeneron’s monoclonal antibody treatment as a part of his administration’s COVID-19 response, sharply criticized the Biden administration on Tuesday after the Food and Drug Administration announced it had revoked the treatment’s...

God I wish trump got omicron instead of whatever the fuck he got. I will think about this until the day he dies. 

E7ZsCnEUUAMX8PI.jpeg?1643142493
WWW.DAILYKOS.COM

In Los Angeles, a local Ralph's grocery store has been targeted by violent and racist anti-vaxxers, led by far-right organizer Shiva Bagheri. After Shiva was removed by security at a previous anti-vaxxer tantrum at the store, rabid supporters in the...

“ANTIMASKERSCLUB” is run by Ethan Schmidt-Crockett, who has ties to Greyson Arnold, a Nazi supporter who rallies with Los Angeles anti-vaxxers, as reported by CNN.

61eee1082700005f07c6f3e8.jpeg?ops=1778_1
WWW.HUFFPOST.COM

"I refuse to watch my patients die because of absolute chaos that could otherwise be avoided, while, sadly, we are told to keep quiet as the ship we’re on sinks."

This is the kind of shit we've been dealing with all along. The pandemic has just made it worse. After my last three day stretch, this is about how I feel. I lost a patient unexpectedly and this one has stuck with me all of my off days. That usually doesn't happen, but it's been rough lately.

• Sad 3

41 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:
61eee1082700005f07c6f3e8.jpeg?ops=1778_1
WWW.HUFFPOST.COM

"I refuse to watch my patients die because of absolute chaos that could otherwise be avoided, while, sadly, we are told to keep quiet as the ship we’re on sinks."

This is the kind of shit we've been dealing with all along. The pandemic has just made it worse. After my last three day stretch, this is about how I feel. I lost a patient unexpectedly and this one has stuck with me all of my off days. That usually doesn't happen, but it's been rough lately.

Are we failing because multiple other societal structures are collapsing and everything is intertwined?

She completely nailed it.

Pandemics in and of themselves don't break societies.  They expose those underlying fissures that are already cracking and accelerate their collapse.