~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

There is literally no chance they knew the name of the Pfizer pill and didn’t know Pfizer made it. Not saying the user is lying, but somebody at least embellished the story to them.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

There is literally no chance they knew the name of the Pfizer pill and didn’t know Pfizer made it. Not saying the user is lying, but somebody at least embellished the story to them.

It just recently got approved in Canada and has been mentioned a lot on our news cast/ticker news scroll. Plus most hospitals usually play their local CP24 news feed, on the waiting lounge/room TV. Which is pretty much the same news every half hour (like what CNN Headline News was like) Although they probably knew about the pill, but non of the details around it, which the dr did know.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't know why anyone would have a hard time believing that Twitter story... Nobody remembers people saying "Keep your dirty government hands off of my social security!"? People are fucking stupid... news at 11.

Because I guarantee the average person on this board knows a ton more than the average Canadian anti-vaxxer and most of you wouldn’t have been able to come up with the name of the pill without looking it up. I bet most people on this board don’t know the actual names of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines either.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Because I guarantee the average person on this board knows a ton more than the average Canadian anti-vaxxer and most of you wouldn’t have been able to come up with the name of the pill without looking it up. I bet most people on this board don’t know the actual names of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines either.

You could say the same thing about previously unknown things like hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin though; the crazies always find seemingly random things and latch on to them. I can easily see someone of that persuasion being encyclopedic in their vocabulary (especially since the ‘I did my own research’ crowd probably sees vocabulary as a proxy for being knowledgeable about it). 

49 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The chuds have an incredible ability to memorize words and terms, but also know nothing about them.

Also, it's 2022. People have phones with Internet and stuff. Just Google COVID pill on Google or Yandex or whatever these antivaxxers use to find new and just not take note of which pill is Pfizer's and which is Merck's.

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Lmao right? Didn’t even read this when I made my post.

And yes it's believable that some whacko knows the name of a pill but not who makes it. For one thing, have you seen the zany broadsheets that get passed around? Very easy to just leave pfizer's name off, especially considering the creators would presumably know about the anti-pfizer propaganda.

For another thing, conformation bias has magic memory rewriting and selective blindness powers. Also very believable that someone, in this day and age, would learn that pfizer makes the treatment and then promptly forget it.  

3427.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Despite decreasing positivity rates, hospitals continue to struggle amid a surging patient load and staff shortages

New York City and some north-eastern US states appear to be seeing rapid decreases in their numbers of Covid-19 cases in recent days, raising the possibility that the Omicron wave has now already peaked in some parts of America.

In New York City the rolling seven-day average of new cases was less than 28,000 a day on 16 January, down from an average of more than 40,000 on 9 January.

Similar patterns were being observed in the state as a whole and other nearby regions.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sblfilms said:

The exact same people bought horse medicine from pet stores because they didn't trust big pharma, as if Ivermectin is made by a friendly witch in the woods.  

Ugh, my work is making people come back in for at least 2 days per week in the middle of the peak of our Omicron wave for political/PR reasons. I am hoping to get a few-week extension since my wife is having issues managing her hypothyroidism. Her heart rate has been very high and her endocrinologist is trying to stabilize the dosage). I don't want COVID potentially messing with her heart right now.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Ugh, my work is making people come back in for at least 2 days per week in the middle of the peak of our Omicron wave for political/PR reasons. I am hoping to get a few-week extension since my wife is having issues managing her hypothyroidism. Her heart rate has been very high and her endocrinologist is trying to stabilize the dosage). I don't want COVID potentially messing with her heart right now.

Oh man hypothyroidism is the worst. I have it as well.