~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

23 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Who knows what other slave border states like KY would have done. Lots of possibilities!

I briefly dated a girl from Kentucky a few years ago and one of the weirdest things about that experience was finding out that Kentucky is southern. I had always thought of Kentucky as "Appalachian" (read: distinct from southern) but then I found out via her that the 13th star in the battle flag was for Kentucky.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

I briefly dated a girl from Kentucky a few years ago and one of the weirdest things about that experience was finding out that Kentucky is southern. I had always thought of Kentucky as "Appalachian" (read: distinct from southern) but then I found out via her that the 13th star in the battle flag was for Kentucky.

I was in the Navy with someone from Ohio.  He swore that Ohio was a Southern state.  ...A state that shares a maritime border with Canada. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's very much both southern and Appalachian

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc13.com/amp/covid-19-reinfection-nevada-cases-hong-kong-coronavirus-texas-pandemic/6393798/

Nevada officials are reporting what may be the first documented case of coronavirus reinfection in the United States, following similar reports earlier this week from Hong Kong and Europe.

A 25-year-old Reno man with mild COVID-19 symptoms initially was found to have the virus in April, recovered and tested negative twice, and then tested positive again in June. He was much sicker the second time, with pneumonia that required hospitalization and oxygen treatment.

"Genetic tests from each episode showed that viruses were similar in major ways but differed in at least 12 spots that would be highly unlikely from natural evolution of the bug if the man had it continuously rather than being infected a second time," said Mark Pandori, director of the Nevada State Public Health Laboratory.

3 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

I didn't realize just how much the U.K. numbers had went down.

I remember for a while the argument was number of deathes per million in population because the U.S. faired much better in that category than overall deathes.

But as I suspected....we're doing our damnedest to catch up. At rates like this we'll be blowing past Sweden, Italy, Spain, and the U.K. in the next month or two.

Remember the sweet spot inbetween when the cases surged and when the deathes shot back up and it was all, "just due to more testing" and "yeah, but young people are the ones getting it now so the death count will be low".

9 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I didn't realize just how much the U.K. numbers had went down.

I remember for a while the argument was number of deathes per million in population because the U.S. faired much better in that category than overall deathes.

But as I suspected....we're doing our damnedest to catch up. At rates like this we'll be blowing past Sweden, Italy, Spain, and the U.K. in the next month or two.

Remember the sweet spot inbetween when the cases surged and when the deathes shot back up and it was all, "just due to more testing" and "yeah, but young people are the ones getting it now so the death count will be low".

We are behind very few countries in deaths per 1 million atm. I think in a couple of weeks to only Peru will be ahead of us.

On 8/28/2020 at 10:52 PM, marioandsonic said:

PA is north of the mason-dixon line, but full of too many people that think they live in the South

On 8/29/2020 at 8:20 AM, Spork3245 said:

NJ past Burlington County is the same

Unfortunately it's not taught in schools quite well enough that honkeyism can be a state of mind and accumulation of conscious actions as much as geographic location.

1 hour ago, Comet said:

And a couple of expansion wars against Mexico for sure

Even if we let them leave the union war was probably inevitable. The USA isn't going to just sit there and the let the Confederates expand unopposed in Latin America.

9 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Trump isn't content with all the deaths he's already caused. He wants more.

The q crowd, and trumps CDC, has stated that only 6% of the so called covid deaths are from covid, the rest are from people with comorbidities who are obviously irrelevant because they merely died with covid and not of covid so therefore there is no problem

8 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The q crowd, and trumps CDC, has stated that only 6% of the so called covid deaths are from covid, the rest are from people with comorbidities who are obviously irrelevant because they merely died with covid and not of covid so therefore there is no problem

I'm in a Cuban Republican group on Facebook and they literally just posted that 6% stat a minute before I opened this thread.

11 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

"Well, this guy had cancer at the time he died, but obviously it doesn't count as a cancer death since he had lifelong diabetes."

12 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'm in a Cuban Republican group on Facebook and they literally just posted that 6% stat a minute before I opened this thread.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

"Well, this guy had cancer at the time he died, but obviously it doesn't count as a cancer death since he had lifelong diabetes."

This is 100% what they are going for now with the messaging. Can we really blame COVID-19 if the person was already sick with Diabetes, Cancer, or just obesity?

9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

This is 100% what they are going for now with the messaging. Can we really blame COVID-19 if the person was already sick with Diabetes, Cancer, or just obesity?

"We're all going to die eventually anyway, what's the big deal? OPEN UP!"

Next breath: "we are the pro life party"

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

Also, this is America. Doesn't most of the population have a pre-existing condition? Why does the existence of comorbidities make huge death tolls more acceptable? What the fuck?

It's just to deflect from the virus and keep the narrative of it's no worse then the flu. Plus the conspiracy theory of everything is being reported as a covid death even when it's not.