~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

13 minutes ago, SlipperySlope said:

There's a church who does outdoor services nearby and I hear their fucking shit all day. I'm thinking of coming by in my car blasting this, counter warfare.

Hide contents

Blast the heavenly trumpets at them ala Red State....

Spoiler

53 minutes ago, SlipperySlope said:

There's a church who does outdoor services nearby and I hear their fucking shit all day. I'm thinking of coming by in my car blasting this, counter warfare.

Reveal hidden contents

If you're just trying to piss people off the right answer is pretty much always Aborted, just go to the artist page on Spotify and put it on shuffle.

11 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Most of them aren’t even going to know it to be enraged, you gotta go topical.  Blast that WAP at em.

That's why you go with Aborted, it just sounds offensive to people who aren't into that kind of music.

"It's very tough for businesses in related industries to go up against to compete against ads that are misleading," said Barb Grieman, senior vice president of the BBB in Minnesota and North Dakota.

Earlier this week, the BBB dropped My Pillow's rating from an A+ to an F for a slew of reasons, but mainly for a sale the company has promoted on its infomercials.

"My Pillow advertised the 'BOGO' offer, but they did it continuously and that violates not only the BBB rules, but also the FTC rules," Grieman said.

Grieman says after a sale is offered for an extended period of time, "it becomes the regular price."

https://www.wthr.com/article/money/business/bbb-downgrades-my-pillow-to-an-f-rating/531-20ab7060-c0f7-4994-8ecb-0ebbe7265d47

20 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Please tell me this is one of the school districts that went with half days and they're rotating the kids for morning and afternoon to lower the number of kids in at a time.

Yeah, they at least did that. Reporting sickness is on an honor system (pretty much every day the kids have to fill out a paper saying they aren't sick, showing signs of being sick or came into contact with someone ill). My wife thankfully after much fighting got one of the online positions for teaching this year. Which is amazing considering that even with lengthy letters from 3 doctors about her health issues they denied, but the day the state's special session passed a bill allowing school districts to be held liable they instantly found a online position for her. 

Also when she was doing her back to school meetings and the principal of her school was explaining how things would work she was proud that say that they where able to fit more students in each classroom by removing the teachers' desk. They allowed them to fit 2 extra student per classroom with the states guidelines for distancing. 

The medical center in Houston is back at its normal 90-95% of base ICU occupancy, 7 straight weeks of declining hospitalizations. Good trends here. Will be interesting to see what happens case number wise a month from now as most districts will have kids back for in person learning after Labor Day weekend.

4 hours ago, Littleronin said:

Exactly. Half-measures for all. 

It sounded like you were talking about one group of students and that they would just not eat all day until they got sent home with their meals, that’s why Jason asked you that.

I know the reason why has been explained now but it was bothering me so I needed to clear this up.

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Any good articles on what is going on in Spain? Looks like they’ve had one of the more extreme case increases in Europe over the last 6 weeks.

Looking it up, but I did find this:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/08/17/903282953/we-can-t-live-like-zombies-protesters-in-spain-decry-covid-19-mask-mandate

Ha get fucked Spaniards that were making fun of the US over the Michigan protests.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federal/2020/08/20/ottawa-will-move-cerb-recipients-to-modified-ei-in-37b-program.html

chrystia_freeland.jpg

Chrystia Freeland (Deputy PM and now also Finance Minister) has announced that:

• CERB is extended by four additional weeks, until Sept 27 ($500/week)
  • Will be replaced by "simplified EI" for one year ($400/week for 26 weeks+)
  • CRB (new program) for gig workers/self-employed ($400/week for 26 weeks+)
  • CRCB (new program) for anyone who stops working to stay home to take care of kids if schools or daycares close ($500/week for 26 weeks+)
  • Paid sick leave for anyone who gets COVID-19 or must self-isolate ($500/week for 2 weeks)

They can do the first two parts through orders in council, but will need to survive a confidence vote the last week of September to pass the rest. It is expected that the NDP (social democrats) will support them since it strengthens the safety net (though falls short of the UBI that the NDP wants).

The government also revealed that 8.5 million people have used CERB (24% of all Canadians), and that 1 million are still on CERB.

• Like 1