~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

...except that they would denounce him the moment he went after anybody on their side.  I'm fairly certain that Batman would have gone after any Trump supporters that participated in the riots and killed people with guns.

That said, Bane and his followers are what Trump the GOP imagines that the BLM movement is:  A group of disenfranchised poor people and criminals that want to bring down the rich, but only because their leader is secretly manipulating them for his own evil purposes.  Essentially, Bane is the Deep State Leader...or George Soros?

I'm looking too much into this lol

10 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

A billionaire who beats up the poor and mentally disabled?? Who uses his money to buy expensive toys rather than re-investing it in the community to help others? Batman would be the GOP's next presidential candidate.

Batman is kind of a conservative piece of shit's wet dream, isn't he? Why the fuck do I like him so much, lol?

17 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

A billionaire who beats up the poor and mentally disabled?? Who uses his money to buy expensive toys rather than re-investing it in the community to help others? Batman would be the GOP's next presidential candidate.

Nah he does re-invest some money into the community to help others, it's just that Gotham is so corrupt that there are still such bad people (not even counting the supervillains in a world with superpowered humans, aliens, robots, etc. that need someone extraordinary to deal with them) that sometimes vigilante justice is the only way, and some of those funds probably get redistributed back to the mob and other criminals anyway.

Someone I used to work with, and still have on Facebook has been posting conspiracy theories, and other nonsense about Covid, 5G, "The Cabal", and QAnon on Facebook and Instagram. Even had an hour long interview on Instagram with some lady that I can only describe as certifiable ("When you're dreaming, that's when demons will attack you" "Trump will get us closer to that heaven on Earth state, he'll get us to the 4th dimension, but he'll only be able to get us so far, and then we need to dump him for someone else that will get us to the final steps"). I would really like to be able to point out all the errors with what she's sharing, but honestly I think it'll just fall on deaf ears, and she'd probably end up just blocking me.

59 minutes ago, Brick said:

Someone I used to work with, and still have on Facebook has been posting conspiracy theories, and other nonsense about Covid, 5G, "The Cabal", and QAnon on Facebook and Instagram. Even had an hour long interview on Instagram with some lady that I can only describe as certifiable ("When you're dreaming, that's when demons will attack you" "Trump will get us closer to that heaven on Earth state, he'll get us to the 4th dimension, but he'll only be able to get us so far, and then we need to dump him for someone else that will get us to the final steps"). I would really like to be able to point out all the errors with what she's sharing, but honestly I think it'll just fall on deaf ears, and she'd probably end up just blocking me.

I got blocked by an old coworker when I called her out in a post where she said Tom Hanks is a pedophile.  They like living in their own world.

It's honestly just sad. Anytime I see someone I know, even if it isn't well, I just want to help them. It's all so cult like though.

I watched this video today, and it's shocking how many parallels to the AIDS epidemic there are with what's going on today, especially when it comes to people not trusting the experts, and telling people to "do their own research".

10 hours ago, Brick said:

It's honestly just sad. Anytime I see someone I know, even if it isn't well, I just want to help them. It's all so cult like though.

I watched this video today, and it's shocking how many parallels to the AIDS epidemic there are with what's going on today, especially when it comes to people not trusting the experts, and telling people to "do their own research".

Thanks for that video. One of the parts that really stuck out to me was the part where the author at the gay paper was arguing in favor of the sh science saying HIV and AIDS weren’t related. Marginalized people groups often have a lot of distrust of doctors, and for good reason.  Heartbreaking.

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Thanks for that video. One of the parts that really stuck out to me was the part where the author at the gay paper was arguing in favor of the sh science saying HIV and AIDS weren’t related. Marginalized people groups often have a lot of distrust of doctors, and for good reason.  Heartbreaking.

I'd never seen a video from him before, but looking at his channel it seems like he's got a bunch of good topics. 

Also his guest, Adam Conover, is great in Adam Ruins Everything. I liked it when it was just a web series, but now that's it's a TV show I can't watch it since I don't believe I have TruTV unfortunately. 

On 8/14/2020 at 11:25 PM, thewhyteboar said:

Highest number of cases in 4 months. One of the biggest spreaders is a super conservative church. America doesn't have a monopoly on asshole Christians.

So the pastor of this church was just released from the hospital...and gave a press conference where he said that he would "martyr" himself unless the president personally apologized to him and his church. So yeah.

get out no GIF

Nancy Pelosi says she was victim of 'setup' in hair salon mask dispute

Nancy Pelosi has claimed to have been “set up”, after she was photographed in a San Francisco hair salon without a face covering, breaking the city’s coronavirus prevention rules.

“I take responsibility for trusting the word of the neighborhood salon that I’ve been to many times,” the House speaker said on Wednesday afternoon, as reported by the San Francisco Chronicle. “It was a setup, and I take responsibility for falling for a setup.”

Security camera footage obtained by Fox News showed Pelosi, the House speaker and the most powerful Democrat in Washington, walking through the e Salon SF with a mask around her neck. The footage was filmed on Monday.

“I think that this salon owes me an apology for setting me up,” she said, adding that she had been “inundated” with comments from people in the hair service industry, thanking her “for calling attention to this” and saying “We need to get back to work”.

“Many [are] annoyed at the setup,” she said, “that was there for a purpose that has nothing to do with ending the crisis.”

Pelosi said she had worn her mask round her neck because she had “just had my hair washed. I don’t wear a mask when I’m washing my hair. Do you wear a mask when you’re washing your hair? I always wear a mask … And that picture is when I just came out of the bowl.”

LOL, in Los Angeles it's outdoors only and no hairwashing. I know this is being pushed by Fox but fuck you Nancy, you're the one who chose to make this happen.

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

LOL, in Los Angeles it's outdoors only and no hairwashing. I know this is being pushed by Fox but fuck you Nancy, you're the one who chose to make this happen.

In San Diego we recently crossed some threshold and now can have indoor hair cuts

I guess they made a tier list: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/COVID19CountyMonitoringOverview.aspx

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH Document Library/COVID-19/Dimmer-Framework-August_2020.pdf