~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah I saw those tweets... how long has this shit been going on? I had no idea. I mean I'm not heartbroken or anything, at the end of the day Fuck Ice Cube. But it's still a damn shame.

Think about a month ago with corona conspiracy shit.

12 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Motherfucker has two moves, I’m surprised he hasn’t blamed corona on people kneeling for the anthem.

Its standard nationalism really, any problems are not our fault and always someone else is the cause, whether its a group of people or a nation.

https://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-made-this-injured-warehouse-worker-sit-10-hours-a-day-doing-nothing/?ftag=CAD-03-10aaj8j

Gallagher is on workers' compensation after being injured at his warehouse and has a doctor's order to stay seated at work at all times. He had previously been working a desk job for a nonprofit as part of an Amazon program that lets employees temporarily volunteer in their communities while still getting paid. When coronavirus infections started spiking in March, Gallagher said that program was paused and he was called back to his warehouse.

At first blush, money for nothing might sound like a good thing, especially during a recession that's put tens of millions of people out of work. But Gallagher said he was worried that coming into work was endangering his family's health during the pandemic, which has killed more than 110,000 Americans, many of them sick and elderly. Gallagher's father-in-law, who has suffered five heart attacks, has diabetes and uses an oxygen tank most of the day, lives with him.

So Gallagher tried repeatedly to get an unpaid leave from work but was twice denied. After he appealed the first denial, he was denied again this past Friday. He was approved for leave on Monday, two hours after CNET contacted Amazon.

"I thought it was a great company, until all of this started happening," Gallagher said. "The way they've done all of this, the way they've treated me at this point, you know, this whole process, this makes me see them in a whole different light."

15 hours ago, silentbob said:

Warner Bros delays Tenet to July 31st I can see this as the first of a couple delays for this movie. I don’t think theatres will be back really until 2021 (if these spikes or continuation of the initial wave are still happening) 

Them damn Mexicans ruined my summer movie theatre watching 

It’s going to be such a 2020 move when Bad Boys for Life is not only the biggest box office draw of the year, but the top contender for the Oscars.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Wait, Ice Cube tweeted that?! He's a Trumper????

The wild thing is he's not even a Trumper, I don't think. Example:

I think he may think COVID is a white man conspiracy to oppress black people via the police? 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jason said:

The wild thing is he's not even a Trumper, I don't think. Example:

I think he may think COVID is a white man conspiracy to oppress black people via the police? 

Not specifically a white man, but it looks like he thinks it's a government conspiracy to oppress BIPOC.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

The part about comparing being made to wear a mask to having a cop kneel on your neck, and the applause it gets...:facepalm:

I wear a mask whenever I go running, and I’m at the point where I’m pretty sure I could inhale a Cuban cigar in one drag without even coughing afterward.

Fuck these pussies whining about the oppressive mask.

• Haha 1

Just now, MarSolo said:

I wear a mask whenever I go running, and I’m at the point where I’m pretty sure I could inhale a Cuban cigar in one drag without even coughing afterward.

Fuck these pussies whining about the oppressive mask.

Are you serious? I can't breathe through my nose with it on.

28 minutes ago, Jose said:

Are you serious? I can't breathe through my nose with it on.

Dead serious. Broad Street Run was canceled in early May so I ran ten miles regardless on the day it was supposed to be, wore a mask and everything. 

LUNGS OF STEEL.

I’ve been wearing a mask here and there during my home gym workouts to prep for when the actual gyms reopen (to see which works best in terms of being able to breath). Anti-dust masks were near impossible to breath heavily in, cloth-based medical masks were a lot better, however, motorcycle bandanna/face-scarf masks are the best (by far) for workouts IMO:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082Y5FVJ3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4At5Eb0DCMQ61

Beijing reimposes lockdown measures after new Covid-19 outbreak (The Guardian)

Parts of Beijing have reimposed lockdown measures after a cluster of locally transmitted coronavirus cases emerged nearly two months after the Chinese capital appeared to have stamped out the virus.

The outbreak, linked to a major wholesale food market, raised serious questions about the challenges of keeping the disease at bay, even in countries such as China where authoritarian rule allows harsh containment regulations and invasive tracing systems.

59 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

At the rate we're going, we'll probably be shut down again by August. At least parts of the country that give a shit will...

My one friend is planning to fly out and visit in September.

That thought of that is one of the few things keeping me going.

3 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Six people test positive, so they test hundreds more, find 45 asymptomatic cases and plan to test 10,000 more that work at the market where the outbreak occurred, all the while reimposing lockdown measures.

That's how this pandemic should be handled everywhere. Sadly, we'll suffer with this for far longer than we need to because few countries are responding in such a manner. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I’ve been wearing a mask here and there during my home gym workouts to prep for when the actual gyms reopen (to see which works best in terms of being able to breath). Anti-dust masks were near impossible to breath heavily in, cloth-based medical masks were a lot better, however, motorcycle bandanna/face-scarf masks are the best (by far) for workouts IMO:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082Y5FVJ3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4At5Eb0DCMQ61

That's bc they don't really work :p

5 minutes ago, Jose said:

That's bc they don't really work :p

The facial scarf? How so? It’s the same material as the ear hanging ones 90% of people are wearing. It’s just looser and larger allowing easier breathing (it wraps down past and around your neck)

3 hours ago, Jason said:

The health director in Ohio stepped down this past week too, I figure it was also because people were going to her house to protest along with the fact she was named in a suit by the company that owns Cedar Point for the shutdowns.  Idiot former coworkers on my Facebook feed were calling her an unelected facist.