~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

8 hours ago, Anathema- said:

The whole point is to constrict your breathing. If it's easier to breathe in than a basic surgical mask then the protection it's providing is basically nothing.

The “whole point” is to block mucus particles that carry the virus from escaping and/or entering, actually. Look at what I linked to and explain how it’s ineffective compared to an ear-hung mask. This provides more air-isolation and coverage than an ear-hung mask.

I’m assuming @Jose didn’t click the link and saw “bandanna” and assumed it was an actual bandanna tied around the face like a bank robber in a western, which actually is less effective due to being so open. You have to pull this over your entire head and is elastic; it doesn’t wrap or tie. The reason it’s easier to breath in it during exercise is because of how it hangs from your nose and isn’t grasping your chin (but instead, your neck) so you aren’t sucking on the fabric when breathing heavily.

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

4759-FE10-712-D-4859-9-C14-5-B3783-A5199

Not surprisingly America's collective reaction to Covid has been the equivilent of dieting like, "Well, I had a small breakfast and a healthy lunch, so I think I get away with having a double decker sandwich and bag of chips to end the day....".

17 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I guess the good news is that the United States probably isn't going to experience a second wave...

...because the first one will never actually end.

And everyone should get their outrage out of the way now for when Trump proudly proclaims that his leadership prevented a second wave.

44 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The first "wave" will be a blip compared to what's to come in some states.

Yup... because it's gonna hit The South and parts of the midwest HARD. I'm not convinced that it doesn't hit NY and NJ again hard. I went from seeing nearly everyone wearing masks and very few people on the street to a BUNCH of people hanging out in groups with NO masks on. In a matter of a week :|

Even people that I personally know that know better are letting their guards down. One of boys who is NOT a gym rat was talking about going to the gym... for reasons I don't know.

Wife and I are going to get the antibody test done tomorrow.  She had it done already about a month ago and it was negative, but I guess that particular test wasn't very accurate.  So I figure if both of get the antibody test done, the results may be better?

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

I wonder if 2020 in the US will come to be known as the Long May.

wjhd7E9.jpg

I wonder if they put "2.0 million+" instead of an exact number because they realized our totals were so high it was going to fuck up their formatting.

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

You tell um, Mr. President!

PACK EM IN, PACK EM IN!

I hear the LAMESTREAM media also gets mad when you double kiss all your fans on the cheeks like a mob boss. Better do that too just to own those libs!

The unfortunate part of the mishandling of the US response is that it makes the first lock down entirely pointless for a lot of states. Millions of jobs were lost and thousands of businesses shuttered...for nothing. Some places like NY might come out of this okay and better prepared, but many (especially in the south) appear to be okay with just reopening and letting the virus run its course.

The Isle of Man has fully removed any lockdown restrictions, bar free travel to and from the island. They've been virus free for a number of weeks, all possible cases have been tested and (despite some criticism over abuse of power) have been very, very strict on people breaking lockdown - either significant fines or arrests. 

Then where I live, we're all still told to wear masks, R-rate may be over 1, but it's fine and we'll open shops so people can queue for 2 hours to buy cheap clothes.