~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

24 minutes ago, nublood said:

He's kinda not wrong though...

Using a power the Constitution of this country affords in case the executive branch becomes too powerful and subverts the law will destroy said country?

Nah. Letting him get away with crimes would hurt the country and cause a wound from which the country will not heal.

Trump spent this entire weekend firing off nearly 100 angry, hateful, and conspiratorial tweet and retweets.

He is getting worse and we are no where near the bottom. If he is rejected at the ballet box next fall, the period between November and January will be frightening. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Just have to wonder what someone is thinking if their pastor is advocating a civil war because a serial sinner was removed from the highest office.

It’s a bit like Israel. Republicans don’t actually support Israel, they *need* Israel for Armageddon. 

I think a civil war is much the same. Many want a violent crusade to die for. 

Ukraine’s former top law enforcement official says he repeatedly rebuffed demands by President Trump’s personal lawyer to investigate Joe Biden and his son, insisting he had seen no evidence of wrongdoing that he could pursue.

Here's the thing that, for me, makes this so incredibly clear cut: 

In an interview, Yuri Lutsenko said while he was Ukraine’s prosecutor general he told Rudolph W. Giuliani that he would be happy to cooperate if the FBI or other U.S. authorities began their own investigation of the former vice president and his son Hunter but insisted they had not broken any Ukrainian laws to his knowledge.

Even with his incredibly corrupt group of assembled lackeys, Trump couldn't get the Justice department to open an official investigation into Biden. If he had, there would actually be some cover here. It would still be corruption, but at least there could be some fiction to hold up that Trump was working on behalf of the country, furthering the cause of American justice. Without an American lead investigation, there's just no possible explanation other than the obvious.

6 hours ago, nublood said:

He's kinda not wrong though...

The nation will definitely be divided, but civil war?  No way--it's not as if, should Trump be removed from office, the Democrats will get to pick their favorite replacement.  If Trump indeed gets removed--which won't happen anyway, but even assuming it did-- the half of the nation that feels aggrieved will suddenly have a rational conservative in the executive chair to represent their interests. 

I wouldn't even be surprised if large swathes of Republicans secretly breathe a sigh of relief along with Democrats should it somehow impossibly happen--the former get to vote for Mike Pence, who will likely spend less time tweeting infantile tantrums and more time responsibly governing, and the latter don't have to worry about four years of a completely unhinged Trump.

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I'm sure Republicans will come around

I've always wondered about his approval ratings.  He has that rock solid 35% or so base, and his approval among Republicans usually hangs in the 90s.  Are republicans that small of a party by numbers compared to democrats?

6 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Just have to wonder what someone is thinking if their pastor is advocating a civil war because a serial sinner was removed from the highest office.

Well, they believe all of the other ridiculous lies from their pastor, so what's one more?

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Trump Pressed Australian Leader to Help Barr Investigate Mueller Inquiry’s Origins https://nyti.ms/2oJL1jT

10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

This is one helluva back to back. 

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I hope they nail that fat fuck to the wall.

There are a lot of despicable people in Trumpworld, but Barr may be second only to Donald himself.

What more needs be said besides that Jefferson Beuregard Sessions III looks like a goddamn paragon of virtue compared to your conduct.

He's like Grahmn. Perhaps his biggest sin is that unlike a lot of these guys, he is clearly intelligent enough to know exactly what he is doing wrong.