~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

14 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Polling is pretty steady on him, majorities disapprove, majorities approve of impeachment, unless 3rd parties pull a ton of votes like in 16 i don't see how the GOP sees this and says this is a winning strategy.

What worries me is how seemingly unworried the GOP and Republican Senators seem to be about all this, including the upcoming election. 

Either theyre taking a “what will be, will be” mind set, or they really think they will beat this and win the Presidency in 2020 with Trump. I just don’t know that confidence is coming from. 

14 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Polling is pretty steady on him, majorities disapprove, majorities approve of impeachment, unless 3rd parties pull a ton of votes like in 16 i don't see how the GOP sees this and says this is a winning strategy.

It isn't any more complicated than Trump's hardcore base. His base will follow him into hell and that's a good 1/3 of eligible voters. Republicans know they aren't winning any elections without that chunk of the populace in tow.

14 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

It isn't any more complicated than Trump's hardcore base. His base will follow him into hell and that's a good 1/3 of eligible voters. Republicans know they aren't winning any elections without that chunk of the populace in tow.

These people are going to vote republican anyways, and going down this road like they are and still losing is going to be far more catastrophic.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

These people are going to vote republican anyways, and going down this road like they are and still losing is going to be far more catastrophic.

They'll vote for whatever party Trump tells them to. Either that or Republicans are back in a Tea Party position, only with Trump's endorsements controlling the movement.

Establishment Republicans number one hope is to kiss up to Trump now and marginalize his kids so this Trump movement dies with him.

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

What worries me is how seemingly unworried the GOP and Republican Senators seem to be about all this, including the upcoming election. 

Either theyre taking a “what will be, will be” mind set, or they really think they will beat this and win the Presidency in 2020 with Trump. I just don’t know that confidence is coming from. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re privately worried; but publicly, going against Trump within the party has mostly been a political loser.  Look at how the base is ready to burn Romney in effigy.

The ones that end up supporting impeachment will probably be ones in districts and states that aren’t dominated by Trump’s base who are betting that things are going to get so bad that if they don’t distance themselves from Trump now they’ll wind up with egg on their face.

From a narrow how-do-I-get-re-elected political perspective it’s quite the gamble.  No one knows how this is going to play out, there aren’t many good historical guides to help in making educated guesses, and the risks in defying Trump’s base are high, even in swing states/districts.

56 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

It's soon going to match trumps approval/disapproval then sit there because Republicans are cowards/complicit.