~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

1 minute ago, Jason said:

The longer Nancy Pelosi draws this out, the more time Fox News and conservative talk radio have to run interference and disinformation.

I thought Thanksgiving would be too quick. Noe that date would be far too long.

It's kind of baffling me that this is a "thing" this time, since we saw Trump already do this with Russia and Clinton's emails. The only thing different is now he is the president rather than running for it. Which I guess there is a good argument for that making a difference, but no one should be surprised or doubt it in any capacity.

30 minutes ago, legend said:

I think the best outcome is Trump's own name becomes associated with stupid corruption, ironically sort of inverting the original meaning of the word "trump."

Oh I have zero doubt whatsoever that any future act of openly admitted political corruption will be called a trumpism.

16 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

The longer Nancy Pelosi draws this out, the more time Fox News and conservative talk radio have to run interference and disinformation.

I thought Thanksgiving would be too quick. Noe that date would be far too long.

Conservatives are pushing for a quick investigation and vote. They don't want this drawn out, as they can then put it behind them, and claim they were exonerated by the trial in the Republican senate. Short proceedings don't give chance for public support to increase (to 55-60% as is Trump's approval) and investigations to continue in earnest. This also allows Dems to control the narrative for once.

Trump's average approval has gone down recently, measurably, though not terribly significantly. This is no coincidence. This is why conservatives want to put this behind them.

5 hours ago, legend said:

It's kind of baffling me that this is a "thing" this time, since we saw Trump already do this with Russia and Clinton's emails. The only thing different is now he is the president rather than running for it. Which I guess there is a good argument for that making a difference, but no one should be surprised or doubt it in any capacity.

It's not that it's substantively different, it's just an easier case to make. It's actually easier in part because it's the second time and yes, because he's president and not a candidate.

4 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Unless Dems do not think the hearings and testimony will be of any use or damning to Donald, these should be open to the public. Not done behind closed doors. 

If if you’re gonna do it, do it right. 

Well this was just a deposition which, I believe, is a precursor to testimony. Also depositions are better to take in a quiet place rather than in an open hearing. And I don't think it's not public, the information is coming out.