Update: first hearing in Trump classified documents case set for July 18

As seen on reddit:

"People keep talking about how this is unprecedented, but on average, American presidents are indicted 1.54 times per president.

We've had 46 U.S. Presidents, and they've been indicted on a total of 71 felony counts. Here's how it breaks down:

Presidents 1-44: 0 

President 45: 71

President 46: 0"

:] 

• Haha 13

20 minutes ago, Nokra said:

As seen on reddit:

"People keep talking about how this is unprecedented, but on average, American presidents are indicted 1.54 times per president.

We've had 46 U.S. Presidents, and they've been indicted on a total of 71 felony counts. Here's how it breaks down:

Presidents 1-44: 0 

President 45: 71

President 46: 0"

:] 

This should really be a weighted average.

:dab:

10 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It’s also the photo. 

The one of sad Trump with America metaphorically looming over him? I’m kinda curious what you see when you look at it.

10 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I guess it looks kinda patriotic, with him descending the airplane stairs under a big flag. I can’t see his face in detail on mobile. 

They framed it like a big hero pose thing. I think it helps to see it contrasted against the pictures other publications went with, e.g.

the-washington-post-041204904.webp

los-angeles-times-095318480.webp

• True 1

34 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Can't read it due to paywall :( 

I mean the headline is basically the entire story. They're using his statements about Hillary mishandling classified information to demonstrate he knew he shouldn't be doing what he did with these documents.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I mean the headline is basically the entire story. They're using his statements about Hillary mishandling classified information to demonstrate he knew he shouldn't be doing what he did with these documents.

I know, but I'd like to read the specific lines and how the prosecution utilizes them.

40 minutes ago, silentbob said:

spacer.png

There may be more to it, but don't we pretty much know by reading between the lines that he is STILL withholding at least some documents?

There is the old saying about giving someone just enough rope to hang themselves, but in this case it's been all rope.....

12 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Why do I still feel like Trump is going to be the GOP nominee, even if he's under house arrest or behind bars?

Wouldn't surprise me if the GOP and MAGA dipshits at large see his indictment as proof that he's being unfairly targeted, thus strengthening their resolve. It's a cult; no matter what evidence comes to light, it's going to be a hard sell that they've been hoodwinked. :/ 

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the GOP and MAGA dipshits at large see his indictment as proof that he's being unfairly targeted, thus strengthening their resolve. It's a cult; no matter what evidence comes to light, it's going to be a hard sell that they've been hoodwinked. :/ 

Imagine Trump running a campaign ad like this

• True 1

The idea of trump still running for president and perhaps even being nominated again seems so ridiculous that it’s only the fact he was elected the one time that I don’t dismiss it as a possibility.

I think it’s important to remember that it’s REALLY dumb that he is still a major contender for the presidency. 

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, Nokra said:

I was watching something that said that Trump's polling numbers always get a boost when something like this happens. So yeah the party of law and order sees criminality as a positive.

• Halal 1