Update: first hearing in Trump classified documents case set for July 18

30 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

What are the odds he didn't have much a nefarious purpose than showing cool classified stuff to his dumb rich guy friends?

It is almost certainly exactly this. The man is fragile, obsessed with how people perceive him. Keeping classified docs out on the desk is just part of him trying to make people think he’s important.

Which is even stranger because he obviously *is* an important figure 😂

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

It is almost certainly exactly this. The man is fragile, obsessed with how people perceive him. Keeping classified docs out on the desk is just part of him trying to make people think he’s important.

Fred really did a number on his dumb, orange, entitled, ignorant head. 

I had no idea there was an entire Wikipedia page devoted to all of Trump's "legal affairs" over the many decades. It's so long I forgot just how long (over 4,000 cases!). Mind boggling this is only his second indictment ever when you take a gander at this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_affairs_of_Donald_Trump

So now we have:

1. Trump indicted for the hush money Stormy Daniels payment, this is a criminal case

2. Trump indicted on the classified documents case, this is a criminal case

3. Trump is found liable for "sexual battery" (aka rape) and defamation in a civil suit for damages, E. Jean Carroll may have another bite at that apple again (for a third time!) due to the CNN Town Hall where he defamed her again, this is a civil suit

Let's keep it going.

whelp hopefully they can get her replaced/move it to the next court level quickly 

Trump-Appointed Judge Is Said to Be Handling Documents Case

09trump-docs-indictment-blog-cannon-face
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

It was not clear whether the judge, Aileen M. Cannon, would remain assigned for the entirety of the case. A higher court criticized some of her rulings in the investigation.

Screenshot_20230609_102511_Bluesky.jpg

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

whelp hopefully they can get her replaced/move it to the next court level quickly 

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

It was not clear whether the judge, Aileen M. Cannon, would remain assigned for the entirety of the case. A higher court criticized some of her rulings in the investigation.

This cookie is so dry

• Sad 1

And this is for the Southern District of Florida venue.  There could still be charges related to the documents case in Washington DC, and maybe even NJ, as that's where Trump was attempting to show those writers the classified document on a hypothetical invasion of Iran.

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Don't forget about the upcoming civil trial against the Trump Org in NYS.  If the Trump Org is found liable, the penalties may very well wipe him out of money (assuming he has any liquid assets).

Agreed, I was just only listing verdicts given so far. Many more currently ongoing legal cases we'll all want to keep an eye on, both criminal and civil.

Nobody ever admits racism and bigotry so we will never know how many people truly believe this goober should be president even NOW, but I still feel it’s a large enough percentage of people that fucking S T U P I D that I’m not surprised I somehow got ran over while sitting on the grass in a park.

I’m constantly impressed highways aren’t literal deathtraps of never ending car crashes. It’s also amazing as many people are able to learn how to speak a language and walk as well. I would think a lot of those people simply wouldn’t be able to figure out either of those two things.

• True 1

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Trump has said he kept the documents because Nixon got paid $18million for his documents. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

that poor woman she must be racking her brains trying to decide whether she throws the case out of court outright or whether to just run a shamble court

I’ve said it in the past, but Mary Trump’s book is a fascinating look into that family’s psyche, but especially Donald. Fred did a number on those kids. Fred Jr. was seemingly a decent guy but he craved his dad’s approval so much that he practically slept in a whiskey bottle because his dad only cared about him following in his footsteps rather than being an airline pilot, which is what Fred Jr. truly loved.

Donnie on the other hand saw that and decided to be as cruel as his dad, and he directed it at his older brother. There’s a funny chapter where Fred Jr. tries to teach him fishing while out with his buddies and Donald just ends up breaking the pole in half out of frustration because all of the guys made fun of him. 

And again, this is a guy who when he got elected, people like Paul Ryan said he’d “learn on the job” which is a terrifying thing to say about someone who was about have access to the nuclear codes and a shit ton of classified materials. So I’m not shocked that a guy who thought you needed an ID to buy groceries just leaves classified documents in the bathroom. 

• Halal 2

51 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Documents in the bathroom? Did he just have fuckin top secret classified documents sitting in a magazine rack like it's light reading material for the john?

Un-fucking-real 

20230609_123904.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Wait, I was making a bad analogy about documents in the bathroom. You mean to tell me he ACTUALLY had boxes of classified documents just sitting in the bathroom blocking the shower???

Hilarious, right? Well except for the whole threat to national security thing.

4 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Hilarious, right? Well except for the whole threat to national security thing.

I’m browsing Twitter and now I’m seeing people bring up that old Tucker Carlson interview with Kid Rock where he mentions Trump showing him maps and other stuff regarding NORTH KOREA.

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

At least he kept the area around the toilet clear. You know, so you can still use it.

That also means there is a not-zero percent chance there's piss splash on those boxes.

That’s 4d super soldier dna. That’s why the government wanted them back!

• Shocked 1