Update: first hearing in Trump classified documents case set for July 18

This thread is like the opposite of the old SCOTUS thread where there would be a sinking dread every time it would get bumped during Trump's term.

With this thread when I saw a shit ton of activity in just an hour or two it was like Christmas morning...

dis-gon-be-gud.gif

It is interesting to see all this happening. For the longest time I was confident that charges should be brought because it was the right thing to do and maybe it could contribute to his political defeat. But also confident that Trump would never actually see the inside of a jail cell.

But man, with all these charges AND Georgia's still to drop....there are literally dozens of pending charges against him any one of which could potentially put a 76 year old man in prison for the rest of his life.

It hits you that this is not a hypothetical scenario anymore. Very strong chance that in 2 or 3 years time Donald Trump will either be serving his second term in the White House or serving the rest of his life in a prison cell.....

• True 2

10 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Come on my guy. 

6 minutes ago, Chadatog said:

I'm sure he just meant the uninformed undecided independent voter who will most likely be deciding the 2024 election in 3-4 states.

A handful of states will determine the outcome of the next election.  If independent voters in those states see that "Oh shit Trump's entire legal team from when he was President turned on him", they will be less likely to vote for the guy.

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

I still can't rest easy about 2024 unless this fucking asshole is behind bars.

He’ll never be behind bars. Even when he’s convicted in DC of these charges, he won’t serve jail time, and within a year of his conviction, SCOTUS will overturn it on appeal. 

• Guillotine 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

A handful of states will determine the outcome of the next election.  If independent voters in those states see that "Oh shit Trump's entire legal team from when he was President turned on him", they will be less likely to vote for the guy.

My brother in Cthulhu, the weather on election day is going to have a much greater impact on your likely imaginary voters than whether or not Trump's legal team, of whom they could name maybe one person, flips on him. They probably think that Cheesebro is Burger King's answer to The Hamburglar and not a real guy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chadatog said:

I'm sure he just meant the uninformed undecided independent voter who will most likely be deciding the 2024 election in 3-4 states.

90% of the time they just vote against the incumbent so they can say they wanted change and are not partisan. 

I was downstairs at my loft in downtown Banff and had CNN on upstairs and they had some guy going on about the 1st amendment and free speech saying this puts us in a constitutional crisis because Donald Trump isn’t able to literally do anything he wants ever to this country.

Fucking CUCKS to give that guy any airtime. Actually bothered walking upstairs (i did not know this was going got be a loft) to turn it off even though my leg is a bit sore and was leaving anyway, to just make sure I’m not giving them any more ad money while I’m out.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I was downstairs at my loft in downtown Banff and had CNN on upstairs and they had some guy going on about the 1st amendment and free speech saying this puts us in a constitutional crisis because Donald Trump isn’t able to literally do anything he wants ever to this country.

Fucking CUCKS to give that guy any airtime. Actually bothered walking upstairs (i did not know this was going got be a loft) to turn it off even though my leg is a bit sore and was leaving anyway, to just make sure I’m not giving them any more ad money while I’m out.

That was one of Trump’s new lawyers:duckhuntdog:

2 minutes ago, silentbob said:

That was one of Trump’s new lawyers:duckhuntdog:

Yeah I was going to add that lol even if he’s one of his lawyers and normally if these were real actual people then it would be relevant to have them on. But you know what the deal is and you know you will get nothing of value and all it does is broadcast their shitty brainwashing BS to their viewing audience. It’s a disservice to the public to give these grifters a second of air. 

Thank God this finally happened, but it really should not have taken two and half years and a Special Counsel, and I'll forever be pissed at Chris Coons for saying that Democrats called zero witnesses during the second impeachment trial because they all had to get home in time for Valentine's Day.

• Guillotine 2

Just now, Ricofoley said:

Thank God this finally happened, but it really should not have taken two and half years and a Special Counsel, and I'll forever be pissed at Chris Coons for saying that Democrats called zero witnesses during the second impeachment trial because they all had to get home in time for Valentine's Day.

That was infuriating. They could have had him we were so close. Shoulda played the video of Josh Hawley running for his stupid life during the trial too

16 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

That was infuriating. They could have had him we were so close. Shoulda played the video of Josh Hawley running for his stupid life during the trial too

Nancy can burn in hell for not just calling an up or down vote on the article of impeachment Omar drafted while she was hiding in her office as soon as they got back into the Capitol. Both the House and the Senate debates could have literally just been "okay we all saw what just happened today, yea or nay?" It might have actually worked if she'd forced the Senate trial while they were all still on their adrenaline highs. 

• Like 1
  • True 1

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

From what I can discern, the six unindicted co-conspirators are:

Co-Conspirator 1 - Rudy Giuliani

Co-Conspriator 2 - John Eastman
Co-Conspirator 3 - Sidney Powell
Co-Conspirator 4 - Jeff Clark
Co-Conspirator 5 - Ken Chesebro
Co-Conspirator 6 - probably Boris Epshteyn

NBC News has confirmed this information.

Pence is the one who holds the dagger.

The special counsel obtained contemporaneous notes Mike Pence took on his meetings with Trump, according to the indictment, which cites the notes as evidence underpinning its case.

Citing Pence's notes, it alleges Trump and co-conspirator 2 "knowingly made false claims of election fraud" in a Jan. 4, 2021 meeting and asked Pence to either challenge or reject the legitimate electors from seven states.