Trump says he will be arrested on Tuesday and urges his supporters to attempt another coup

9 hours ago, sblfilms said:

It’s not even close to 80%, and the comparisons are tenuous at best. We know exactly how many overstayers there are on visas because we know how many were granted. The stats on border crossers is based on the number of migrants being apprehended by the government, not the total number who cross unlawfully because we actually don’t know how many that is. It is larger than the apprehension number.

Our immigration system is dumb, we should be letting more people in with open arms, and we should advocate for such things with true claims and not distorted social media factoids.

I mean, my post was simply meant as a broad summary of a much more complex problem, I just remember the stat being high I thought, though I agree there's no way to really know. I don't disagree with anything in your post. I completely agree we need far better and more open policies. "Legal" is just a term. We can change the laws to be far more humanitarian.

If we don't actually know the number of people coming across the border, that's because nobody wants to bother keeping count.

We could get easily figure out how many people are crossing the border. I work for one of the companies that provides cameras and drones to border control. Those things can pick up a child size heat signature ten miles out. We've got no problem buying these thing to put on military equipment to blow up brown people from across the planet. You'd need, what? 200 of these to handle the entire border and you wouldn't even need that many? They're even designed to automatically count and keep track of hundreds of people at a time.

It's all manufactured outrage.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, let's see how this plays out, but I am definitely happy to hear this news. I wish we coulda gotten this (maybe we still can!). 

A.I. Donald Trump fighting off the police pics go viral online: Is he  getting arrested or not? | Marca

Obviously fake because Trump definitely can't run. 

• True 3

3 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

When do we find out the charges?  What are they expected to be?

It seems to be a state campaign finance law for which the statute of limitations may be up anyway?

10 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Ashley Feinberg

@ashleyfeinberg

I would honestly give everything I own to turn this into a bundy-style standoff—leathery retirees armed with AR-15s around the mar-a-lago perimeter, reports of trump running out of vases to shit in after they turn the water off

I’d prefer Waco style tbh

• Sicko Sherman 1

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

This is a starter indictment.  NYS has broken the seal, and now the indictments will flow like the Nile.

It’s just been a foot race by multiple offices. The Fulton case is a lot more complex and there are a bunch of people who will be charged, so not terribly surprising Manhattan got there first.

11 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It seems to be a state campaign finance law for which the statute of limitations may be up anyway?

Also, where is this from? Are internet lawyers asserting that the Manhattan DA...isn't aware of the statute of limitations? There's paperwork, it's time stamped. Not exactly a guessing game.

• True 3